TTCF, SD, and visitation - A discussion.

Darcin

Increase the length of sentences for crimes and make Jail RP relevant other than for those who already like it. In my opinion the short length of most sentences does nothing but perpetuate the idea that they're an OOC punishment since you can just forget about your character for the night and pick it up tomorrow unless you have some serious charges.

I think that having a longer presence from people who aren't all grizzled lifers and absolutely unhinged murderers and career criminals would help all parts involved. Jail is very alienating if you're someone that just happened to make a one-time mistake because you're not gonna be able to spend much time with people in your same circumstances and bond about how scary jail is or w/e.

1 hour ago, Koko said:

Increase the length of sentences for crimes and make Jail RP relevant other than for those who already like it.

This won't help at all. There's already enough people who have no interested in jail rp yet they end up with lenghty sentences and end up ruining the experience for the dedicated playerbase. Obviously, it's admin's job to deal with the shitters trolling and disrupting roleplay, but it's not feasible to have them spectating the ttcf 24/7 (as a matter of the fact they already do. it really is a shitshow at times, doesn't change the fact it shouldn't be the case).

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
1 hour ago, Koko said:

Increase the length of sentences for crimes and make Jail RP relevant other than for those who already like it. In my opinion the short length of most sentences does nothing but perpetuate the idea that they're an OOC punishment since you can just forget about your character for the night and pick it up tomorrow unless you have some serious charges.

I think that having a longer presence from people who aren't all grizzled lifers and absolutely unhinged murderers and career criminals would help all parts involved. Jail is very alienating if you're someone that just happened to make a one-time mistake because you're not gonna be able to spend much time with people in your same circumstances and bond about how scary jail is or w/e.

Please for the love of everything that’s holy, no. Jail is fun if you have a male character, get locked up with friends or have the blessing of being active in the male pod during a very specific time window. For the rest, jail is literally 0 roleplay and solitary confinement. 

12 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

This won't help at all. There's already enough people who have no interested in jail rp yet they end up with lenghty sentences and end up ruining the experience for the dedicated playerbase. Obviously, it's admin's job to deal with the shitters trolling and disrupting roleplay, but it's not feasible to have them spectating the ttcf 24/7 (as a matter of the fact they already do. it really is a shitshow at times, doesn't change the fact it shouldn't be the case).

Yeah, I understand what you mean, but I do think that there's no solution to the problem that isn't going to come through a lot of strain at first. The way things are now jail is just not taken as a legitimate IC experience by a sector of the population. I don't think people should spectate TTCF 24/7 but I think that there could be ways to make it less alienating for people with shorter sentences. I think one of them could be lengthening sentences so low-sec type inmates can actually mingle and interact instead of being around seriously dangerous criminals all the time.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Please for the love of everything that’s holy, no. Jail is fun if you have a male character, get locked up with friends or have the blessing of being active in the male pod during a very specific time window. For the rest, jail is literally 0 roleplay and solitary confinement. 

See your point too and you aren't wrong, tbh. But I also feel like current sentences just aid in people disregarding crime since sentences really aren't that big a deal for a majority of things.

Edited by Koko

As someone who is/was semi-active in SD I always wanted to focus on TTCF duties but within a week of doing so I was burnt out from having to deal with stupid situations. I always give people the time of day in the jail but sometimes you get a really bad egg that'll make you not want to sit there and babysit people. In reality, we get fed up with it, well I do.

7 minutes ago, Koko said:

Yeah, I understand what you mean, but I do think that there's no solution to the problem that isn't going to come through a lot of strain at first. The way things are now jail is just not taken as a legitimate IC experience by a sector of the population. I don't think people should spectate TTCF 24/7 but I think that there could be ways to make it less alienating for people with shorter sentences. I think one of them could be lengthening sentences so low-sec type inmates can actually mingle and interact instead of being around seriously dangerous criminals all the time.

Oh yeah, more unadulterated solo roleplay for weeks on end. Longer sentences are just going to exacerbate that issue, and it’s not an issue of length. You just can’t have a bustling jail 24/7 for all players. Right now, those blessed with purpose, interest and the right circumstances can enjoy jail. Those who fall outside of that still have to do time but are provided for as well by not having to suffer. It’s suppose to be a good experience for the player, not a punishment. 

4 hours ago, Koko said:

If they increase time , I can play something else . Increasing time is not the solution . 

I'd be curious to find out how many people on the server actually enjoy the experience of prison.  I know there's SOME who are like "try prison RP, it's fun" but how many also think it's more of an OOC punishment/AFK boring time?  I mean, if SD don't enjoy guarding it and criminals don't enjoy prison RP, it needs a rethink.  That video above doesn't make it look very fun if that's the common experience of TTCF.

26 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

I'd be curious to find out how many people on the server actually enjoy the experience of prison.  I know there's SOME who are like "try prison RP, it's fun" but how many also think it's more of an OOC punishment/AFK boring time?  I mean, if SD don't enjoy guarding it and criminals don't enjoy prison RP, it needs a rethink.  That video above doesn't make it look very fun if that's the common experience of TTCF.

From someone that's spent a hefty chunk of time in jail through multiple short sentences on different characters, jail is great if you're playing a MALE character, if you play a female character don't even bother, jail RP for female characters is as dead as it comes.

Jail is far from the pinnacle of GTAW RP it's made out to be, a lot of corny characters that anywhere else would be branded mallrats and edge lords left unchecked because they fall under the illegal umbrella BUT the good characters in there really are great and if you're lucky enough not to experience the bad you'll surely find yourself hours over your release time enjoying the atmosphere and RP.

Jail RP's overrated but it's from from bad (if you're playing a male character).

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Wuhtah locked this topic