what is illegal rp missing?

ZaE

32 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

More businesses other than clubs or bars so gang chars under 18 have something to do other than brawl and shoot eachother 

But what could somebody open besides a bar or a club for a young demographic, give some examples.

5 hours ago, peasoup said:

Plea deals and snitching?

It's not that simple when there is no interest from the other party to pursue that kind of roleplay. I wanted to portray an informant, I walked down to a station and wanted a $100 reward for my information regarding a drug dealer and they told me there isn't anyone interested in it, that I can TRY to wait for a detective to log on. I even told them that I can help them set him up, but there was no interest at all.

8 hours ago, Spider X3 said:

Diverse characters and good beef.  I'm sorry but the gang scene is dry when it comes to rp and such. Nearly everyone is a emotionless killer who will shoot at the drop of a hat  and throw all character development and realism to the wind.  Wars are now just back and forth wipe attempts until everyone is pked in a matter of days.  Everyone out of nowhere in some gangs or MCs become shooters over night and it just turns into a DM fest.  The recent Mongol and Vago was is a prime example of where wars are at in this server.  Hate me if you want I really don't care but its a prime example of conflicts in this server.  Try to up the score daily with as many bodies as possible so you got something to put on video or screens.  The same for street gangs where there is a shooting almost two times a day in wars and no interactions end without bullets flying and 9 times out of ten reports follow.  Where the roleplay of jumping your enemy, fighting, throwing signs, trying to embarrass your ops, social media beefs, and many things that can go before just daily shootings.  I want to se more in depth conflicts between rival factions not just 'Oh we hate eachother load up four deep and shoot' everyday.

Guns being expensive, I assume in an attempt to make guns and combat scarcer, makes people way more likely to break rules or write essay type reports in order to avoid losing them. See Tarkov and gear fear - it applies here too.

If X gangbanger is carrying his 35K glock and Y gangbangers approach him looking to jump him, I reckon most of the time X gangbanger is going to pull that gun out and use it for the purpose which he bought it, to protect himself and whack the opps.

If X gangbanger is carrying his 10K glock and Y gangbangers approach him looking to jump him, he might protect himself with the weapon, but he also might assume that since guns are cheap, that they might have them, and he'd be outnumbered. Factor into this "If I lose the Glock, I can just buy another one easily", he might be willing to accept a loss more.

The thing is with gang roleplay, most of the low level people do the shooting. Most of these people are into just gang RP and gang RP is, of course, filled with noobs naturally as a lot of them are players wanting to play GTA rather than heavily develop a character like someone in LCN RP might do. There's little you can do to change that.

To them, they treasure the gun which can be up to a quarter of their 200K starter check more than their character's life.

Put yourself into their perspective - they're right in a sense. The gun is worth its weight in gold, and due to the nature of short-lived characters in heavily violent gang RP, char dev is lesser for the majority of the people in that scene.

The current gang culture IRL is to shoot, which doesn't help much, and having cheaper guns wouldn't decrease the amount of shootings, but it wouldn't necessarily increase because these players obviously do get the guns very easily anyway. Getting them isn't a problem - pay starter check cash to someone they know, rob a PF'd up citizen, rob the house of a PF'd up citizen. They retain the guns they do get for a while if they're willing to break rules to avoid losing them.

If the guns were cheaper and more directly available for gang RPers, I argue people would treasure their character's lives a bit more and be way less willing to break a number of rules. A good percentage of rulebreaking is done in the course of avoiding losing guns. Less PF/Paleto robberies too.

I think guns should be given an overhaul in general to make them less powerful. Few suggestions:

Making the reticle not turn red on aiming at a target, if possible.

No hitmarkers for death.

Lowering GTA shooting skill if it isn't already at its lowest [I know bicycle jump height is dependent on singleplayer savegame skill] The guns are like lasers with zero recoil.

Less damages all around, less lethality. More room for aware characters to get away. More interesting conflicts escalate when people trade shots and they both survive with injuries.

On being shot, only display "IS INJURED" or "IS DEAD" at a very close range. Most people execute based on seeing this.

Pistols jamming with an infinitesimally low chance. Chance increased for guns equipped with extended magazines. Could be funny.

Less intense blood trails for gunshots. It's quite ridiculous at this point in time - I literally tracked a target I had failed to initially kill like I was a fucking bloodhound.

Cheaper and more readily available melee weapons - a $50 25dmg hammer is just as good, if not better, than a $10,000 31dmg switchblade, and most people with $15-20k 36dmg machetes won't bring them out because it's hugely noticeable, slow as shit, and they'll get shot. Not to mention the lack of combat knives which is just... weird.

More melee weapons and more variety. Everyone is either carrying a switchblade and a hammer. Just make them all cheap and readily available, they're all basically shit and on par anyway.

My suggestion for that is to make them all available in the factory for construction with machetes being the highest cost to make, and knives being the lowest; therefore you'll have a lot more people using knives and less running with machetes Florida-style but still more than the current zero. Have a lesser list of cars to grab, but more car parts from each to lower the prices.

Remove melee supplier. It's a joke - everyone knows it's a joke.

Less jail time for murder. 20 days is a joke, people have lives and the PD will charge every gang RPer with murder when possible. 2 weeks at most.

The court RP pandering negatively affects gang RP. More gang RPers than court RPers, keep that in mind.

IMO a lot of the rule breaking at the low end is a result of awful economy and supply lines from the top end.

Edited by Sniper
1 hour ago, ZaE said:

But what could somebody open besides a bar or a club for a young demographic, give some examples.

Go-Karts, motocross, watercross

Airsoft (haven't seen any open since that Valeriy guy got CKed)

Illegal raves (the 15WP to make outdoor furniture is a joke, should just be /reportable for permission and not monetised; my friend spent 15WP trying to host one and nobody came because he failed to advertise it properly. The next day, he tried to do it, but didn't have any WP and the admins didn't let him spawn it despite him doing sufficient advertising this time)

Really, the 15WP for temporary outdoor furniture shouldn't be a thing. There should at least be free biweekly/weekly tokens.

A lot of people with more creativity than I would create events if it wasn't a monetised feature.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Dustyboi said:

More businesses other than clubs or bars so gang chars under 18 have something to do other than brawl and shoot eachother 

Opened a whole restaurant in Davis for 3 months and it was empty 75% of the time, despite opening for 5 hours a day.

19 hours ago, markec said:

i'm developing my character but no one is gonna tell me how to develop it, i have my own ways of developing my character and that fella you agree with clearly has issues with how others portray their characters. 

this

20 minutes ago, ZaE said:

These are all extremely hard to do.

airsoft is only hard with large arena and large amnt of players [they usually just let everyone in for the $$$ instead of fixed amounts]

It is fun and manageable with smaller arenas and groups

• Wuhtah locked this topic