Remove the injured/died part of downed character message. [G]

Seaward

Short description: Remove the "Has been injured" and "Has died" portion of the downed player message. Leave it at "((/damages [ID] to view injuries.))".

Detailed description: In almost every shooting video I see, the shooter downs a character or group of characters, then proceeds to run around and finish each one off, often quite clearly looking at whether it says "injured" or "died" above each body which is not particularly realistic. If we remove the "Has been injured" and "Has died" portion of the downed message and leave it to "((/damages [ID] to view injuries.))" it may help to reduce the amount of finishing off that goes on. Of course many people will still just shoot the downed bodies but it will at least help reduce the MG at a glance that the current message can be used for. 
Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: Ideally less PK's and more fear of repercussion after an attack rather than knowing via the down message that everyone has to PK and will not be able to react in the future. 

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 9

I'm not really a huge fan of this idea and here's why.

Irl, you have way more control over your actions than you do here. In a brawl IRL, you can choose not to step over the downed dude's head and instead attack someone else. In the game, you're literally spamming left click, whoever dies dies.

Another aspect of this is, let's suppose you want to kill someone, right? So you unload an entire clip on them. Realistically, you eat 10 bullets anywhere, you're pretty much dead. Well here, maybe some bullets go desynced, maybe the dude had a bit more hp than you anticipated, maybe you hit him on your screen 10 times but on his it was 3... You get it. We need to have a way to confirm someone is dead.

I'd support this suggestion if it were accompanied by a 

/checkpulse command to confirm whether someone is alive or not.

56 minutes ago, TritonXVII said:

I'm not really a huge fan of this idea and here's why.

Irl, you have way more control over your actions than you do here. In a brawl IRL, you can choose not to step over the downed dude's head and instead attack someone else. In the game, you're literally spamming left click, whoever dies dies.

Another aspect of this is, let's suppose you want to kill someone, right? So you unload an entire clip on them. Realistically, you eat 10 bullets anywhere, you're pretty much dead. Well here, maybe some bullets go desynced, maybe the dude had a bit more hp than you anticipated, maybe you hit him on your screen 10 times but on his it was 3... You get it. We need to have a way to confirm someone is dead.

I'd support this suggestion if it were accompanied by a 

/checkpulse command to confirm whether someone is alive or not.

The /damages command would still be there. If you have the time to confirm their death instead of immediately running, shoot them in the head and confirm it's synced with /damages. If you don't have the time to check then you'll just have to hope, which is realistic.

• MomoIsHere changed the title to Remove the injured/died part of downed character message. [G]
  • MomoIsHere locked this topic