[SALEHBLOG] A New Way Forward: An Independent Platform for an Independent Los Santos

Al-Malikah

Username: legalbeagle992 

Comment: We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Freddy, but like I said, I respect the work you're doing, the passion you're bringing to it, and the concerns you raise. I'm doing everything in my power alongside my grassroots team to address it. While I don't have the digital infrastructure or the finances of a major political party, I'm doing everything I can to get my vision and my work out for the people of Los Santos to see. Personally I disagree with the idea that you need to be born in a place to understand the needs of people. A child starving in London is no different than a child starving in Los Santos. We are all part of one human family and we all have the same basic needs and rights to clean drinking water, food on the table, a decent job, and the opportunity for a better life. My time in Los Santos has only reaffirmed that belief. 

I've got to hit the trail, but thank you for the spirited discussion and I truly hope you have a blessed day.

1 hour ago, Al-Malikah said:

When I received a question that stated, "The city is going broke, how are we going to pay for this?" I stated that during my conversations with everyday citizens in Los Santos they feel that their taxes are adequately high.

Username: BlaineCountyRocks

Comment: not true. The question was “how do you plan to implement your promises without the city going broke and have you prepared any budget.” there’s a huge difference between that and what you’re stating here babe. then you said the city has deep pockets. the people remember ? 

people deserve equal response times from their medical services no matter where they live.

damn FD really be picking their patients. defund FD for not getting to Sandy in 2 minutes when they managed to get to Mirror Park within that same timeframe

and the folks in attendance folks heard the answers.

you dodged multiple questions then when it got bad for you you decided to just only talk to the media L.O.L.

you're someone who recognizes the value in cutting through the bullshit.

STOP NAUGHTY WORDS MISS SALEHA

all in all, ur weak and unprepared. see u next race xo

1 minute ago, DLimit said:

Usernmane: A.Perez
Comment: What are your plans for the Tongvan people, Ms. Saleh? In fact, I would like to have a discussion with you, in person.

Usernmane: legalbeagle992
Comment:  This is a great question. So first off, I believe that indigenous people need to have their rights respected, their treaties acknowledged, and meaningful restitution provided. Those are just the beliefs that underpin my motives, but what I truly want to do is to turn that  into actual legislation. The only way for me to really understand the specific needs of the Tongvan people and find legislative ways to address them is through open and honest conversation.

I set up a chat with The Crow and Fala on Facebrowser and sent them my information a couple of weeks ago to start off on discussions, I think the timing just has been a little tricky on both of our ends, but here and now, I'll share that my email is [email protected] ((al-malikah on forums and discord is burnface#6739 for OOC scheduling purposes)). 

Now I've done a physical survey of the Tongva hills... we've built vineyards, a white water rafting center, and a rehab center over and on sacred land. To my mind that is an insult to the Tongvan people and warrants both an apology and tailored solutions to establish quality housing for the Tongvan people on the land that is rightfully and historically theirs.

Part of my goals would be to work with the Tongvan elders to identify the burial grounds on the Tongvan lands and have them designated as heritage sites that cannot be buldozed over, paved over, uprooted, and torn up by developers. Again, this is just from my current perspective having done some research, but I look forward to bringing it all together cohesively into one large legislative act after I sit with you folks and hear about your needs directly from you. 

Username: ConcernedCitizen

Comment: Oh look, she’s completely ignoring our posts. Mrs. Saleh, kindly answer my previous questions or are you afraid to address them?  I know you saw it, so don’t pretend like you didn’t. 

*A link would show to his previous post*

Edited by Cellestine
Just now, Cellestine said:

Comment: Oh look, she’s completely ignoring our posts. Mrs. Saleh, kindly answer my previous questions or are you afraid to address them?  

*A link would show to his previous post*

Comment: get used to it she wont answer you L.O.L. she is still learning the language

29 minutes ago, H04X said:

Comment: get used to it she wont answer you L.O.L. she is still learning the language

Comment: Oh no, she saw it and understood it. Her statements on that particular issue are a complete fabrication. So how can we trust anything else she says?

Mrs. Saleh, I’ll tell you one thing. If you don’t answer, I’ll make my own blog calling you out so you can’t hide behind all the other posts on here. So, let’s avoid all that and get to the nitty gritty shall we. Please address the issues raised from two of your fellow citizens in my previous post, please. Or are we not important enough?

Just in case you missed it again:

I am not going away. You need to be held accountable. That’s what we should expect from a Mayoral candidate. 

Edited by Cellestine

Username: LegalBeagle992

Comment:  Sorry about that, I'm managing a grassroots team of interns and advisors so it takes a little longer to reply than if I had a big political party machine doing a lot of the legwork on my behalf. 

I understand that it's convenient to take a soundbite from a speech and manufacture controversy, you're free to make a blog out of whatever you'd like because we live in a free country, but let's get down to the actual facts on this. 

