Put some clothes on.

Daquan Kingston

Some people don't know about the existence of the command or don't check it frequently, they could put the weather or at least the temperatures here:

image.png.48167f15e254d2cbd7ce82284ab02355.png

We must also take into account the character of the other person, some people have different thermoreceptors than others and don't have the same sensitivity to temperatures.

1 hour ago, Jennie said:

We must also take into account the character of the other person, some people have different thermoreceptors than others and don't have the same sensitivity to temperatures.

This. We all have that (usually male) friend who feels the constant need to tell you how 'it's not really that cold hahaha', or the female friend who insists on wearing a skirt in December. If your character's vanity or ego makes them want to stand in the cold, just let them. My character was born in the Caribbean and he often is freezing out here in Los Santos, and many can attest to me RPing it, even when he's underdressed because by the same rule that people from warm climates are not used to the cold, they're also just used to expecting to be out in a T-shirt in winter.

2 hours ago, Jennie said:

Problem is everyone wants to be that person so they can avoid getting called out

23 minutes ago, Sim said:

Problem is everyone wants to be that person so they can avoid getting called out

This is an inevitable problem in RP, imho. People want to RP things that are more unusual (but that certainly happen) IRL. 20% of Americans IRL are bilingual but in GTAW a bunch of people speak 2 or 3 languages flawlessly. As someone who is multilingual IRL, I could give that knowledge to my characters and have them speak in the languages I am actually fluent in IRL and many would still say it's bad portrayal.

It's the old issue of "it's not special if everyone does it" but at the end of the day you can only (mostly) control the RP you choose for your character.

22 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

And stop powergaming the /weather effects. Nobody hangs shirtless all day and night when it's 3 to 10 degrees IRL. It's making the server look so bad.

I've had faction members tell me that admins have told them that they don't care what the temp is - As long as it's not pouring buckets or snowing sideways. Le shrug.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

They should be reminded that this is not just playing but getting into a role - thus making it role playing. Imagine forgetting your character is a man or a woman.

I don't think that would happen. You can see your character whereas you can't exactly see the cold/heat.