Third House Tax - Thoughts?

Le Englishman

21 minutes ago, $dollar$ said:

Read what I put, it doesn't stop house hording, it encourages it mate. Noone will want to sell a house they have paid all that tax for anytime soon. I know this because I am one of those. Unless your in this business you wouldn't understand.

I probably won't sell any of the properties I own for at least a year IRL now because if I did I would loose money because of the tax I paid.

It has the opposite of the intended effect. It encourages house hording.

I mean I hear what ur saying and all but if I'm being honest bro, you could easily make the tax back. Very easily in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Timzii said:

It's there for a good reason to prevent players from owning properties when others can't find any for sale. 

Some sort of communist mentality, where everyone should own the same, it's not helpful tho... That would harm the server more than it would help the server, interactions would drop substantially between players if that was a thing.

1 minute ago, Chuck Lee said:

Some sort of communist mentality, where everyone should own the same, it's not helpful tho... That would harm the server more than it would help the server, interactions would drop substantially between players if that was a thing.

Communist mentality? When have I even mentioned that everyone should own the same? I'm simply implying that tax is there for a good reason to prevent people from hoarding properties, not sure how that breaks interaction or has any relevance to the reply you even made, but okay.

It's a tricky position and I understand both sides:

If people are legitimately RPing real estate agents they wouldn't generally own the houses IRL, but rather find buyers as intermediaries. In this server we have ads making that service unnecessary.

A real estate agent provides the service of finding a property, but the UCP map also does just that already. If we want to encourage RP an option would be to remove the UCP map and force people to fully RP the purchase, but that would encourage house hoarders to conveniently become real estate people to justify being property moguls.

A way to fix this would be to have agents sell owned properties (or available properties) for a commission on the full price of the sale, among other possibilities.

Something to think about.

Edited by Koko
1 minute ago, Timzii said:

Communist mentality? When have I even mentioned that everyone should own the same? I'm simply implying that tax is there for a good reason to prevent people from hoarding properties, not sure how that breaks interaction or has any relevance to the reply you even made, but okay.

read above what has been mentioned, I was replying to the recent solutions proposed by two individuals who wrote replies inciting to the ownership of one home per character.