What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

1 minute ago, TomRom97 said:

This is a result of how fucked up the drug market is. Obviously the people that have done this may not be the best rp'ers, but it goes to show how desparate people are getting to moving their product. Selling drugs, and especially for young gang members isn't profitable, and some may find it difficult. It makes sense that some people are approaching you like this when nobody actually buys drugs. There's like three people on the server who rp junkies, and systematically buy drugs, and whenever I see them it looks like the second coming of jesus, who is there to get rid of my drugs. 

Oh 100%. The amount in circulation over what's being used is astronomical and it does affect things. I'm not comfortable playing out such a heavy addiction but my character does enjoy a joint now and then which is FAR easier to move. That being said, my problem is the disconnect. I don't threaten to call the cops, or get aggressive it's just a case of "Hey buddy...not the best time." And I'm being hit with "Snitches get stitches cos." Like shit if one of them dropped a way to buy something out of the way, no where on a Gov site where you could hear a pin fart over CCTV, I'd probably buy. But no, I tell them that and they do a "/me reaches for their waistband".

I don't blame them for the shitty drug economy and how difficult it is to move stuff. I don't blame them for taking pretty dangerous deals because they have too. But I can't bend over backwards any further for trying to make a deal more realistic so they'd actually sell stuff. 

1 minute ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Everyone (meeting the age / criteria reqs), should be able to buy and own a PF license until they've an IC criminal record that excludes them from owning a weapon.

And that's the way how I'll supply my own faction with legal guns because they have a guy who scratches the serial numbers. Because I don't have record. It can be abused, easily. Raise the limit, one gun a month sucks. 

I can understand the OOC reasoning behind it because the sale of most legal guns is an ooc procedure and it's done to limit what is in circulation at the time. Once you have the license it's fairly automated as you can just drop into an unopened gunstore and poof a new weapon into existence economy wise. That said I would like to see more allowance on people setting up filing and serialisation scams. It's a pretty in-depth process to blank certain weapons such as re machining barrels because striation marks (the rifling on a barrel marking the bullets) can be ICly (not OOCly) used in matching bullets to factory batches of weapons. I don't know if should be tied to a supplier exactly, but with monitored and logged RP, an ooc permit along the same lines to actually ghost PF weapons could alleviate some issues. But the problem is that it's slippery slope for making them way too common place. 

Artificial restrictions, whether it's house prices, limits on guns you can buy or sell, are all economic issues that contribute to the whole issue that is a broken economy and in turn, a huge problem for criminal RP.

The US is a capitalist society, it's economy should, except in some very limited circumstances be entirely run on supply & demand. 

My new char, should need a 100k loan to buy a few weeks rent and a starting car - who in RL actually buys a car without financing? If I don't got a good job, then I've got to get my loan from other sources - shady ones & in turn, that creates an entire theme of criminal involvement for even a player intending to be completely straight.

These hard limits don't help RP and realism, they hinder it. The economy should be fixed, money should be a real factor on what you can and can't afford and crime given an actual purpose and incentive to both perform or avoid with realistic consequences for those eventually caught and convicted.

36 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Everyone (meeting the age / criteria reqs), should be able to buy and own a PF license until they've an IC criminal record that excludes them from owning a weapon.

That is a fundamental constitutional right of being a US Citizen.

Yeah.. Just because it's a constitutional right doesn't mean the government doesn't infringe on it, and charge to have access to a constitutional right, it seems to be a common reoccurring thing happening within the US at the moment, and multiple states have where you have to buy/earn/bribe your way to a firearms license to own firearms.

38 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

And that's the way how I'll supply my own faction with legal guns because they have a guy who scratches the serial numbers. Because I don't have record. It can be abused, easily. Raise the limit, one gun a month sucks. 

And this is why there's a limit.

Though this act is not against the rules (Unless you're part of a street gang, in which case you can't have a PF), raising the monthly limit even a little would flood both legal and illegal markets with pistols a lot more. 

I honestly don't know how difficult it is to get ahold of an illegal pistol (Because I haven't RPed illegal on this server), but with the right contacts I don't believe you'll have a hard time at all, considering how many people shot their gun at me in a traffic stop only to be PKed 10/10 times and lose the gun anyway.

The current limit (2?) is fine in my eyes. Could push it to 3, but it's not required to be at 3. Unless you get robbed a lot or use the guns for illegal reasons, buying two guns (1 pistol, 1 shotgun) can set you for an indefinite amount of time. I still have the gun that I bought months ago on both my characters and have never been robbed.

41 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

That is a fundamental constitutional right of being a US Citizen.

You... Literally described the current process? If you meet the criteria & are old enough, you can buy a PF license..?

The only further limitations in place are:
40 hours on the character;

Not be part of a gang.

Which are both OOC? I'd hardly say that OOC limitations violate your "Fundamental, constitutional rights" or simply & more reasonably said 2nd amendment rights.

I believe we're quite lax on firearm laws & OOC rules.

1 minute ago, BjornV said:

The current limit (2?) is fine in my eyes. Could push it to 3, but it's not required to be at 3. Unless you get robbed a lot or use the guns for illegal reasons, buying two guns (1 pistol, 1 shotgun) can set you for an indefinite amount of time. I still have the gun that I bought months ago on both my characters and have never been robbed.

That's the issue, limit is 2 only on a first buy, every other buy is 1. Raising it to 2 on every other buy? Super cool.

• Wuhtah locked this topic