Third House Tax - Thoughts?

Le Englishman

I don't think you can expect being a landlord to make financial sense in an OOC way.  From the same OOC perspective, why would I pay $5k a week in rent when I can just buy a multi-interior apartment for ~$80-150k? (Which everybody OOC has due to starter money).

I think you should instead look at being a landlord in an IC way.  Kind of forget about that number in the top right and do it for the RP.  Money comes easy anyway, so even if you make a loss charging somebody $1k a week, who cares?  You might get some good RP out of it 🙂

Just now, Timzii said:

Not everyone deems multi-complex apartments desirable, check how many standalone properties are up for grabs.

Not everyone has to have a standalone property though, people should stop being selfish imo. I rped in an apartment for close to 7-8 months before i even considered buying anything standalone and i did perfectly fine, if people were less picky about shit, more people would have their own property, then maybe the admins would add paleto / vinewood hills houses.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Timzii said:

Not everyone deems multi-complex apartments desirable, check how many standalone properties are up for grabs.

That's the thing, it's not about not finding anything for sell, it's about "uhhh the re-sell value will be bad and I won't be able to flip it for 3x MP, so I'm not gonna buy it".

If people really want a place to live there's plenty of them, they're at fault for being picky about it and wanting the best standalone apartment/house only.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Ears Up said:

Not everyone has to have a standalone property though, people should stop being selfish imo. I rped in an apartment for close to 7-8 months before i even considered buying anything standalone and i did perfectly fine, if people were less picky about shit, more people would have their own property, then maybe the admins would add paleto / vinewood hills houses.

I completely agree with what you've said, my character lives in a complex herself. I'm just speaking in general, for people who hunt properties down from the map.gta.world and then complain about tax when they can't buy their third house as it's not affordable anymore. That's literally my whole point here.

6 minutes ago, Timzii said:

I completely agree with what you've said, my character lives in a complex herself. I'm just speaking in general, for people who hunt properties down from the map.gta.world and then complain about tax when they can't buy their third house as it's not affordable anymore. That's literally my whole point here.

ahh then i agree w/ u 100% man, thats definitely a problem and needs to be fixed.

1 hour ago, Whatwasit said:

Third house tax? How about we just change the limit to one house per person?

No wonder we have a shortage of available houses if most are taken by taco selling journalist real estate tycoons. 

I have 3 chars that I RP on and each one I found a house instantly, there are many houses for sale right now, check the UCP.

If that was a dig at my RP i suggest you refrain from doing so as what you have described there is three different chars, not 1 guy who sells tacos and reports and is a landlord. Abit of a snake comment if im honest.

Also, everyone is missing the point im making! I AM AGAINST HORDING! listen and watch what I am typing here,

Landlords are still hording because they cannot afford to sell and let go of properties, the tax forces them to charge triple rent and hold on to properties for minimum a year to make returns and break even, it is a system that is having an opposite effect! 

Please dont think im here to buy more properties, yes it would be nice if the tax was lower so I could buy my last property in my 5x allowance but I am here to highlight a flaw in a system that is intended to help but it isn't.  please read carefully what im saying because your missing the point.

Edited by $dollar$
1 hour ago, Chuck Lee said:

Some sort of communist mentality, where everyone should own the same, it's not helpful tho... That would harm the server more than it would help the server, interactions would drop substantially between players if that was a thing.

Damn you just posted cringe

4 hours ago, $dollar$ said:

Landlords are still hording because they cannot afford to sell and let go of properties, the tax forces them to charge triple rent and hold on to properties for minimum a year to make returns and break even, it is a system that is having an opposite effect! 

Landlords with more than two properties have that issue. If you want to flip houses and let go of them you can still do it one at a time.