Thoughts on police response times?

Yoshijira

I think we should up or response times, I'm being shot at by 14 year old child soldiers on a weekly basis, sometimes it was as bad as being daily. 

I can wholeheartedly say a lot of PD avoids patrolling in South Central - why you might ask? It is solely because nobody wants to real with leadless scenes that tend you to stand around waiting for a coroner van to arrive whilst a bunch of gang members yell profanities at you and all you can do is stand around as any conversation you try to pick up ends up with you being cussed out. 

Me myself? I like patrolling South Central, I like issues, trouble and /b chat and at least once a week, I manage to find someone who I really enjoy roleplaying with and have a genuinely good experience - and that is in South Central.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, knppel said:

Dear Sir,

My name is Ronald Earl Johnson III., I'm a hard working long term voter of your party, but I gotta say: Can you maybe not do something against the ridiculously fast police response times in our ghetto? It's basically impossible to run as much as a block as soon as one of the people I rob or sell drugs to calls the cops on me!

Sincerely yours-

I mean, it'd be very gta

Meant more to spin it along the lines of protesting police militarisation, which is something that people do IRL. People don't protest quick response times, they protest having the police becoming more militarized in their way of acting and the tools deployed. 

All I'm saying it's an IC option, people get to complain about whatever they feel like IC, ridiculous as it may be!

13 minutes ago, Koko said:

Meant more to spin it along the lines of protesting police militarisation, which is something that people do IRL. People don't protest quick response times, they protest having the police becoming more militarized in their way of acting and the tools deployed. 

All I'm saying it's an IC option, people get to complain about whatever they feel like IC, ridiculous as it may be!

Well, in real life the lobbyism allows sort of "low-key corruption", giving money for funding campaings and supporting politicians, so they will give in return some favors to these groups. Like for example, one law or another thing than may benefit or affect other groups except themselves.

Its a wide-common tactic used by politicians on USA, this is a corruption of the Lobbyism system on United States. I always thought than the IC response of the police is more a IC issue than can be addressed by certain illegal groups(which is also a consequence of the illegal rpers actions)  than a OOC issue.

17 hours ago, Yoshijira said:

As of right now, it simply feels ridiculous and straight up unrealistic, at least from the perspective of a South Central Gang RP'er, as to how quick PD responds. Go ahead and fire off a firearm within the heart of Davis, Rancho, Chamberlain or Vespucci. You'll almost certainly have seven cruisers, one helicopter and a dozen more units within five to ten seconds flat. And this isn't hyperbole, its legitimate personal experience. The average IRL Los Angeles South Central police response times range from a solid "8-30" minutes for reported violent crimes. While there are server and map limitations, yes, the absolute contrast between less than second seconds in game and more than ten minutes in real life is just unimmersive.

However, an almost opposite thing occurs to higher upper class areas. Places such as Mirror Park, Rockford Hills and so forth will seldom EVER have police respond at the same rate that cops patrolling in South Central do. The fact that it is somehow easier and legally safer for an illegal RP'er to commit crimes in middle to upper class areas than South Central is something that in my opinion should be addressed.

Yea', I've seen the complete opposite takes them about 15 minutes or so to arrive..

There is no way to solve this, other than extend the map. As someone has said forcing someone to patrol in the mountains, is not ideal. You'd be punishing law enforcement role-players from actually role-playing. 

A reason as to why you don't see a vast majority of officers up in Vinewood or Richman for example is because there's nothing there. You'll rarely find someone role-playing there, apart a few people racing or clubs opening. That's because majority of the players are down in South Central and we all know that patrolling in an empty part of the city without seeing a few people is just boring and exhausting.

Some things just can't be compared to real life. The main point is that there's still some sort of balance in order for neither party (legal, illegal) to have a major advantage over the other on an average basis.

Yes, the response times are extremely low in some cases. That's mostly due to the size of the map and the number of LEOs in the area. If someone's at the Davis LTD and they get a call or hear shots from Forum Drive, they'll be there in ten seconds. There really isn't any way to combat this, you can't tell people to 'wait X minutes and then respond'.

The flip side is that you, as a criminal, have a much higher chance of getting away. Imagine shooting up a store in real life. Police will take more to respond, but there will be shell casings, complex records, CCTV footage, tons of witnesses and police vehicles (and units too) to both describe and identify you. There's detectives who work around the clock and have sophisticated systems and years of experience behind their belt. The chance of a low-effort shooting or robbery to end with the person walking off and having no connection to the crime is dangerously close to zero, whereas it's very possible for that to happen GTA World.

It's not important to focus on the details themselves as much as it is important to focus on having a balance and equal chances for both parties to win and lose the situations they're involved in.

It's quite ridiculous to consider putting OOC limitations on people's gameplay. Cops go to Davis because Davis needs patrol. If we are actually gonna limit the jurisdiction of police officers OOC'ly, the there should be a limitation on how many bullets a player can shoot in a day before they are automatically punished for deathmatching because it is simply unrealistic to have someone in real life waving a gun around everyday and shoot at people just because they are a criminal.

• Wuhtah locked this topic