What car do you drive?

WhiteShadow

• 1 month later...

Just a stock Volvo v40 with a 1.9d Renault diesel engine. Plans are R17 rims and lowering it in the further future. Now I gotta' refurbish the turbo (will do it myself) and replace the interrior.

Soon I will be getting the last facelift (I have the second to last) front grille and three spoke steering wheel along with a leather interrior, cause there is a hole in the my drivers seat. Now there is a cloth interrior.

(Text copied from a different car forums)

I've always been a car guy since I remember myself, always been a fan of S-Chassis and ect, but then I realized that its too unreal to get one here as most of them cost over 5000 euros and are a pain to maintain, then I started looking at BMW's and fell in love with them as one of my older brothers always had a BMW, first he had a 320i E36 with a welded diff in like 2006 with a wannabe E39 M5 bumper in front and blue underglow (I thought that car was sick back then), then he got a E39 528i wagon right before he moved to the UK where he bought a E38 735i on Style 32's and a beige leather interior and Mtech3 steering wheel which sadly burned down. My dad always ***** BMW's and thought of them as cars for pre-mature men that only hoon around and sh#t and cause a ruckus, but that changed when he bought a E61 525d for himself and he fell in love with the car and BMW as a whole (Not the old ones though, those are still meant for teens and wannabee drifters), I mostly drove the E61 for around 3 years as my dad actually works in Germany for 2 months and comes home for only 2 weeks. Me studying and working in a different city (Riga, capital of Latvia) and car theft rates of e61's going up, I needed a car for myself as I didn't want the e61 to get stolen. I started looking for a clean E36 or a E46, but with the budget I had, I didn't have time to find one soon enough (I only had a few days to get a car because of reasons), so in desperation, I started looking at other cars and came across the hero of this story, a 2002 Volvo V40 1.9D which has seen better days, but the body was in decent condition, had brand new tires all around and came with brand new winter tires on a set of steelies. I taught of it as just a car for now, but as I started driving it more and more, I fell in love with it and found little kinks and different things that makes it a pretty cool car. So enough blabbing on, some pictures and plans - 

DSC_0284.JPG

DSC_0300.JPG

So far I have replaced the front struts and rear springs, installed a pioneer radio with AUX and put a bigass home-made sub in the trunk, which I got for free.

And my dad's e61 that I drove for three years prior to buying this car, it was pretty much my car since dad bareley touched it as he works abroad and only comes home every two months for two weeks. But eventually I figured that I need my own.

e611111111.jpg

Edited by Salss
  • Gall locked this topic