[Guide] Extortion

SiMo

36 minutes ago, Briutas said:

Maybe they should implement FBI

No. Just no.

1 hour ago, AngelThreeTails said:

So moving on from this since NATE locked it. Im going to put it simply. No its not just an IC issue its a straight up OOC issue. Don't say its IC when you literally have people going door to door to extort businesses and ruin rp for other people.

1) I think you're missing the point. It's an IC LAW, therfore it should changed ICly, not OOCly. An OOC issue is when admins make the decision, which is not the case here.

2) If people behave unrealistically - report them, simple. There's no point ranting about it on the forums because nothing will change if you don't report them.

5 minutes ago, nateX said:

No. Just no.

1) I think you're missing the point. It's an IC LAW, therfore it should changed ICly, not OOCly. An OOC issue is when admins make the decision, which is not the case here.

2) If people behave unrealistically - report them, simple. There's no point ranting about it on the forums because nothing will change if you don't report them.

You all should refer to this. 

1 minute ago, nateX said:

No. Just no.

So the problem is. Admins still don't do shit "Oh you reported these guys for bad rp? Lets do a minor investigation and admin jail em for a few hours at most." It does FUCK all for them, oh yeah a mark on record and a stern warning for maybe half an hour to an hour in admin jail. People dont do shit usually and just sit around watching youtube. And what's it matter that people want FIB? It provides a dedicated criminal investigation faction. What? are most of the admins are scared they'll do too good of a job? and basically ruin criminal rp? Let em. Fucking the criminals need to play smart, instead of having a pissing contest of who can report eachother first during something that goes SLIGHTLY wrong.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, nateX said:

No. Just no.

I feel like FIB would be dope RP and also introduce element of fear for criminal organisations. Because RN you can have as many CCTVS as you want, security and there is no legal way to get out of extortion, like creator of this thread refers to CK if you don't pay the criminals. So because someone else decided to abuse your business, you are now at risk of CK, but the other group is at risk of 2 days in jail or 30min admin jail LOL.

6 hours ago, nateX said:

Let me clarify. 

You will not be CKed just by refusing extortion, there's much more to it, so please get that stupid stereotype out of your head. 

Second of all, it's up to law enforcement to investigate extortion, but right now it's useless because cases take weeks to investigate and only grant a 2 day sentence or so. Hopefully, soon we'll get tougher laws that will grant longer sentences to make the time taken to investigate all of this worth it. 

So you’re saying that if I continue to refuse extortion attempts within the bounds of a purely legal character, that I would never be CK’d? Let’s say I never get violent with the extorters. They beat me up. Burn down my business. I rebuild. I continue to say no on principal. You’re telling me they eventually can’t make a case to get me CK’d? All the hours I spent building a character all for it to be destroyed by some 90’s era mob who thinks the “you’re on my turf, pay or die” role play is cool?

So hypothetically, as a legal RP’er I’ve now been subject to WEEKS of harassment to which I have no legal recourse. Daily visits every time I log on. Threats. Violence. To where eventually it’s either pay the tax or you’re shit out of luck? My character wouldn’t seek out more illegal help to deal with the problem. It makes no sense. If by some sheer chance I get lucky with the cops, they go to jail for a few days? All to be out and doing it again and then CK me for snitching? @Briutas went in-depth on the lengths he went through IC to deal with the problem. Cops. Security. Going to the county representatives. The mayor. NOTHING worked. It eventually just got to the point to where the motivation to play on that character was gone. Does this sound like a healthy RP environment? Eventually this will KILL legal RP because why bother?

It’s not an IC problem anymore. We as legal RP’ers have no defense unless we seek out more illegal help and potentially risk being CK’d over that or call the cops, which at this point is useless.   Does this seem like an enjoyable RP environment? Something needs to be changed OOC’ly on a fundamental level. The shit portrayal of extortion on this server sucks. It needs to flat out be clarified on an OOC level through the rules until this “walk in, demand a tax on a random business and threaten them to no end until they give up” kind of extortion is finally eradicated from the server. It creates roleplay for no one and only serves to stroke the ego of the extorter who obviously is only in it for the cash grab and nothing else. The vague common courtesy rule isn’t working. Common sense is out the window. This needs to have some sort of official clarification in the rules on how this should go. It’s become a big enough issue as evidenced by the two multi-page extortion threads. 

Edited by Cypher
54 minutes ago, nateX said:

No. Just no.

If a guide suggesting criminals to walk up like Julius fucking Cesar demanding tribute isn't an ooc issue I don't know what is. We all know extortion is something hard to prove as people can deny CCTV rp ect. W. The current rules. And yes I am an illegal rper and right now this is the equivalent to the mechanic job. A cash grind with subpar rp.

Instead of saying its an ic issue come up with some guidelines, that are to be followed by these people. 

5 minutes ago, Cypher said:

that or call the cops, which at this point is useless.

If everyone thinks so and nobody ends up going to the police anymore then why would the police change anything? They would think that everything is fine since they don't get any extortion reports in anymore. You should honestly report it to them anyways since it's probably what you would do IRL and I think as long as you portray and roleplay it realisticly you pretty much won't be CK'ed.

Just now, Chipsdose said:

If everyone thinks so and nobody ends up going to the police anymore then why would the police change anything? They would think that everything is fine since they don't get any extortion reports in anymore. You should honestly report it to them anyways since it's probably what you would do IRL and I think as long as you portray and roleplay it realisticly you pretty much won't be CK'ed.

Thats so fucking wrong. With the current jail and laws. the criminals will be out within the week. Or their faction will CK app you and 9 times out of 10 a CK app for extortion rp is accepted.

• Jax locked this topic