Reworking the Alarm System and Burglaries

Bospy

Why are you trying to nerf alarms? We live in a digital era where they are super common. Unless criminals have access to the power supply of the house and manually disable everything, which would be extremely uncommon, they wouldn't trigger. Sensors don't fail often either and often have backup source of supply to keep on going. Not to say how common the break-ins already are. We don't live in the 80's anymore where CCTV's don't exist. Making alarms stupid expensive so criminals have an easier time is beyond stupid as well. No thanks.

Just now, Bospy said:

What's balanced in your opinion?

Increasing the time it takes to trigger the alarm is one way to do it, in my opinion. Typing out roleplay takes time, especially with the level of quality we expect to see as admins. Whereas in real life, searching a house is much faster. Right now, the alarms are triggered within a minute or something ridiculous like that. Giving the criminals more time to RP would be one way to balance it.

1 minute ago, Moe said:

Increasing the time it takes to trigger the alarm is one way to do it, in my opinion. Typing out roleplay takes time, especially with the level of quality we expect to see as admins. Whereas in real life, searching a house is much faster. Right now, the alarms are triggered within a minute or something ridiculous like that. Giving the criminals more time to RP would be one way to balance it.

I think that's fair too but from the criminal POV, a lot of shit gets left up to chance - right now you can actually game the current alarm system by breaking in, waiting for it to trigger, and then leaving. Some criminals actually just smash a window and wait across the street after the request is approved because they know the system works 100% of the time. If there's a chance, then it means they'll actually be roleplaying in the property and that loophole is gone.

I agree with everything in this proposal. Right now there’s a 30 second response time for the alarm to go off, I can type maybe one or two /me’s before I’m bombarded by PD/SD. For everyone that’s against this proposal, I ask you one question - when’s the last time you put in a request for a /breakin? 🤨

Edited by TyJ
39 minutes ago, Bospy said:

60% reliability, if tripped does not inform police until after 3 minutes has elapsed, alarm goes off at same time as police are informed.

I'm not even sure such an alarm would even manage to get to any kind of market... I know I'd laugh at anyone offering me such a "service". 

Also, a point mentioned is that not everyone in the US has a house alarm which is true. But no town in the US has the crime (and burglary) rate Los Santos has, which is part of why alarms are *designed* to be such strong deterrents. Just like car security was a joke back when it was introduced a long time ago, and as a result you'd get your car stolen after 2 minutes buying a taco... this suggestion looks like it's designed to have random houses broken into all the time for no reason, until people are sick of it and just stop getting properties to "sleep in their car" instead. 

It would also mean this issue here would get even worse: 

You're currently not able to /vpark a car with a weapon inside (even if it's just a baseball bat lol), but you'd also be unable to securely store your PF weapons in a home - since safes are kind of easy to break into and alarms would essentially become useless. 

If the idea is to make sure there are more weapons in the hands of illegal players, I'd suggest adding suppliers instead of encouraging them to farm burglaries 24/7. People farming robberies is annoying enough without adding another layer of that on top of it :x 

15 minutes ago, TyJ said:

I agree with everything in this proposal. Right now there’s a 30 second response time for the alarm to go off, I can type maybe one or two /me’s before I’m bombarded by PD/SD. For everyone that’s against this proposal, I ask you one question - when’s the last time you put in a request for a /breakin? 🤨

I guess I never did so I have to agree with what has been proposed?

Edited by Gazzeh
  • Wuhtah locked this topic