Report publicity

BarbieXL

I don't really know, why people think they are eligibile for something on a PRIVATE server. Be glad that there is staff recruitment. I seen servers where staff was a friends group, what they wanted goes, what they disliked was removed and they never bothered explaining anything. Report section serves as reminder, that there are rules. But why should players see staff reports?

9 minutes ago, Ted said:

I seem to know everything and love changing peoples quotes to put words in their mouths because why the hell not!?

It's not cute. I never once said "players shouldn't engage and voice their opinions" but you are delusional if you believe that just because it's suggested means the staff must implement it. To add, let's compare it to America, then. Where I live, last year we acquired over 500,000 signatures to legalize medical cannabis. To none of our surprise, our governor managed to avoid having it added to the ballot. Who do I cry to about that not being fair? Even in a democracy, just because you and some others want something, doesn't guarantee it'll happen.

Keep dreamin', though.

PS: Hey admins, who wants a smooch since I apparently professed my love for you all?

Edited by MAK0
39 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I don't really know, why people think they are eligibile for something on a PRIVATE server. Be glad that there is staff recruitment. I seen servers where staff was a friends group, what they wanted goes, what they disliked was removed and they never bothered explaining anything. Report section serves as reminder, that there are rules. But why should players see staff reports?

In regards to staff reports where a player is attempting to overturn a decision: it allows the players to see how those things are handled and will lead to a higher standard of review as well as provide a better Avenue for players to organize against staff that are not doing well, and will lead to less misinformation. 

1 hour ago, MAK0 said:

Frrrrrraaaaaaahrp-brap-brap-brap frrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnneeeeeertbrap-brap

Really? Fart noises? Immature dude. 

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

Do you realize that people are only talking about making RPQM reports public because so it seems right now that RPQM doesnt exactly do their job right and consider some really bad roleplay as something up to standards. There just has to be more transparency here.

4 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Do you realize that people are only talking about making RPQM reports public because so it seems right now that RPQM doesnt exactly do their job right and consider some really bad roleplay as something up to standards. There just has to be more transparency here.

Hmm shouldn't like be RPQM part of standard reports? 

18 hours ago, nateX said:

I'll say it again, not even going to be considered. The amount of sensitive information some of these contain will lead to nothing but harassment and public shaming which unfortunately already happens enough. It is beyond me why people would ever want staff reports and RPQM cases to be public, its stupid.

30 minutes ago, knppel said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi

Everyone who argues in favour of anonymous denouncation systems to make things better is invited to read up on these two articles for evidence as to why that is not actually working out.

This. On top of all my reasonings I've previously provided I think this is a great example of why some transparency is required, especially with the RPQM reports since technically there are no /fixed/ roleplay standards and every admin has the discretion to punish somebody for poor roleplay (based on their subjective opinion) according to rule 0.

• Applaud 1
On 7/3/2021 at 2:00 PM, i dont wanna od in LA said:

This. On top of all my reasonings I've previously provided I think this is a great example of why some transparency is required, especially with the RPQM reports since technically there are no /fixed/ roleplay standards and every admin has the discretion to punish somebody for poor roleplay (based on their subjective opinion) according to rule 0.

At the very least allow just the reported party to see the report so they have a chance to defend themselves, you can hardly go off logs and spectating alone. Some things can be taken out of context and a lot of things could potentially be explained away by the type of character, background and development they went through. Things you can hardly tell if you're not the person who created the character. Unless you force every new character that is created to come up with an application like LS:RP's where they have to write down what the character is about. Only then can you properly see if the things that the logs/spectating reflects actually line up with how the character was accepted in the first place and therefore certain actions that looked silly before, suddenly make sense.

Now I'm not a fan of that system, not at all. It'll just put more and more workload on admins. Therefore allow the player to see the report and debunk some of the claims or at the very least explain the actions of the character. Doesn't have to be public, just the reported party. And this can also be done after the report has been up for a while to give the admins some time to collect "evidence" and ask the player the right questions in said report so they can elaborate. This way it's not a one sided thing and you have less of a risk to punish a player for something that wasn't intentional or required more explanation to understand. Not everyone wants to roleplay a cookie-cutter character on the server, and some are just too complicated to fully understand without proper context. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic