Official standing about IC population portrayal - Thoughts?

HeyMambo

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

No phone is 'too cheap'. Burner phones are burner phones, period.

Tried this a couple of times, both ended with my character being hospitalized. 

Funny thing is, on a couple occasions my character did have money, a hospital trip was involved anyway. The lack of money simply increased the likeliness by 100%

In real life a single city doesn't account for the murder rate of an entire country.

I been subjected to few robberies, trying said approach. The result was, kinda bland...I can imagine robbers were even more dissapointed, than hitting a vigilante lick. I had iPhone3. They didn't take it, I had 100$ they didn't take it, I had a single dose of weed, they didn't take it either. They just told me to turn around and they left. I reckon, that majority of cases when a victim gets beaten down like that, stems not from IC frustration, but from OOC dissapointment, cause they didn't get anything. The robbers I met in Vespucci, were solid, they rped properly. One guy keeping guard, the other frisking me. In the end I even told them they forgot to take my things, they said...no we didn't..cheers.

So this is actually a shoutout to them. But the point is...if you get beaten or killed in robbery where you complied, you should report it.

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

So this is actually a shoutout to them. But the point is...if you get beaten or killed in robbery where you complied, you should report it.

Oh, I don't doubt in the slightest that there are good, solid quality criminal roleplayers out there, but they're dwindling in number compared to the rest that are shooting for script-gains as opposed to roleplay quality, and as evident with the most recent staff decision involving location population, they're winning. 

There's not much that can be reported for the beatdown. It's not really breaking the rules. Shootings? ...they keep that as an option only if you resist, but it's one hundred percent guaranteed they'll shoot rather than risk more "unnecessary" roleplay. Can't find a single criminal that'll accept a win that isn't a fast one-line patdown.

Maybe I'm not roleplaying in Davis enough. That's where I tend to find them. Problem is, nobody's selling property there, so I can't have the excuse of needing to be there.

2 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Oh, I don't doubt in the slightest that there are good, solid quality criminal roleplayers out there, but they're dwindling in number compared to the rest that are shooting for script-gains as opposed to roleplay quality, and as evident with the most recent staff decision involving location population, they're winning. 

There's not much that can be reported for the beatdown. It's not really breaking the rules. Shootings? ...they keep that as an option only if you resist, but it's one hundred percent guaranteed they'll shoot rather than risk more "unnecessary" roleplay. Can't find a single criminal that'll accept a win that isn't a fast one-line patdown.

Maybe I'm not roleplaying in Davis enough. That's where I tend to find them. Problem is, nobody's selling property there, so I can't have the excuse of needing to be there.

Ironically the only "bad" robberies I experienced, were away from Vespucci and Davis, infact I was robbed in Davis only twice, both times it was solid. Same goes for Vespucci. What I experienced in other areas or even in Blaine county, was far worse. 

2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Except the criminal activities are beyond realistic at this point. There's actual statistics to show that crime in our city is five times that of the entire country of Colombia.

So it's not about denying that criminal roleplay is happening, I engage in it myself, but the criminal roleplay is currently in no way realistic. Are we here for realism or criminal roleplay?

Los Santos has ten times the LGBT population of the gayest cities in America.

Los Santos has twenty times the street racers.

Los Santos has the highest public defender wages in the world.

Los Santos has a Zimbabwean style economy, and has the worlds harshest housing crisis.

I think we can take some creative liberties when it comes to statistics and instead focus on the quality of crime roleplay.

Just now, Engelbert said:

Ironically the only "bad" robberies I experienced, were away from Vespucci and Davis, infact I was robbed in Davis only twice, both times it was solid. Same goes for Vespucci. What I experienced in other areas or even in Blaine county, was far worse. 

This lends some credibility to a point someone made earlier - what we're experiencing is the low-quality crimegrinders being ousted from organizations and gang territories, so they go somewhere else. Vespucci and Davis are both heavily occupied by generally okay to great quality criminal gangs and organizations that have a decent amount of influence in the area, so crimegrinders can't really go undetected there...

...so they fan out, and start hitting in areas that are a little less contested due to the locations being less populated and further away from the eyes of more established criminal groups.

That may also explain why the criminals we see and talk with here, aren't experiencing the issue as much. It's possible they're operating in what crimegrinders consider "no-go" territories for hunting.

2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

That is the issue, ill admit. when u get robbed in areas where there are some faction, robbery will most likely be portrayed good. those ppl in the county are some freeroam rpers who arent in any faction, doing robberies just to get some guns or drugs from people, ofc, doing it on BF-400, cuz no one can catch them when they drive that shit dirtbike

19 minutes ago, DLimit said:

a group of people that don't see the contradictions in their arguments or line of reasoning.

They also won't answer your questions to them about how far the admin position on location should be expanded, because their arguments can be boiled down to one simple phrase:

"Rules for thee, but not for me."

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Pádraig said:

Los Santos has ten times the LGBT population of the gayest cities in America.

Los Santos has twenty times the street racers.

Los Santos has the highest public defender wages in the world.

Los Santos has a Zimbabwean style economy, and has the worlds harshest housing crisis.

I think we can take some creative liberties when it comes to statistics and instead focus on the quality of crime roleplay.

For sure. We can definitely also take some creative liberties when it comes to self-defense too. 

Actually, I do have a question.

I hear about IFM. And I hear about LFM.

Does LFM represent the voices of those of us who choose to RP purely civilian characters?

From the original post, it seems that the admin approach was advocated for by IFM. Have civilian RPers had the chance to put their concerns directly to the admins? Do we even have someone doing that on our behalf?

I mean, there's some massive logical inconsistencies in the admins' approach which @DLimit has pointed out. The admins should address this, and should really explain to the entire community why some aspects of RP get a seeming free pass from realism, while other aspects don't.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Greyfeather said:

Actually, I do have a question.

I hear about IFM. And I hear about LFM.

Does LFM represent the voices of those of us who choose to RP purely civilian characters?

From the original post, it seems that the admin approach was advocated for by IFM. Have civilian RPers had the chance to put their concerns directly to the admins? Do we even have someone doing that on our behalf?

I mean, there's some massive logical inconsistencies in the admins' approach which @DLimit has pointed out. The admins should address this, and should really explain to the entire community why some aspects of RP get a seeming free pass from realism, while other aspects don't.

wXWmmqj.png

• Bospy locked this topic