Liquor Stores sell bigger varieties

Selu

29 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I don’t know if this has been said before but we have generic categorical items (I.e. beer, whiskey) why not let stores simply rename these into brands and the sort to create the impression of variety. You could have about 20 different beers in your store, it’ll all still be beer but the rebranding of these items adds more depth to it. 

This is pretty much what the discussion is trying to accomplish in some way or another. Giving a way for the stores to be able to sell branded items (other than the generic ones) and also to be able to add to their stock available for purchase from local brewers / distilleries / wineries / etc. Liquor stores at the moment can not add to their stock at all, which kind of sucks. They can not sell Budweiser or Coors Light. They can only sell "Beer, Vodka, Rum" etc, as you already know.

Edited by 99
5 hours ago, Drew McCallum said:

As someone who's done ten years of hospitality, I one hundred percent support this, it's /needed/ to give us much more variety and possibilities.

Good to see a fellow hospitality vet! Currently, all this potential and opportunity is still available on the server through the brewery-run liquor distribution companies, they're just not available in script-based shop menus.

I approve of the idea of liquor stores having a pawn shop style menu. I think in general businesses should have more control of how their menus are offered, and I think the pawnshop menu script needs some extra development and use because it is in most ways an extremely useful and versatile script. See This suggestion

Any stock liquor stores carry should be obtained from breweries.

So personally having working the restaurant industry for roughly 15 years, I will say this.

Liquor stores, bars, clubs, etc should be getting their supplies through a supplier or distributor, it's the most realistic route to this 100%. Then those places should be reselling those items for a price which gives them profit.

I personally do not find logic in per say a club going to their local liquor store and purchasing a supply of alcohol for an opening night. In my 15 years, I have seen this happen once and it was due to our distributor was on back order and our local place had what we needed. But with that being said the job of a distributor or supplier is to offer products at a WHOLESALE price tag which to my knowledge the current distributors around are doing. They offer their products in a bulk supply for a cheaper price tag which is how it should be.

Moving forward, I think the bars need to be able to have a script implemented which allows them to contact distributors for their alcohol and then they can remarket that alcohol through the sell script. However, that brings into question, how would people purchase this alcohol from the store if the store isn't currently being attended by a player? Right now there are stores which are setup to only allow purchases when someone is attending it to roleplay out the sales.

I think overall this idea is great but if we are going for the most realistic option then distributors/suppliers need to be the one supplying the marketable items to the businesses for re-sale. As of right now, the distributor I use for the places I manage offers a crap ton of variety from alcohol level, coloration, taste, varieties of beers, etc. They also offer custom orders which means we can purchase Corona, Heineken, Absolut, Bacardi, etc. We just tend to stick to their brand to help market them.

And no I didn't read through the 7 pages of comments so apologies if someone already brought up these points.

I did read through some of them though and am massively confused. As it stands right now and last I knew, clubs and bars, receive $1,000 from the "government" for each unique entry which is capped at $40,000 or something in a 24/48 hour period. This isn't an uncapped profit and normally covers employee wages for the night. As much as people like to think we make a ton of money off drinks, we don't. Per person before the cap we receive $1,600 per unique entry unless of course they buy VIP which is $4,000 for the unique entry. We make a majority of our profits and money from customers entering a club, not drinks.

We also don't just make whatever drink we want out of thin air or at least not to my knowledge. There is no way to realistically buy every single type of beer to supply the club or bar and still somehow stay in the green on it. There is too many to order, my old place Los Santos Meteor Lounge, I had a night where individuals orders Modelo, Corona, Logger, Bud, Heineken, White Claw, and a few others. Now as a bar, I only get the $1,000 per unique entry and everything else is from drinks. Ordering all types of beer plus alcohol, the business wouldn't survive or stay open with the economy in GTAW. Along with the script for creating drinks is very clear, roleplay and name drinks realistically. That is why any place I manage, I inform the bartenders to name the drinks properly and have even had admins inform me it was promoting a higher standard of RP.
Ex - Jack Daniels On The Rocks - Tumbler Glass..... Corona - Bottle w/ Lime.... Patron - Shot w/ Lime & Salt
^^This allowed people to RP based on what their item was and promoted it as such. Club and Bar RP is a flood of talking, /me, and /do. So things tend to get lost so having the item named like that reminds them of it. So they can choose to RP it out or not, it's their choice.

But I think trying to compare Liquor Store, Breweries, Bars, and Clubs to the same payroll, supplies, income, etc is a bit strange due to multiple reasons. Due to this mainly -->
Bars typically have 1-2 bartenders which on average are 4-6k per hour = 16k-24k for a two hours shift of 1-2 bartenders

Clubs typically have 1-3 bartenders, 4-6 security, a DJ... 4-6k, 4-6k, 6-10k = 16k-24k, 16k-24k, 12k-20k = 44k-68k for one two hour opening

I am not sure on liquor stores but if I remember correctly it's 4k an hour scriptly plus a portion of sales.

