[SALEHBLOG] A New Way Forward: An Independent Platform for an Independent Los Santos

Al-Malikah

image.png.f90d8b0395d3b88e9aa21e1db5be5c26.png

An Independent Platform for an Independent Los Santos

We live in one of the wealthiest cities in one of the wealthiest countries on the face of the earth.

In a just society, we should be judged not solely on the heights of achievement that the wealthiest among us achieve, but by the extent of the deepest suffering our society allows for those most cast-aside and neglected.

It is my belief that when my neighbor suffers, I suffer. When my neighbor’s child goes hungry, that is my child who goes hungry. When my neighbor is uplifted, their rise is ours too. 

In a just society, nobody should have to wonder where their next meal will come from if at all, nobody should have to wonder whether they’ll be incarcerated for smoking or possessing marijuana, nobody should have to wonder whether they’ll be shot while going to the 24/7 or by merely doing their job as a transportation worker. 

In a truly just society, these every-day horrors are addressed with meaningful legislation.

I am Malikah Saleh and I am doing everything in my power to make that just society a reality..

A Mayor is your employee, so a mayoral campaign should be a resume. Here’s mine.

For as long as I've been in Los Santos, I’ve defended those who end up on the wrong end of the criminal justice system. I’ve defended folks who often couldn’t afford to have a lawyer at all and I’ve often defended them free of charge- believing that it should not be just the very wealthy who should have access to the very best the best legal representation.

In my time in Los Santos, I’ve seen tragedies much like you no doubt have. I’ve seen young people shot and murdered before they’ve had a chance to live. I’ve seen police officers gunned down for the simple fact of doing their job. I’ve seen people at their lowest and I’ve seen exactly how the system keeps them down.

I am running for Mayor because I know what needs to be done to start building a just society. Don’t just take my word for it. Let's look at the facts.

When I saw the marijuana arrests that take young kids smoking a blunt and rack their record up with fines, misdemeanors, and eventually felonies, I saw society keeping young people living in economically troubled areas down. My response wasn't to make a big speech, talk a big game, 'advocate' without action. My response was to write the Marijuana Decriminalization Act of 2020. I pushed for change by being the change, I did the  work needed, and this act has been given and supported by democratic District Representative George Valencia.

When I saw the spike in sex crimes plaguing our city, I also heard the cries of victims of domestic violence, rape, and sexual assault.  I took their pleas to heart, thinking of my students and how every single person in Los Santos should not live in fear of sexual violation. My response wasn't to make a big speech, talk a big game, 'advocate' without action. My response was to write the Sex Offender Registry Act of 2020 so that nobody needs to wonder where these .predators are living. I’ve given that bill to the republican District Representative Jonathan Spencer.

When I noticed that the law of the land states that folks ought to have the freedom to hunt within hunting zones, yet there were no hunting zones actually listed, I didn’t wait for change, or advocate for change. I made change. I wrote the Hunting Zoning Commission Act of 2020 because I know how to make change a reality. I’ve given that bill to the republican District Representative Joseph Hoffman who is just as committed to real change as I am.

When I experienced a hate crime firsthand in Vespucci beach and heard about my neighbors dealing with neo-nazi elements in one of the youngest and most diverse parts of the city, I didn’t hope, pray, or wish for change. I made the change. I wrote the Hate Crime Act of 2020 to empower judges to harshly punish hate crimes and to show that Los Santos is in the year 2020, not 1950. I’ve given that bill to the democratic District Representative Tanya Sun who is putting it forward with professionalism, passion, and grace.

And I'm not stopping there, those are just the laws that have been drafted and are on their way to being finished. There's so many issues facing the people of Los Santos and half of the laws I'm writing haven't been completed yet, but the problems still plague us. 

For example, when we look at the southside we often see young people who are lured into a life of crime. The opportunity it provides for quick and easy money is a lure when there's a desert of outreach and a sense that the government has abandoned an entire group of citizens. These young people get arrested on small time charges which quickly snowball into big time charges and before you know it they’ve got a felony,. Society tells them then that they can’t exercise their right to vote and that any job they apply for will be haunted by the crimes of their past. Oftentimes, they turn right back to what seems like the only open door. Crime.

I’m here to say it doesn’t have to be that way. We don’t have to settle for trying to slow down the cycle of violence when we can break it. With a mixture of public and private investment into educational programs directed at people in the neighborhoods that experience the highest rates of crime, a jobs program that will not only strengthen in our cities crumbling infrastructure but but provide folks of all backgrounds honest labor for honest pay, the decriminalization of marijuana, and the shortening of expungement times for nonviolent offenses, we can offer real tangible hope to those who need it most and we can offer them a path out of crime and out of poverty.

None of this empathy means that I'm in any way soft on crime. I am drafting legislation to ensure that there are mandatory minimum sentences of twenty-five years to life on all murders of law enforcement across Los Santos and Blaine. Nobody who is proven guilty of having murdered an officer of the law should be set free due to undue clemency. No exceptions. 

I’m not a magician and I'm not trying to promise you the world. The path ahead relies on two things: hard work and the right people willing to actually do it. This is why it is my personal belief that through hard work, dedication, and a true commitment to change, I will be able to bring to Los Santos better and more meaningful quality of life for those who need it most..

Through smart decisive legislation, an inclusive attitude, and a willingness to get the work done rather than just talk a big game, you’ll see what kind of leadership an Independent Mayor can provide for ALL Los Santos citizens, not just a wealthy few.

If any of what I’ve said here resonates with you in any way, I ask you to stand up with me on election day and vote for me, Malikah Saleh, to be the first Independent Mayor of Los Santos.

I’m not someone who appeared out of the blue just to be elected Mayor, I’m a mother, a lawyer, and a Los Santos citizen who has lived among you, danced with you, sung at Karaoke night, cried in a police station, and defended clients in their lowest moments. I won’t vanish when this election ends and I pray that you hold me accountable with the passion I expect from an Independent Los Santos should I be elected by your will.

With love and bravery.

83677299415092247605073e54fed087.png.2f170e978bda5d227e8f6c782869a344.png

Ms. Malikah Saleh

Independent Candidate for Mayor

> Comments are enabled:

Username:

Comments:

Edited by Al-Malikah
  • Upvote 1

Username: Real10-8

Comments: Why is an ex Yemeni intel officer with burned fingers, who can't even get a gun permit, let through by the city clerk to get elected?

Collaborating with foreign operatives is treason at its core. Voting them into office? You guys do the math.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 3
1 minute ago, liq said:

Username: Real10-8

Comments: Why is an ex Yemeni intel officer with burned fingers, who can't even get a gun permit, let through by the city clerk to get elected?

Collaborating with foreign operatives is treason at its core. Voting them into office? You guys do the math.

Username: legalbeagle992

Comment: conspiracy hour has BEGUN

image.png.dccc4be5de3cfbb5826e1ea02b1abfa2.png

6 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Username: TEEZY
Comment: Ima make it my lifes work to make sure u dont get elected u stupid bitch u the reason that hoe got of free, fuck u hoe

Comment: "got off free"

The defendant will be referred to the state mental health system for indefinite treatment and containment.

Try again. 

Edited by Al-Malikah
usernamefix
27 minutes ago, Al-Malikah said:

Comment: "got off free"

Try again. 

Username: TEEZY
Comment: u still stopped her from getting charged while my friend can never walk again retard. any poster i see advertising u for mayor is getting ripped down and pissed on.

if u vote for her ur retarded this bitch some dirty lawyer dat will defend anyone 4 cash she dont care abt any of us

Edited by Shekh
  • Thanks 1
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic