Official standing about IC population portrayal - Thoughts?

HeyMambo

1 minute ago, Zani said:

I’d like to remind everyone to keep the discussion civil. It’s better to argue your points academically rather than using foul language.

An attempt is ongoing, but there are some rogue elements that are intentionally being disruptive in the hopes of having the discussion shut down entirely. 

27 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

An attempt is ongoing, but there are some rogue elements that are intentionally being disruptive in the hopes of having the discussion shut down entirely. 

Ah yes, you got us @DasFroggy.  Every illegal RPer replying is actually secretly conspiring together to have this thread shut down because our secret Illegal RP cabal is afraid that this discussion is dangerous. 

People are being uncivil with you because your promotion a horrible idea that's starting to take root on the server. Don't like getting robbed and don't wanna have to take time away from your perfectly planned simulated life to do something logical about it? Get a CCW and shoot those motherfuckers without hesitation. Disregard the fact that it makes zero sense for your character to be carrying a gun because hey, illegal RPers are getting what they deserve.

lLtGuiz.png

Just now, Henning said:

Ah yes, you got us @DasFroggy.  Every illegal RPer replying is actually secretly conspiring together to have this thread shut down because our secret Illegal RP cabal is afraid that this discussion is dangerous. 

Actually, you were one of the people positively contributing. That said, I've been civil and not resorted to claiming one side "being salty" as others have. If you believe there is a conspiracy of some sort, that is entirely your own belief.

1 minute ago, Henning said:

Disregard the fact that it makes zero sense for your character to be carrying a gun

That stopped being the case a while ago. If you want it to make sense for civilian characters to not carry guns, start working towards creating an environment where self defense carry isn't necessary.

6 minutes ago, Henning said:

tbh that was my only intention for the past 12 pages

1 hour ago, Greyfeather said:

Actually, I do have a question.

I hear about IFM. And I hear about LFM.

Does LFM represent the voices of those of us who choose to RP purely civilian characters?

From the original post, it seems that the admin approach was advocated for by IFM. Have civilian RPers had the chance to put their concerns directly to the admins? Do we even have someone doing that on our behalf?

I mean, there's some massive logical inconsistencies in the admins' approach which @DLimit has pointed out. The admins should address this, and should really explain to the entire community why some aspects of RP get a seeming free pass from realism, while other aspects don't.

join IFC, if were welcoming PD members there, well welcome civilian rpers too. be our next guest on the podcast, speak up about CIVILIAN ISSUES

57 minutes ago, Zani said:

I’d like to remind everyone to keep the discussion civil. It’s better to argue your points academically rather than using foul language.

Hey,

17 minutes ago, Henning said:

Any chance we can see less jabs like this? It doesn't really contribute to the discussion.

2 hours ago, Greyfeather said:

Actually, I do have a question.

I hear about IFM. And I hear about LFM.

Does LFM represent the voices of those of us who choose to RP purely civilian characters?

From the original post, it seems that the admin approach was advocated for by IFM. Have civilian RPers had the chance to put their concerns directly to the admins? Do we even have someone doing that on our behalf?

I mean, there's some massive logical inconsistencies in the admins' approach which @DLimit has pointed out. The admins should address this, and should really explain to the entire community why some aspects of RP get a seeming free pass from realism, while other aspects don't.

Like I mentioned earlier, must be nice to have a staff team whose official designation is to make thing easier for them. LFM isn't really there for those who aren't in law enforcement or GOV. Is it any wonder, then, that so many people think the cops vs robbers dynamic is what the server was intended for? 

@DLimit also brings up a good point with regards to looting. It's well established that PD doesn't respond quickly to gunshots, so what's the rush? Isn't this precisely the kind of stupid criminal behavior IFM is trying to make room for?

Like I said before, if that's the standard you want? Don't whine when it doesn't work out in your favor. It wouldn't be very realistic for a single unarmed individual to remain in LS considering the crime rate, now, would it? 

I figure they'll roll it back in a few weeks when they see that, whoops, civilians can use that logic too.

• Bospy locked this topic