Breweries got no idea.

Trying to compare these businesses and their scripts to determine if one deserves more money or script options is a stretch. Clubs and bars already have an issue with income due to stupid things occurring ICly like someone calling in a fake bomb threat, a fake shooting, etc. These things effect business extremely hard. I have never once heard of or seen a bomb threat or shooting be called in as a prank toward a liquor store of brewery.

There are a lot of ways to fix this entire situation but in reality, the distributors and suppliers need to remain exactly that. Liquor stores, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc should be enforced to use distributors and I know for a fact there are plenty of them out there, just requires doing the leg work and talking to other businesses to find a contact point. I know of two of them currently working and supplying people. Along with MGN Brewery is for sale or was.

Edited by Targuth
1 hour ago, Targuth said:

I did read through some of them though and am massively confused. As it stands right now and last I knew, clubs and bars, receive $1,000 from the "government" for each unique entry which is capped at $40,000 or something in a 24/48 hour period. This isn't an uncapped profit and normally covers employee wages for the night. As much as people like to think we make a ton of money off drinks, we don't. Per person before the cap we receive $1,600 per unique entry unless of course they buy VIP which is $4,000 for the unique entry. We make a majority of our profits and money from customers entering a club, not drinks.

This, for whatever reason, is currently uncapped.   I'm not sure why.  My friends that own/operate clubs and bars have let me know that they aren't being capped at $40K.    Then you're also talking about clubs that charge $600 on top of that for reach person.  So let's say the cap WAS $40K and the club  charges $600 for entry.  You get 40 people walking through, you're looking at $64K.  Divine that by, we'll say...  5 people?  That's still enough to pay each person nearly 13K.   We're not counting drinks sold, VIP, or any other products.  

We also don't just make whatever drink we want out of thin air or at least not to my knowledge. There is no way to realistically buy every single type of beer to supply the club or bar and still somehow stay in the green on it. There is too many to order, my old place Los Santos Meteor Lounge, I had a night where individuals orders Modelo, Corona, Logger, Bud, Heineken, White Claw, and a few others. Now as a bar, I only get the $1,000 per unique entry and everything else is from drinks. Ordering all types of beer plus alcohol, the business wouldn't survive or stay open with the economy in GTAW. Along with the script for creating drinks is very clear, roleplay and name drinks realistically. That is why any place I manage, I inform the bartenders to name the drinks properly and have even had admins inform me it was promoting a higher standard of RP.

That's not really fair to a bar that CAN'T rename stuff.  You can buy a craft beer at $45 and rename it to "Modelo, Corona, Logger, Etc" when in reality that's what the purpose of "Beer" should be.   You're buying OSAKA craft beer, it should REMAIN Osaka craft beer.  I get that we want to be realistic and have more selection and that realistically bars and clubs wouldn't be buying from Liquor Stores, but we're the ones getting deliveries from trucking companies.   Not Bars, not Clubs, not Breweries.   Breweries are meant to make THEIR brand products.  We don't have a Jack Daniels or a Miller Lite on our server, and therefore what should cover that when a client asks for it should be "Beer".  

Trying to compare these businesses and their scripts to determine if one deserves more money or script options is a stretch. Clubs and bars already have an issue with income due to stupid things occurring ICly like someone calling in a fake bomb threat, a fake shooting, etc. These things effect business extremely hard. I have never once heard of or seen a bomb threat or shooting be called in as a prank toward a liquor store of brewery.

Breweries don't get bomb threats because firstly, there's only about two active on the server and they are basically a closed business.  It would be like calling a bomb threat on a drug den.  You'd first have to know where it was, then you'd need to know it was in operation.    As for Liquor Stores, there's absolutely no purpose to staff them.  It's like a 24/7 you have to hire for and that nobody wants to RP at because they don't want the generic liquor, they'd rather go to a bar or club and get their Jack Daniels.

25 minutes ago, Selu said:

This, for whatever reason, is currently uncapped.   I'm not sure why.  My friends that own/operate clubs and bars have let me know that they aren't being capped at $40K.    Then you're also talking about clubs that charge $600 on top of that for reach person.  So let's say the cap WAS $40K and the club  charges $600 for entry.  You get 40 people walking through, you're looking at $64K.  Divine that by, we'll say...  5 people?  That's still enough to pay each person nearly 13K.   We're not counting drinks sold, VIP, or any other products.  