It is my belief and my vision to have marijuana legalized throughout Los Santos and eventually throughout San Andreas. As a nation, we have a disproportionate amount of arrests that involve or pertain to the use, possession, and sale of marijuana.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 

Marijuana topped the drug arrests throughout the country by a hefty number.

drugtype.gif

And a majority of the drug arrests were for possession rather than sale and manufacture.

salespos.gif

https://www.bjs.gov/content/dcf/enforce.cfm

Los Santos is a microcosm of the United States. Folks have been charged with marijuana possession in our city and those charges to my mind and to my heart are problems that need addressing. We can pearl-clutch all day regarding me characterizing the often complex circumstances of an arrest with marijuana as one of the charges or we can get to work.

As of 2019,

There were more busts for marijuana last year than arrests for aggravated assault, burglary, arson, fraud, disorderly conduct or sex offenses, among other crime categories.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2019/10/01/marijuana-arrests-increased-again-last-year-despite-more-states-legalizing-fbi-data-shows/#57162287e214

I can't change the way the entire country itself treats folks, but what I can do as mayor is continue to draft and offer legislative solutions to the problems plaguing every day Los Santos citizens.

When I went door to door in Davis, people told me about their experiences and I choose to believe them.

This is why I drafted the Marijuana Decriminalization Act of 2020 and why in the future I am working with District Representative Joseph Hoffman on producing a Marijuana Agricultural Act which has the broad vision of legalizing the sale and distribution of medical marijuana in safe and sensible way.

Back to the campaign trail, have a wonderful day dear. 

M. Saleh

Edited by Al-Malikah
1 minute ago, Al-Malikah said:

Comment:  Sorry about that, I'm managing a grassroots team of interns and advisors so it takes a little longer to reply than if I had a big political party machine doing a lot of the legwork on my behalf. 

I understand that it's convenient to take a soundbite from a speech and manufacture controversy, you're free to make a blog out of whatever you'd like because we live in a free country, but let's get down to the actual facts on this. 

It is my belief and my vision to have marijuana legalized throughout Los Santos and eventually throughout San Andreas. As a nation, we have a disproportionate amount of arrests that involve or pertain to the use, possession, and sale of marijuana.

drugtype.gif

And a majority of the drug arrests were for possession rather than sale and manufacture.

salespos.gif

Los Santos is a microcosm of the United States. Folks have been charged with marijuana possession in our city and those charges to my mind and to my heart are problems that need addressing. We can pearl-clutch all day regarding me characterizing the often complex circumstances of an arrest with marijuana as one of the charges or we can get to work.

As of 2019,

I can't change the way the entire country itself treats folks, but what I can do as mayor is continue to draft and offer legislative solutions to the problems plaguing every day Los Santos citizens.

When I went door to door in Davis, people told me about their experiences and I choose to believe them.

This is why I drafted the Marijuana Decriminalization Act of 2020 and why in the future I am working with District Representative Joseph Hoffman on producing a Marijuana Agricultural Act which has the broad vision of legalizing the sale and distribution of medical marijuana in safe and sensible way.

M. Saleh

Comment: you just wanna become a legal druggie lol. legalize bath salt please i got arrested for having 5kg on me wtf? its good for my mental health i have bath salt permit from obama if you do that you have my vote

17 minutes ago, Al-Malikah said:

drugtype.gif

salespos.gif

As of 2019,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2019/10/01/marijuana-arrests-increased-again-last-year-despite-more-states-legalizing-fbi-data-shows/#57162287e214

M. Saleh

First of all, I didn't manufacture anything. I took a quote directly from your manifesto on this blog.

When I saw the marijuana arrests that take young kids smoking a blunt and rack their record up with fines, misdemeanors, and eventually felonies, I saw society keeping young people living in economically troubled areas down. My response wasn't to make a big speech, talk a big game, 'advocate' without action.

I asked you a direct question. You still haven't answered it, so I'll ask again. If you have personally seen these situations within Los Santos (the quote you linked is from the United States as a whole, not Los Santos directly - don't let her fool you) --- then as a lawyer, why didn't you take it upon yourself to hold these officers accountable for arresting people for something that should have only been a fine? Did you advocate for these "kids" to get their records expunged from wrongful arrest? IF they were arrested, they were carrying more than 15 grams which indicates an intent to distribute, not a social purpose. I'm not concerned with what the rest of the United States is doing, I live in Los Santos. Your stats have nothing to do with the state of drug enforcement here in Los Santos. Our penal code doesn't authorize arrest for simple possession under 15 grams, so those facts you presented are not from within Los Santos. You can't honestly base your entire platform on stats that have nothing to do with our city. Serious? You're not running for Mayor of the United States. You're running for Mayor of Los Santos. Good grief.

Edited by Cellestine
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic