[Guide] Extortion

SiMo

1 minute ago, Mahiko said:

You bring up some good points, seeing how long faction forum work takes. It's not really a task for a 'business' owner to fill out paperwork because people can't RP when they're in an approved faction. It would be much easier to have the handler hotline, and then the handler could direct them to a faction report if it seemingly isn't an issue in their eyes. Overall, we've got rules on weird things. ERP, How much you can rob? How much you can scam? I don't see why there shouldn't be a limitation to these people providing poor RP. Perhaps making them have second thoughts on ruining someones hard work (It isn't easy starting a quality business.) Just because they watched the latest mob movie where they walk in and lynch every business to extort them.

Yeah, I'm not saying we don't have bad apples. But I'd rather see the idiots your describing locked up for a serious amount of time through changes to jail sentencing and a functioning RICO. They'll go in thinking it's easy money with no risk and quickly will end up behind bars. The added benefit right now is, it's obvious peoples IC fears are being fueled by their OOC knowledge. But if these changes were made IC, everyone currently effected by extortion will be able RP experiencing crime getting better. It can be an IC shift in the servers tone and we all walk away winners. Your idea for contacting faction handlers is interesting and I do agree that there should be someone in IFM you can go to regarding specific factions. Truth is, that system doesn't work the same way it does in LFM. There aren't exactly "faction handlers" who over see specific illegal factions. Issues seem to go to which ever member of IFM member feels like taking it.

1 minute ago, Henning said:

Yeah, I'm not saying we don't have bad apples. But I'd rather see the idiots your describing locked up for a serious amount of time through changes to jail sentencing and a functioning RICO. They'll go in thinking it's easy money with no risk and quickly will end up behind bars. The added benefit right now is, it's obvious peoples IC fears are being fueled by their OOC knowledge. But if these changes were made IC, everyone currently effected by extortion will be able RP experiencing crime getting better. It can be an IC shift in the servers tone and we all walk away winners. Your idea for contacting faction handlers is interesting and I do agree that there should be someone in IFM you can go to regarding specific factions. Truth is, that system doesn't work the same way it does in LFM. There aren't exactly "faction handlers" who over see specific illegal factions. Issues seem to go to which ever member of IFM member feels like taking it.

Oh, little do I know about that. Last I ran a faction was in 2017 and we were issued handlers back then! But I agree, the IC punishment just not level to the crime. And I agree an IC way to handle this would be prefered. However, it's harder to catch as people have jobs, and real lives. And not everyone is a cop that likes to do investigating, In real life there's people with full-time jobs doing this, while here? Maybe a few hours a day. So I'd love to see some sort of OOC guidelines allowing to adjust this to a realistic level for our little community.

We can bicker and talk, but this extortion posts have been here since 2019. And nobody does shit about them. Admins call it an IC issue, idk why tbh, maybe because some of them have Illegal Faction characters, so their factions can get money from it. Idk what it is, but nobody does nothing about it. They just close the post and say - IC issue, IC issue. Yet, they just do not seem to understand, that this game should portray year 2021 IG, not 1920-30. And this here is the reason why it is an OOC issue.

3 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

We can bicker and talk, but this extortion posts have been here since 2019. And nobody does shit about them. Admins call it an IC issue, idk why tbh, maybe because some of them have Illegal Faction characters, so their factions can get money from it. Idk what it is, but nobody does nothing about it. They just close the post and say - IC issue, IC issue. Yet, they just do not seem to understand, that this game should portray year 2021 IG, not 1920-30. And this here is the reason why it is an OOC issue.

Yeah and i guess thats why people keep leaving. Legal character players just give up and stop caring because there's just no point anymore. 

21 minutes ago, Henning said:

And some idiot is locked up - five of the same group crawl out, to kidnap and CK you. And this is for sure a CK approval, if you got someone from them behind bars. I even remember the Vinewood liquoer guy, who did that, went to cops and then his name came out in the court documents and he got CK´d. He fought against it, but lost. Admin said "Your name was in the court document so CK stands".

Edited by Tsarna
30 minutes ago, Henning said:

I completely agree with you. Please know the OOC guidelines I'm advocating for are strictly a firm clarification about the lazy and poor portrayal that more often than not muddies the waters with this issue. I'm not asking for additional protections, only that the common sense you and I know to be outwardly clarified. The fact that the guide was written and people actually agreed with the guide says that this isn't so common sense. Admins can talk about it in discussion posts until they are blue in the face about the "This is Tony Spaghetti. You pay me protection because you're on our turf or we burn your business down" being unrealistic, but it's not an official stance here in discussion. It needs to be 100% clarified by LFM, IFM and MANAGEMENT through official channels (rules, announcements, discord announcements, in-game announcements) that this kind of RP is unrealistic and should be reported, along with the stance on CK's with legal business RP'ers. Same reason rules are clarified about death matching, power gaming and so on. Some things must be clarified and the point we're at on this server with extortion, this subject needs to be addressed specifically in combination with the IC channels you've touched on.

Edited by Cypher
  • 2 weeks later...

To everyone crying in here and the report that got made on this topic.

Just pay the miniscule amount of cash from your gigantic bank account and get on with your life so everyone's happy. Does getting extorted by a powerful crime organization hurt your ego or some shit.

I'm sure that you can afford to pay 5k a week out of your business that rakes in around 100k per week from government bonuses alone.

And don't hit me with the 'poor rp' crap, just because someone takes a more direct approach to extorting you it doesn't automatically make them a shit rper, they aren't the one driving around in a supercar when they have literally zero involvement in criminal organizations or any other type of highly profitable business ICly other than a bar.

c0e63a1a1d49cd661343ea92d25d39ed.png

^ yeah or just pay??? the whole point of extortion is to extort you out of money, there isn't much you can do to get out of it and calling the cops on someone should rightfully get you a CK. 

rant over

Edited by Corey_
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Corey_ said:

To everyone crying in here and the report that got made on this topic.

Just pay the miniscule amount of cash from your gigantic bank account and get on with your life so everyone's happy. Does getting extorted by a powerful crime organization hurt your ego or some shit.

I'm sure that you can afford to pay 5k a week out of your business that rakes in around 100k per week from government bonuses alone.

And don't hit me with the 'poor rp' crap, just because someone takes a more direct approach to extorting you it doesn't automatically make them a shit rper, they aren't the one driving around in a supercar when they have literally zero involvement in criminal organizations or any other type of highly profitable business ICly other than a bar.

I do agree some people need to ride it out IC most of the time but Jesus, way to hot-breath-bias the entire argument.

People's complaints aren't extortion as an idea but extortion and it's OOC motivations for quick cash and ignorant RP, something you've reinforced by leaning heavily on the whole "everyone's happy" if extortionists are getting their cash - that's all that matters at the end of the day, right? 

Not all business owners are rich, not all businesses are bars - generalizing and stereotyping RP in defense of generalizing and stereotyping RP normally doesn't end in anything other then pissing matches because both sides are being ignorant which normally stems as a pride thing. "Does getting extorted by a powerful crime organization hurt your ego or some shit."

37 minutes ago, Corey_ said:

rant over

https://myspace.com/

tenor.gif?itemid=7771550

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 2
  • Jax locked this topic