That's not really fair to a bar that CAN'T rename stuff.  You can buy a craft beer at $45 and rename it to "Modelo, Corona, Logger, Etc" when in reality that's what the purpose of "Beer" should be.   You're buying OSAKA craft beer, it should REMAIN Osaka craft beer.  I get that we want to be realistic and have more selection and that realistically bars and clubs wouldn't be buying from Liquor Stores, but we're the ones getting deliveries from trucking companies.   Not Bars, not Clubs, not Breweries.   Breweries are meant to make THEIR brand products.  We don't have a Jack Daniels or a Miller Lite on our server, and therefore what should cover that when a client asks for it should be "Beer".  

Breweries don't get bomb threats because firstly, there's only about two active on the server and they are basically a closed business.  It would be like calling a bomb threat on a drug den.  You'd first have to know where it was, then you'd need to know it was in operation.    As for Liquor Stores, there's absolutely no purpose to staff them.  It's like a 24/7 you have to hire for and that nobody wants to RP at because they don't want the generic liquor, they'd rather go to a bar or club and get their Jack Daniels.

So in regards to renaming OSAKA stuff, we don't rename the beer. We actually have a brewery who supplies us with Craft Beer and Alcohol. However, we do believe in supporting multiple businesses so we get Craft Alcohol and Beer from one then Osaka Products from Osaka.

In regards to the "no components", I think you are being fed misinformation. Each time we create a drink via /createdrink or /createitem, it takes components from us which is why we at times have to put component prices up and get deliveries. Yes we don't use that at nearly as high of a rate as say a liquor store, brewery, clothing store, etc but we do use them. This further proves my point we make nothing of alcohol, I looked into our sales last night and well drinks made us basically nothing unless people WEREN'T using the /createdrink script which is unacceptable.

And regarding your "We don't have a Jack Daniels or a Miller Lite on our server." These are companies and based on continuity we are based in California in a sense, it's why people are from New York, Puerto Rico, Norway, etc. Trying to say just because Los Santos doesn't have a headquarters for a business so the business doesn't exist is a bit troubling in my eyes. We constantly RP IRL style things into the server via other means when it comes to stuff. So why is it we should just completely disregard the fact that a SUPPLIER or DISTRIBUTOR can import Jack Daniels, Patron, Budweiser, etc. I mean there's candy stores importing name brand candies from Korea, Japan, and China. Why is it alcohol shouldn't be RP'd the same.

Just my two cents. I have done bar/club RP across 3 characters now because I just enjoy the aspect of doing the RP whether it be managing, DJing, owning, or just bartending. It's fun and interactive plus you can provide some in depth RP. Distributors were in HIGH DEMAND and there were a ton of them back when I started, but, now there are only a few around. Sadly, I think a lot of this is due to IRL circumstances due to holidays, finals in college, and other things probably. Every server I have been on sees a decline in business activity around this time of year. As of right now I know of Osaka and Alcoclub actively distributing. MGN was but is now for sale due to whatever reason. Along with there are two others but they stay to limited clients due to they are smaller operations.

Hopefully they do allow Liquor Stores to begin to purchase products through distributors so they can resell. But in my honest opinion for Realism sake, I will never openly promote a club, bar, or restaurant buying direct from a liquor store... it just doesn't make sense in my eyes after 15 years in the industry.

Edited by Targuth
On 12/3/2021 at 2:04 AM, Ink said:

Seeing your breakdown, @dontblink you literally could buy liquor from breweries and sell it manually to people who come in and make more money as a result. It would cost you a little bit more than the component cost, but you get a custom item and can charge a commiserate amount from your customers for the extra RP.

The challenge is entirely in the sales. It's nice when customers come in and just buy stuff through the script, come up and say "I want 6 whiskey, here is the automatic payment of $1,020, confirm my purchase." But where the fun of liquor RP is talking with customers and sharing knowledge. When you have a customer come in, you guide them instead as a realistic liquor store would: "What are you looking for? What can I help you find?" And then you sell the products the brewery sold you as much as you can. If people don't care, let them buy the script stuff. 

This is the same lesson breweries have been trying to teach bars/night clubs on this server, but most of them are not interested in dealing with the extra roleplay and portrayal. They just want to get booze and to rename it whatever they want rather than treat liquor as a consistent object in the game world. That's why most "brewery" RPers on this server were just selling generic "liquor" for bottom dollar so that bars/night clubs could RP that it's anything from a well gin to Don Julio 1942.

We've spent the last two years trying to encourage a higher level of liquor roleplay, and honestly, I think the effects have been seen across the server. People have been more and more following our example. If you're reading this and you're roleplaying a liquor store owner, a bar owner, a club owner, or just a liquor enthusiast, hit me up in my DMs, and let's work together. Liquor's a huge side-character in many of the stories told on GTA:W, it deserves to be fleshed out.

The only issue is my liquor store doesnt have a PINV like most do, I dont have keys or anything for the building so it'd have to sit in my personal inventory and that is a lot of space. I am not saying I am against this, it is just not possible for me currently to do this. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic