what is illegal rp missing?

ZaE

13 minutes ago, F0r3sT said:

norteno factions

as someone who lived in northern cali for a long time, i think norteno RP is very cool, but its hard seeing it fit

like having a norteno gang in paleto would be cringe, having one in LS wouldn't make sense

alas we're not antioch or sacramento RP (be kinda cool if we were)

One thing in the gang scene specifically that I see is people push too much for 'creative/unique' RP. When you push people to be creative and unique with their RP it usually goes out of the bounds of being realistic, instead you have gang bangers with voices in their heads, and many other goofy concepts. I don't believe illegal roleplay is missing anything, people just need to be more devoted to their concepts instead of abandoning them within in a month or two and moving onto the next one. 

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

Inside policing. Most of the bad criminals that get caught and cause increased LEO presence are unaffiliated. Why aren't the gangs policing those poor criminals that draw more attention to the territory of the gangs, meaning they have less leeway to act?

LEO factions really don't crack down on gang turfs like you are saying, they get an arrest, and move on. You will see SD/LSPD sitting outside of known shootout spots to rush in and save the day, but other than that there will really be np 'crackdowns' on gang factions at all. I would love to see more injunctions on gangs. 

9 minutes ago, SunPuddle said:

as someone who lived in northern cali for a long time, i think norteno RP is very cool, but its hard seeing it fit

like having a norteno gang in paleto would be cringe, having one in LS wouldn't make sense

alas we're not antioch or sacramento RP (be kinda cool if we were)

kinda dumb how they allow bulldogs but not nortes

4 minutes ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

One thing in the gang scene specifically that I see is people push too much for 'creative/unique' RP. When you push people to be creative and unique with their RP it usually goes out of the bounds of being realistic, instead you have gang bangers with voices in their heads, and many other goofy concepts. I don't believe illegal roleplay is missing anything, people just need to be more devoted to their concepts instead of abandoning them within in a month or two and moving onto the next one. 

Amen.

Good RP isn't being "unique" or novel. Its being able to portray a plausible/realistic concept well. There are 10,000 possible good portrayals of a hispanic banger with a meth problem - to pick a prime stereotype. I really like picking "classic" concepts and doing my best to humanize them, give them nuance, and portray them to their full extent. I love encountering "stereotypical" characters where its clear that attention/effort/thought has been put into the character.

1 minute ago, F0r3sT said:

kinda dumb how they allow bulldogs but not nortes

I just think there's a limit to IFM's ability to cover everything. I appreciate what they're trying to do, but of course there will be some minor inconsistencies.

I wish the GTA:V world allowed for a more comprehensive inclusion of all of California as in the big picture the criminal networking goes cross state and criminal groups influence eachother, but on SAMP servers it devolved into Nortenos/Sureno's driving across the map to beef sets unrealistically.

5 minutes ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

bulldogs nor nortes should be allowed because they simply aren't in Los Angeles, the same away LCN factions shouldn't be allowed because there are no functioning LCN on the West Coast as of 2021, but have fun trying to get IFM to disallow LCN factions.

So you're telling me Paleto Bay is 'Los Angeles'?

I think Sandy Shores / Paleto should be considered as areas such as Bakersfield and whatnot. It'd open up a whole new opportunity for roleplayers.

9 minutes ago, Writer said:

So you're telling me Paleto Bay is 'Los Angeles'?

I think Sandy Shores / Paleto should be considered as areas such as Bakersfield and whatnot. It'd open up a whole new opportunity for roleplayers.

Bakersfield is the boundary for Sureno/Nortenos in CA, so that doesn't really work either. Either way allow people to roleplay Nortenos in Paleto Bay, you're going to have Sureno gangs driving to Paleto Bay to shout "FUCK NORPUTOS" and Nortenos driving all the way to LS to shout "FUCK SCRAPS". Then what about when Nortenos get arrested? Sure I guess they can just PC up, but people should just roleplay Paleto / Sandy as county north of LS, where Nortenos / Bulldogs also don't exist. 

Fuck Norputos 

• Wuhtah locked this topic