Suicides (Self-CK) should not be allowed to Name Change

Welsh

As the title suggests, Users who decide to CK via Suicide should not be allowed to Name Change at all, and completely lose all assets on that slot.

I can imagine there is a lot of players who happily escape into GTAW and while we are free to play whatever characters we feel, there has been plenty of awareness on Mental Health and Suicide rates in the Real world, to understand it is a growing problem.

There will also be players who have either lost friends or family to Suicide or have attempted or had those thoughts themselves, that I feel it is completely inappropriate RP that shouldn't be carried out in the first place. 

If players feel the need to kill off their characters, there are other avenues other then Suicide 

Edit: I've copied in my reply further down this thread.

Having read the replies to this so far, I can see some fair points being made against this suggestion.

How about Suicide being treated like a CK Application? While some have raised the point that there can be serious RP development that would lead to that situation, or on the basis of OOC Toxicity e.g.

With an application in line with CK Apps, this maybe would discourage those with throw away characters or who just want to cause drama over genuine RP?

Further Edit

Having read more replies in what has been a decent debate, I realise that there are situations that would lead to a Self-CK, however the question remains - should the user keep all the assets gained under that char by utilising a name change? 

Edited by TotalDeeJay
Added further comments/added (Self-CK) to title
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 2

I completely agree with this. It has always brought a bad taste in my mouth and often (not always) has the RP been done to create drama.. that is totally ignorant imo and I agree with you that there should be some loss of assets and name change. This really has to stop being RP'd.

Edited by bluecowgirlboots

I fully support this. So it happens that three years ago, my only brother decided to commit suicide and I can honestly tell it's no joke. There are a lot of people out there who struggle with this kind of thoughts and freely commiting suicide, even if it's just a game, should not be taken lightly. Suicide has a very powerful psychological impact and even when done in-game, it should have serious consequences. Maybe people won't take it that lightly then...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm divided. Part of me's like... yeah, but most people who take their own lives have different reasons. Many others would consider those reasons bad, or unreasonable, but when you're in such a state of mind, are you really reasonable? It's hard to really discuss or determine, mental health is complicated.

But at the same time, like @Jack Templar mentioned, treating something like that as a nice cheap way to quickly name change is distasteful, at best 😕 I don't know about the whole "destroy the character to oblivion" idea, but clearly, not giving a name change would be a start if there is no proper RP leading there. I've seen some characters, portraying such struggles really amazingly well - heart-wrenchingly well, sometimes. But on the other side of the coin, suiciding a char out of nowhere to just NC, is... yeah. Not amazing :x 

There are a lot of other, possibly better and more tasteful ways to retire characters overall. 

• Upvote 1

Your assets are your assets.

From a stand point with a fuck ton of years on LSRP I've tried to nc and get into a faction, and get absolutely shit on due to toxicity so I simply nc'ed to get on, and away from it. What you are suggesting will make the person 'stay' in the toxic environment which can be hurt full towards themselves irl if they aren't 'strong' enough mentally.

• Welsh changed the title to Suicides (Self-CK) should not be allowed to Name Change
  • Wuhtah locked this topic