How much better would RP be if nobody knew each other oocly?

Legate

I think it would be a lot better. Part of the reason why I'm against having /f for official factions in game.

Can't take away discord at this point, but with Discord, there's no reason for /f in game. Just adds to the potential for subconscious mixing.

Judging from the state of your previous thread, pretty fucking better. 

Edit: To actually put some input on here instead of a dumb joke though I feel it depends? 99% of my interactions IC have been with people I don't know OOC though, I thought that was the norm?

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST

OOC communication is fine as long as it doesn't alter IC. There's no problems about it.

The only problem are the people who can not separate that two, so they are their character and their character is them. Golden rule for me is that IC is IC and OOC is OOC. Keep both in their own corner and your you'll have separated experiences from both instead of mutual one. Know other players OOCly but simply don't spoil or arrange roleplay. Roleplay and what happens IC should be completely IC.

Edited by Zorbe

OOC communication needs to be there in case your game crashes or you're about to stop playing for a week because something happened IRL.

Discords are fine and all, but make sure you're never in a voice chat when you RP because it makes you distracted. That's my only advice. I don't see a problem with making OOC friends using Discord, I met some of the best people through RP servers and we're friends until this very day.

Edited by hentai!

Imo ooc channels do not even belong to purely roleplaying instances as GTA World is. Cause once you are in the game, you are roleplaying. It isn't an mmorpg, where you can wander off doing ooc stuff if you are bored with rp. But other than that...it does not really matter as long as people keep it all civil.

Definitely would be better, it's like once you meet people on a OOC level they really start to think they know you. Kinda weird. At the end of the day, this is a game and we all here to have fun. Some people let the game get control over them, so I mean.

It would be another level of RP, something that it should have been all along. The OOC friend clicks are kind of ruining it. Even the admins should be just some anonymous ID numbers so they could feel emotionally safe enough be more unbiased(Not pointing any fingers, it's just basic human psychology).

On 11/2/2020 at 5:21 AM, Wirbelwind said:

Infinitely better.

The best roleplay I've had was roleplay in which myself and the other player had 0 OOC coordination or interaction, it just happened organically as we went in-game around the same time and roleplayed through it.

cant believe my boyfriend is so smart.