Allow furnishing in vehicle interiors

If it is possible, it would be a neat addition being able to give an interior some decorations and a personal touch. Complete custom interiors, I feel it is a two way road - it could be interesting, but also leaves a lot of room for abuse and stuff, Maybe limit the furniture slots to X amount so decorations can be done, but the base interior/size remains the same.

18 hours ago, orca112 said:

If it is possible, it would be a neat addition being able to give an interior some decorations and a personal touch. Complete custom interiors, I feel it is a two way road - it could be interesting, but also leaves a lot of room for abuse and stuff, Maybe limit the furniture slots to X amount so decorations can be done, but the base interior/size remains the same.

Limting furniture slots is stupid, some of us like to detail our interiors. Perhaps the interior should just be approved by an admin before it's put in place.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:12 AM, Phased said:

Honestly the default ones are fine - last thing we need is people customising tug boats to floating penthouses so they can sell them for more money.  

People make a living IRL off of buying boats/vehicles and flipping them with custom interiors and such. So I don't see why it would be non rp or unrealistic to do the same here, as long as it's properly RPed and an actual business instead of some young gangbanger doing it when it doesnt fit the development, easily regulated and reportable if abused. This would bring even more RP to people that like to furnish.

I fully support this suggestion, I RP my character living in an RV, so the ability to personalize the interior would make the immersion and RP around it so much more enjoyable.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

People make a living IRL off of buying boats/vehicles and flipping them with custom interiors and such. So I don't see why it would be non rp or unrealistic to do the same here, as long as it's properly RPed and an actual business instead of some young gangbanger doing it when it doesnt fit the development, easily regulated and reportable if abused.

I fully support this suggestion, I RP my character living in an RV, so the ability to personalize the interior would make the immersion and RP around it so much more enjoyable.

Yeah sure but making 1.5 million penthouses in tugboats is stupid.

10 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Yeah sure but making 1.5 million penthouses in tugboats is stupid.

Like I said, easily regulated and reportable. I'm simply saying that the whole "people ill make cheap boats overly expensive" shouldnt be a reason to deny it for those actually doing it for RP, y'know?

It would be nice if there was a way in which the "interior of the boat / RV" remains constant. So the bare walls, the structure of it can not be edited so you can only change and replace the furniture not the actual walls. That way you keep the general aesthetic but allow a little bit of customization with in the interior for a different SOFA / TV etc. That would allow people to convert the tug boat from an industrial fishing vessel into a passenger boat with rows of seats for example. 

I sadly don't think it's possible to do easily but if it were, it would be nice.