what is illegal rp missing?

ZaE

12 minutes ago, markec said:

i'm developing my character but no one is gonna tell me how to develop it, i have my own ways of developing my character and that fella you agree with clearly has issues with how others portray their characters. I'm not going to wait months to get involved in drug deals or car theft, i'm not going to take ages to decide what is good and what is not for my character icly.

This here is what roleplay is. You create your concept and you play it. There is no leveling up, no progression...only your story and stories of others. 

The application to join the server is tailored for anyone, it's purpose is to let in people who are "rp ready" Which means they know the rules and require no additional gatekeeping.

Edited by Engelbert
24 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

The application to join the server is tailored for anyone, it's purpose is to let in people who are "rp ready" Which means they know the rules and require no additional gatekeeping.

Except that it isn't letting in only the people who are "rp ready", as helpfully indicated by the increasingly untenable murder rate and increasingly bogged forum reports section. I don't think a day's gone by this last week without someone being banned for breaking the rules.

We can't assume that everyone here is automatically up to snuff. If someone says they don't want to develop their characters, I won't blame anyone for taking that at face value.

In my personal opinion, a lot of the friction comes from too many smaller groups trying to occupy an extremely limited region. Some consolidation and additional self-policing would go a long way to establishing stability in the criminal community.

Edited by DasFroggy
10 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Except that it isn't letting in only the people who are "rp ready", as helpfully indicated by the increasingly untenable murder rate and increasingly bogged forum reports section. I don't think a day's gone by this last week without someone being banned for breaking the rules.

We can't assume that everyone here is automatically up to snuff. If someone says they don't want to develop their characters, I won't blame anyone for taking that at face value.

In my personal opinion, a lot of the friction comes from too many smaller groups trying to occupy an extremely limited region. Some consolidation and additional self-policing would go a long way to establishing stability in the criminal community.

Oh don't take me wrong, I am one of most zealous critics of criminal roleplay, especially gang roleplay. Thing is, many people, despite saying otherwise, are playing self-inserts. Otherwise we wouldn't have as many poor escalations as we have. Why do we have that many volatile young characters, blowing up at the smallest sign of argument? Cause many times, it's the fault of the player behind the character. Not saying, that everytime, cause there are people actually roleplaying their characters. I say, if you wanna roleplay something, leave your ego at the door. Cause it will get in the way.

Edited by Engelbert

Purpose, creativity, innovation, sense of social space, fear interpretation, understanding of what a marginalized individual is...

Not that any of these things matter, since the endless cops vs. robbers sounds cooler and more dynamic overall. Yikes.

As this logic doesn't amuse everyone, the environment becomes boring for civilians who exist just to be robbed and shot. 

Edited by agatha
  • Upvote 1
On 10/5/2021 at 5:44 PM, DasFroggy said:

Server doo doo 

Edited by Drekko

Where are the scammer RPers at? The fraudsters? The manufacturing of drugs, drug trafficking beyond poverty struck neighborhoods? Ponzi Schemes? 

Also, tbh like I said in other posts illegal RPers feel boxed because they believe anything they do will equal them getting a-jailed by a mis-informed admin using poor discretion.

Edited by Ronnie two poles
13 hours ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

LEO factions really don't crack down on gang turfs like you are saying, they get an arrest, and move on. You will see SD/LSPD sitting outside of known shootout spots to rush in and save the day, but other than that there will really be np 'crackdowns' on gang factions at all. I would love to see more injunctions on gangs. 

LEOs can't do anything. Most pursuits are caused by ''amateur'' criminal RPers that aren't in a faction. So a gang injuction wouldn't work.

All LEOs can do is arrest the offender who will log out when they get into TTCF and go on his other 2 characters and commit the same crimes. The result is that the crime rate stays the same.

Sure, they could camp Forum Drive 24/7 but then the criminal RPer Platinum Donators cry and LFM starts putting OOC pressure on the LEO factions to stop it.

Edited by averycoolguy

Diverse characters and good beef.  I'm sorry but the gang scene is dry when it comes to rp and such. Nearly everyone is a emotionless killer who will shoot at the drop of a hat  and throw all character development and realism to the wind.  Wars are now just back and forth wipe attempts until everyone is pked in a matter of days.  Everyone out of nowhere in some gangs or MCs become shooters over night and it just turns into a DM fest.  The recent Mongol and Vago was is a prime example of where wars are at in this server.  Hate me if you want I really don't care but its a prime example of conflicts in this server.  Try to up the score daily with as many bodies as possible so you got something to put on video or screens.  The same for street gangs where there is a shooting almost two times a day in wars and no interactions end without bullets flying and 9 times out of ten reports follow.  Where the roleplay of jumping your enemy, fighting, throwing signs, trying to embarrass your ops, social media beefs, and many things that can go before just daily shootings.  I want to se more in depth conflicts between rival factions not just 'Oh we hate eachother load up four deep and shoot' everyday.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
25 minutes ago, averycoolguy said:

LEOs can't do anything. Most pursuits are caused by ''amateur'' criminal RPers that aren't in a faction. So a gang injuction wouldn't work.

All LEOs can do is arrest the offender who will log out when they get into TTCF and go on his other 2 characters and commit the same crimes. The result is that the crime rate stays the same.

Sure, they could camp Forum Drive 24/7 but then the criminal RPer Platinum Donators cry and LFM starts putting OOC pressure on the LEO factions to stop it.

I can't agree with this at all.   Ima be honest after being in LSPD and LSSD and also being Gang Unit in LSPD theres a lot of cases that can come from a lot of shit that LEO rpers just clean up and toss.  Seen it countless times where a body is /senttomorgue and casings are dumped in the ocean.  Why?  Because the shooting is over and the boring part of paperwork is unwanted.  Now I'm not saying this is everyone but it happens alot.  I think the PD need to be harder on gangs and actually apply pressure when they get the opportunity because some of these gang live like its a lawless Afghanistan. 

15 minutes ago, Spider X3 said:

I can't agree with this at all.   Ima be honest after being in LSPD and LSSD and also being Gang Unit in LSPD theres a lot of cases that can come from a lot of shit that LEO rpers just clean up and toss.  Seen it countless times where a body is /senttomorgue and casings are dumped in the ocean.  Why?  Because the shooting is over and the boring part of paperwork is unwanted.  Now I'm not saying this is everyone but it happens alot.  I think the PD need to be harder on gangs and actually apply pressure when they get the opportunity because some of these gang live like its a lawless Afghanistan. 

999 out of 1000 body investigations are a waste of time. What good are casings? They'll just show a stolen gun from some guy that is probably inactive for half a year.

The Detective Bureau spends months working on a case and by the time they have enough proof that character Namechanges.

GG.

Edited by averycoolguy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic