Amendment to Rule 17 in regards to sexual advertisements

4 hours ago, baddie said:

There's a simple fix here.
Even some allowed business ads can be adult-related (strip clubs, adult stores+). So how about this:

1. Add a flag for it in the /ad creation window:

image.png?ex=65b5f93c&is=65a3843c&hm=a39

2. Add NSFW to the pop-up dialog, and don't display the text.

image.png?ex=65b5fa31&is=65a38531&hm=14e

3. Add (NSFW) At the beginning of the ad, block out the text. So you have to click the eyeball to see it.

image.png?ex=65b5fac3&is=65a385c3&hm=3fc

This would be the perfect fix but it's easier to ban it than doing this, unfortunately.

I always wonder if people forget that GTA V is 18+. I wonder if people forget that you can see titties, blowjobs, Trevor giving a biker chick backshots, a full on naked colony, aswell as fully animated sex scenes for prostitutes.

Like holy shit people, you guys remember what game you're playing right?

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Wasloos said:

I always wonder if people forget that GTA V is 18+. I wonder if people forget that you can see titties, blowjobs, Trevor giving a biker chick backshots, a full on naked colony, aswell as fully animated sex scenes for prostitutes.

Stop spitting facts please. 😞

8 hours ago, Wasloos said:

Yeah but that's not the point

GTAW isn't necessarily set in the GTAW universe, and a lot of things that happen in the campaign are actually banned here (such as cannibalism). GTA5 is heavy on the satire, and the hyperbolic or stereotyped nature of LA Culture. GTAW, however, is a much more grounded setting, with a more realistic city that doesn't allow literal smut in public, for the same reason its not allowed IRL.

GTAW seeks to replicate a real American city as best as it can, limited only by the engine's limitations and some gameplay conveniences to make up for the fact people aren't online 24/7. That's why minors exist, that's why players play cops, and politicians, and that's why we have a full crime and justice system that'll impound your car for speeding or running lights. And that's why you can't be obscene in public, where both minors and simply those who dont wanna see it, exist.

And before you say "Well minors shouldn't play this game, its 18+" No. The game is rating M, 17+ to PURCHASE, not to own. At least in America, things get a little more complicated with rating systems in other countries, but I don't wanna get into that whole spiel.

A lot of people do not wanna see NSFW shit shoved in their face, both IRL, and IG, minors and adults. Hell, a lot of people haven't even played the campaign, they got this game just to RP here. So saying "yeah but the game is 18+" is not an excuse to be gross in public. This isn't an ERP server, or an ERP game, Rule 9 and 19 exist for a reason, and ads should not be an exception to them.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
On 1/17/2024 at 4:26 PM, Astralsomnia said:

Yeah but that's not the point

GTAW isn't necessarily set in the GTAW universe, and a lot of things that happen in the campaign are actually banned here (such as cannibalism). GTA5 is heavy on the satire, and the hyperbolic or stereotyped nature of LA Culture. GTAW, however, is a much more grounded setting, with a more realistic city that doesn't allow literal smut in public, for the same reason its not allowed IRL.

GTAW seeks to replicate a real American city as best as it can, limited only by the engine's limitations and some gameplay conveniences to make up for the fact people aren't online 24/7. That's why minors exist, that's why players play cops, and politicians, and that's why we have a full crime and justice system that'll impound your car for speeding or running lights. And that's why you can't be obscene in public, where both minors and simply those who dont wanna see it, exist.

And before you say "Well minors shouldn't play this game, its 18+" No. The game is rating M, 17+ to PURCHASE, not to own. At least in America, things get a little more complicated with rating systems in other countries, but I don't wanna get into that whole spiel.

A lot of people do not wanna see NSFW shit shoved in their face, both IRL, and IG, minors and adults. Hell, a lot of people haven't even played the campaign, they got this game just to RP here. So saying "yeah but the game is 18+" is not an excuse to be gross in public. This isn't an ERP server, or an ERP game, Rule 9 and 19 exist for a reason, and ads should not be an exception to them.

imagine writing out paragraphs regarding the wanton murder of minors in gruesome fashion, the disgusting nature of racism and misogyny, the demoralizing aspects of immense poverty surrounded by a thin veil of vanity in class politics but god forbid i see an xfeed ad cross my screen 

this suggestion is about ads, not public sex or amending rule 19. you pass a 100 sexually suggestive ads everyday in the continental United States especially living in a major city like LA, let’s be honest 

Edited by radreaper100
  • Upvote 7

I don’t care either way and I agree a lot of these ads are dumb, however:

The idea that GTAW is supposed to be family friendly when it literally profits off the sexualization of its players via FB, Quickdate, and AdmireMe (when it existed) is pretty funny. 

I think management should decide whether or not this server is supposed to be for children—and if it is, you need to outright ban inappropriate behavior instead of trying to conceal it. And if it isn’t, you need to ban minors (understanding that it’s nearly impossible to enforce.)

This idea that you can simultaneously promote, encourage, and even OOCly profit off NSFW content while also making a concerted effort to allow and encourage minors playing the server is silly. It’s like having a daycare in a strip club—either ban kids or get rid of the strippers.  

it seems like a silly conversation to have about a game where murdering other people is a core mechanic. 

Edited by NickyW
  • Applaud 2