Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

I am afraid this is not just Blaine county, but even in the city. The main issue I see here, are people treating GTA World rp as looter/shooter game.

Even during shootouts, looting the fallen is unlikely to happen. People here are mixing OOC knowledge of how many active cops are out there and how many players are online with IC events like beefing with someone etc etc. And yes many of ye will say that my statement isn't true, but we all know that it is. 

Prime example of why taking it IC doesn't work happened yesterday. We had a house alarm go off in Mirror Park, got there in time to stop the guy and everything. It was a character with fewer than 2 hours on it. We spent nearly an hour in and of itself handling the arrest, report writing, TTCF procedure, etc. The moment he was /arrestcounty'd he just namechanged and got right back out of jail, only to do the same thing a few hours later. It cannot be stopped if that's what the cycle is.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Sush said:

Prime example of why taking it IC doesn't work happened yesterday. We had a house alarm go off in Mirror Park, got there in time to stop the guy and everything. It was a character with fewer than 2 hours on it. We spent nearly an hour in and of itself handling the arrest, report writing, TTCF procedure, etc. The moment he was /arrestcounty'd he just namechanged and got right back out of jail, only to do the same thing a few hours later. It cannot be stopped if that's what the cycle is.

He should be perma'd???

Just now, cracked said:

He should be perma'd???

It's a tough one because as annoying as it is, that isn't against the rules. I have no idea what a long term solution would be anymore but every one of these robbery threads always points to some sort of ooc restriction as a conclusion. (Requiring X amount of hours on your account for robberies, more specific robbery rules, etc) end of the day though I don't know what the long term solution is

7 hours ago, Ted said:

Your portrayal of rural Americans is unrealistic to the area in question, and quite frankly, offensive. There aren't "Country Boys" around the Salton Sea. To measure my country dick for a second: I've shot tanerite. I've bucked bails. I've gone mudding, hunting, and so forth. I live in a town of less than 5,000 people. Your portrayal of "the country" isn't monolithic, and the Salton Sea certainly isn't the country. "Trespassers will be shot" tends to apply to ranches and farms, not the front yard of a mobile home.

Let's also be clear, your faction was shut down because of serial inactivity. The reason you weren't "caught lacking" was because you weren't on to get caught.

Most people roleplay Blaine as the most rural part of the United States... as to each their own. It's obviously not a 1:1, because, it's still portrayed "closely" to California. If you are out getting robbed and roleplaying a "small town" culture such as Sandy/Grape, you'd arm up, as a small town should, which is what I was explaining. Grape is kinda like a rural/ranch area. No one's going to go up onto a ranch out in the country and try to rob them... they're going to get shot. People out here protect themselves, that's just the way it is. Plus, it's GTA. You'd adapt. Stop getting robbed, it's honestly quite simple. And I've roleplayed since 2009... ran the most successful gangs, and most active on other servers. I've never, ever, been robbed or kidnapped. It's not that hard to have some self-awareness.

Edited by AceS|
7 hours ago, AceS| said:

Most people roleplay Blaine as the most rural part of the United States... as to each their own. It's obviously not a 1:1, because, it's still portrayed "closely" to California. If you are out getting robbed and roleplaying a "small town" culture such as Sandy/Grape, you'd arm up, as a small town should, which is what I was explaining. [...] Stop getting robbed, it's honestly quite simple. And I've roleplayed since 2009... ran the most successful gangs, and most active on other servers. I've never, ever, been robbed or kidnapped. It's not that hard to have some self-awareness.

"Just stop getting robbed" is really not an appropriate answer. What's at issue is that the sheer volume of violent crime on the server far outstrips anything remotely reasonable for any given area - let alone a city in the United States.

But let's forget U.S. cities for a moment - when you control for population, the crime statistics of Los Santos assumed under even the most excruciatingly forgiving conditions far outstrip any place on Earth.

If we assume there's one murder per day (we know there are more from the CK announcements, but let's be generous, here) for the entire year, and we also assume the server has a population of 100,000 (it doesn't, but let's assume so for the sake of argument) then we come away with a murder rate of 365 per 100,000 per year. By contrast, Venezuela has 60 murders per 100,000 per year. The conclusion is a little startling.

Los Santos has, at a minimum, six times the murder rate of Venezuela.

That's nowhere near acceptable - and indicative of an incentive mismatch set up by the way the server handles these things.

• Wuhtah locked this topic