What type of business do you feel is missing from the server?

Vassilios

3 hours ago, fortyfive said:

Dispensary obviously!

I created a pharmacy with dispensary at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately it did not go off as planned and remained a one-man-show until I closed it. But If anyone is up for the task, the pharmacy should be available through business leases.

2 hours ago, orca112 said:

I created a pharmacy with dispensary at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately it did not go off as planned and remained a one-man-show until I closed it. But If anyone is up for the task, the pharmacy should be available through business leases.

I can relate, it's probably because of the majority of players haven't really familiar with it. Just like how I used to apply a table service in my restaurant, but almost every customers naturally went to the bar to make the order. And I think it's literally normal for the business owner if we wanna alter the business concept into something that haven't exist before (Most of players tend to just go with the mainstream habits to play it safe).

6 hours ago, orca112 said:

I think the current business system is at fault for this, if anything. It rewards bars and clubs (they make way too much money, with government pay per entrance and overpriced drinks) over places that are there purely for roleplay.

The system may have changed over the last few years, but it's still the same system that unfortunately penalises businesses that are unique or against the norm. I see so many obscure businesses being dormant because there's not much motivation to run them.

13 minutes ago, Aquila said:

I think the current business system is at fault for this, if anything. It rewards bars and clubs (they make way too much money, with government pay per entrance and overpriced drinks) over places that are there purely for roleplay.

The system may have changed over the last few years, but it's still the same system that unfortunately penalises businesses that are unique or against the norm. I see so many obscure businesses being dormant because there's not much motivation to run them.

You are not wrong. Also another issue, in my opinion, is that clubs make so much but they pay staff members really bad. Like bartenders get paid 5k an hour usually when they have to type and roleplay for two hours straight meanwhile club owners just sit around and get much much more.

12 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

You are not wrong. Also another issue, in my opinion, is that clubs make so much but they pay staff members really bad. Like bartenders get paid 5k an hour usually when they have to type and roleplay for two hours straight meanwhile club owners just sit around and get much much more.

I understand your grievance, but the pay thing is unfortunately an IC issue. Club workers could easily just choose not to work at a certain club, but it is very unfair that bars get the government pay (correct me if I'm wrong) of $1,000 per person that walks in to the bar. Not to mention the entry fee of a 1 hour paycheck (or 2 hour paychecks for people unaware of the "job" system) in some places. I hoped all that was long gone while I've been away, but unfortunately not. Hopefully it changes though.

Bartending RP, for me anyway, isn't too difficult — a lot of people may try to make it more difficult than it really is.

1 hour ago, Aquila said:

I understand your grievance, but the pay thing is unfortunately an IC issue. Club workers could easily just choose not to work at a certain club, but it is very unfair that bars get the government pay (correct me if I'm wrong) of $1,000 per person that walks in to the bar. Not to mention the entry fee of a 1 hour paycheck (or 2 hour paychecks for people unaware of the "job" system) in some places. I hoped all that was long gone while I've been away, but unfortunately not. Hopefully it changes though.

Bartending RP, for me anyway, isn't too difficult — a lot of people may try to make it more difficult than it really is.

You're correct, it's $1,000 per person up to $40,000. Bartending roleplay isn't difficult, I absolutely love bartending it's just that you have to serve so many people that come in and sometimes people stall etc and it just gets tedious if you know what I mean. In my bar, there's no entry fee and I price things cheaply (I get $50 profit per drink or even less) so the government pay is godsent. But clubs/bars that charge $600 to enter, $500 per drink + government pay is just ridiculous.

As you said club workers could choose not to work but it's just an easily replaceable job that you just have to get the shit pay if you want money.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

You're correct, it's $1,000 per person up to $40,000. Bartending roleplay isn't difficult, I absolutely love bartending it's just that you have to serve so many people that come in and sometimes people stall etc and it just gets tedious if you know what I mean. In my bar, there's no entry fee and I price things cheaply (I get $50 profit per drink or even less) so the government pay is godsent. But clubs/bars that charge $600 to enter, $500 per drink + government pay is just ridiculous.

As you said club workers could choose not to work but it's just an easily replaceable job that you just have to get the shit pay if you want money.

I proposed a bar vendor system a while back where we replace the whole /pay and /giveitem thing with a more refined /selldrink or /sellfood item instead. People can still type their /me's and /do's, but don't have to wait unnecessarily long for something so simple like ordering a drink.

Roleplay shouldn't be about adding challenges. It should be about accurate portrayal, enhanced by efficiency.

Would also be nice if the chat distance was lower again inside interiors, because right now bars/clubs are annoying to deal with because of the /me spam I have to endure.

4 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Grungy nightclubs/illegal raves intended for illegal RP'ers.

This, we used to have warehouse raves full of drugs back in 2018 and that shit has to come back.

Hell, I DJ, just hit me up for at least a block party until we squat in some industrial warehouse lmao.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic