What type of business do you feel is missing from the server?

Vassilios

14 minutes ago, Aquila said:

I'd personally say that they should get rid of the government bonus. There's already enough incentives to run and open bars and clubs, to the point where we no longer need an old system like the government bonus one.

Then there would have to be a medium. If you get rid of the bonus, let the employees get paid the 4K / hour from the government. Clubs are quite expensive to run past the first hour if you're having to pay the bartenders, security, etc. from your own pocket especially if there is no bonus. Without the 1K per person bonus, larger establishments are pretty much unable to run for more than an hour or so. All this counting on the fact that a larger establishment is run correctly. When corners are cut, obviously they don't pay out much and keep the rest. I'm advocating for businesses who try to do it correctly. When a club has to pay 1-2 bartenders and 1+ security staff + a manager per hour from their pocket, it adds up really quick without that government bonus. If we go without it, then let the employees get paid the 4K per hour from the staff system and it should all balance out. Everyone goes home happy.

Edited by Italiano
5 minutes ago, Italiano said:

Then there would have to be a medium. If you get rid of the bonus, let the employees get paid the 4K / hour from the government. Clubs are quite expensive to run past the first hour if you're having to pay the bartenders, security, etc. from your own pocket especially if there is no bonus. Without the 1K per person bonus, larger establishments are pretty much unable to run for more than an hour or so. All this counting on the fact that a larger establishment is run correctly. When corners are cut, obviously they don't pay out much and keep the rest. I'm advocating for businesses who try to do it correctly. When a club has to pay 1-2 bartenders and 1+ security staff + a manager per hour from their pocket, it adds up really quick without that government bonus. If we go without it, then let the employees get paid the 4K per hour from the staff system and it should all balance out. Everyone goes home happy.

I realised I had a brain fart when I suggested that employees get paid $4,000 (or more) from the government, because then there's absolutely no loss to the business at all.

I'm fine with any medium that doesn't just immediately reward businesses from the get go. I understand we're all here to have fun and not deal with stress; but, realistically, businesses don't always make a profit even with heavy business. So a happy medium should be worked on. I don't know enough about how the current system works to say much on the topic (I presume the inner technicalities have changed).

1 minute ago, Aquila said:

I realised I had a brain fart when I suggested that employees get paid $4,000 (or more) from the government, because then there's absolutely no loss to the business at all.

I'm fine with any medium that doesn't just immediately reward businesses from the get go. I understand we're all here to have fun and not deal with stress; but, realistically, businesses don't always make a profit even with heavy business. So a happy medium should be worked on. I don't know enough about how the current system works to say much on the topic (I presume the inner technicalities have changed).

If it's a nightclub that simply has the bar script to rename custom alcohol items and provide the alcohol, the only income is from:

• Selling alcohol at a profit
  • Door fees (Not as many businesses do this anymore)
  • The 1K per person government bonus

Bartenders, security & managers do not get paid the $4K per hour bonus from the government /startshift script in these businesses with no other script besides the bar script. At this point, that standard 4K per hour generally comes out of the owner's pocket. If a nightclub is being fair, they'd be paying out at a minimum of 4K per hour for one bartender and generally security guards inside or at the door (1-2) at 4K - 5K per guard per hour. So per hour, a fair owner would be paying out 4K-16K per hour, if not more depending on how generous they are with regards to payments. The issue of nightclub owners being shit owners and stingy towards their workers can be argued as an IC issue or a portrayal issue at this point. However, without that 1K per person bonus at this point, there isn't much room for income leftover once paying out staff properly.

If you were to do away with the 1K per person entry bonus, I'd say the happy medium would be to allow these workers access to the /startshift functionality to receive the $4K per hour and put the onus on the business owner to earn a profit from selling the alcohol and other creative methods. I wouldn't put the pressure on them to have to pay out their workers when the only income at that point is from door fees / alcohol profits and whatever else they can come up with. To me, that's the most fair way to do this.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Medical marijuana. 

IFM won't let it happen. Sucks. They already OOC stepped in when the IC government tried to pass a law legalizing it. Wish it were different, but it is what it is.

Edited by Italiano
1 minute ago, Italiano said:

IFM won't let it happen. Sucks. They already OOC stepped in when the IC government tried to pass a law legalizing it. Wish it were different, but it is what it is.

I agree it should still be illegal, as this is a fictious world. Reason being; illegal RP needs it to be illegal. But, there could be a way for rare IC causes (cancer, terminally ill, etc) can get a set amount of weed through a dispensary. Not recreational. 

stuff like what hawaiian snow does

(active) hardware stores

fast food restaurants

food delivery

skate shop/park

laundromats

city arcades

less bars and clubs blasting their newest drink specials

atleast imo these are businesses i'd consistently attend even if my character would be the only regular. slice of life stuff in general is just lacking i think and it causes players to deviate to typical hubs for some sort of meaningful human interaction than living out a characters life through day to day stuff while meeting other characters

Edited by College Sweetheart

Grimier venues. Bars that actually feels like real bars.

Maybe more niché stores like music stores, art stores etc.

A shop that actually roleplays around aftermarket car parts could also be cool (Ordering the parts you install at the many garages. This could add for a lot of roleplay.)

More foodtrucks would also be cool.

• Wuhtah locked this topic