[SALEHBLOG] A New Way Forward: An Independent Platform for an Independent Los Santos

Al-Malikah

3 hours ago, Al-Malikah said:

When I saw the marijuana arrests that take young kids smoking a blunt and rack their record up with fines, misdemeanors, and eventually felonies

Username: Korean George

Comment: Miss Malikah already talked about this at her rally and was debunked. Nobody gets arrested for possession of category D controlled substance, only written a fine.
She is either a liar, a bad lawyer or police collaborator to say such thing at public event as arresting someone for possessing a blunt would be clear violation of our law!!!

2 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

Comment: Miss Malikah already talked about this at her rally and was debunked. Nobody gets arrested for possession of category D controlled substance, only written a fine.
She is either a liar, a bad lawyer or police collaborator to say such thing at public event as arresting someone for possessing a blunt would be clear violation of our law!!!

Username: LegalBeagle992

Comment: A fine is not fine. We need to legalize marijuana and cut the bullshit. Period. 

10 minutes ago, Al-Malikah said:

Comment: A fine is not fine. We need to legalize marijuana and cut the bullshit. Period. 

Comment: Politician 101. Instead of answering the mentioned thing you talk about something slightly related to it. I am not saying fine is fine, I am saying you are either lying or being a terrible lawyer by knowingly allowing people to get arrested for something that would be at worst, a fine.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:22 AM, DjoleK said:

On 10/11/2020 at 2:25 AM, Al-Malikah said:

On 10/11/2020 at 2:37 AM, DjoleK said:

Comment: Politician 101. Instead of answering the mentioned thing you talk about something slightly related to it. I am not saying fine is fine, I am saying you are either lying or being a terrible lawyer by knowingly allowing people to get arrested for something that would be at worst, a fine.

Username: ConcernedCitizen

Comment: Classic political tactics. You completely ignored the point Korean George made. Laughable. You speak about kids getting incarcerated for smoking marijuana. That's complete horseshit unless they were carrying 15 grams or more, which then indicates intent to distribute, not just for social purposes. In that case, they should be arrested. If you "watched" these people get arrested for something that should've only been a fine, have you taken these officers to court for a violation of the law? Have you gotten these kids records expunged? If it's such an injustice, where have you been?

Bunch of political mumbo jumbo right here folks.

*User would be using a VPN to hide their IP and location*

Edited by Cellestine
  • Upvote 1

Username: FreddyMellet

Comment: If she betrayed the Republican Party she'll betray the public too, this is nothing more than power-chasing.

When asked how she would fund all of the things she mentioned, her answer was "Everyone knows we all pay insane taxes", I kid you not, does anyone have that recorded?

Another thing, she mentioned moving to Los Santos, she had difficulty finding a house. Don't get me wrong I think there's a housing crisis, but saying she moved to Los Santos? She wasn't born here?..

I'm a bit shocked that LSNN directly says in their article she was asked many questions, yet they included none of them in their article and are going to ask questions in a subsequent article where the people have no voice with her. Unreal.

She was all talk about what she's going to do with no explanation as to any implementation, acting like the other parties aren't fighting for the majority of the same things.

Then again what can you expect from someone who joined a race late with little preparation in a car park?

Edited by Freddy Mellet
5 minutes ago, Freddy Mellet said:

Comment: If she betrayed the Republican Party she'll betray the public too, this is nothing more than power- chasing.

When asked how she would fund all of the things she mentioned, her answer was "Everyone knows we all pay insane taxes", I kid you not, does anyone have that recorded?

Another thing, she mentioned moving to Los Santos, she had difficulty finding a house. Don't get me wrong I think there's a housing crisis, but saying she moved to Los Santos? She wasn't born here?..

I'm a bit shocked that LSNN directly says in their article she was asked many questions, yet they included none of them in their article and are going to ask questions in a subsequent article where the people have no voice with her. Unreal.

She was all talk about what she's going to do with no explanation as to any implementation, acting like the other parties aren't fighting for the majority of the same things.

Then again what can you expect from someone who joined a race late with little preparation in a car park?

Username: BlaineCountyRocks

Comment: your hot lets hike together

Username: BlaineCountyRocks

Comment: riley king, deputy district representative, co-wrote your marijuana decriminalisation “act”, sponsored by the dems. she isnt even old enough to order alcohol in clubs, let alone to be in charge of policies lol what even is this candidate

2 hours ago, Freddy Mellet said:

Comment: If she betrayed the Republican Party she'll betray the public too, this is nothing more than power- chasing.

Username: legalbeagle992

Comment: 

Good day Freddy, I hope the day is finding you well and that you're continuing the good work alongside Joy at the Soup kitchen we volunteer at. I'm glad to help you work through some of these questions you had and was surprised you didn't approach me after the hour and a half event with any of these independently of when the crowd came and left. I addressed all of these on the spot, but I understand that it's difficult to hear it all in the fray of a public event. 

Let me clarify for you.

If she betrayed the Republican Party she'll betray the public too, this is nothing more than power- chasing.

So I did what was called a "job" wherein people are hired for goods and services by individuals who are paying for goods and services. My service was political consulting. Every step of the way I informed my customers at the Republican party that we share a vision for a better Los Santos while we might disagree on the specific ways to get there. I Informed both Democratic and Republican colleagues every step of the way on this jounrey and this is a fact understood not only by Oswald Halford but also by your employer District Representative Joseph Hoffman- Congratulations on the job by the way, I'm truly glad he has such passionate and engaged staff. Because the Republican Party agreed with the basic tenets of my strongly held beliefs as to citizens civil liberties, they purchased from me my writing services at a cost, they did not purchase my loyalty because my loyalty cannot be bought or sold. The only loyalty I hold is to my city which is why I've written legislation free of charge to representatives from both sides of the aisle. The wellbeing of everyday people isn't a political ping pong for you to play with and shrug when you lose it somewhere under the couch, it's a sacred trust and I recorgnize that. 

We are not enemies just because I do not swaddle myself in Republican colors or claim to be part of any one party. We are allies whether you intend to smear me or not because we are all American and we are committed to making lives better for the average Los Santos citizen.

Let's establish. Nobody has the cities treasury data. When I received a question that stated, "The city is going broke, how are we going to pay for this?" I stated that during my conversations with everyday citizens in Los Santos they feel that their taxes are adequately high. It's my experience that whenever we talk about feeding the poor, housing the homeless, or investing seriously in public and mental health, out of the woodwork you get folks saying "How are you going to pay for it?" As a city, we've found a way to pay for our essential services every step of the way. We found a way to pay for our sharp police force, our dedicated Sheriff's Department, and even the Fire Department you used to work at. To fund these agencies is recognized as an essential expense. 

My main argument is that housing is essential. My arguement is that education is essential. My argument is that people should not have to wonder where their next meal will come from and that people deserve equal response times from their medical services no matter where they live. These qualify as essential for me.

So while no candidate knows the exact tax revenue, we know what our tax priorities should be. I also mentioned at the time that I wouldn't be opposed to increasing taxes specifically on luxury goods and exploring private-public partnership options for emergency funding until long-term funding solutions can be fully explore. I'm going to be organizing a meeting Mr. Cambridge of the Department of Finance to discuss what's been working for Los Santos financially and what has not.

No Freddy, I wasn't born here. This is less of a dog whistle and more of an air-horn by the way. I am open about the fact that much like our founding fathers, my family and I escaped persecution from my home country many ago which forced us to go from one war-torn country to the next seeking for safer shores. Over ten years ago I made my home on this shore and since then I have dedicated my life to helping people. None of the folks I've served soup to or helped with their legal troubles rejected my help based on the color of my skin, my funny name, or where I was born. I'd ask that we elevate the conversation beyond this type of rhetoric, but I understand you've got a job to do and I'm ready to meet your points head on. 

You were physically there Freddy. You can play pearl-clutching online dramatics, but you were there, you heard the volume of questions I was asked, and the folks in attendance folks heard the answers. I am going to be holding frequent events from now until election day, I released this platform as a precursor to a website release, and I am going to continue to go door to door in every neighborhood. 

So the all-talk line would work if I didn't write the damn bills. I fully recognize we're fighting for similar ends, but if you could link me to one piece of legislation I'd be more than happy to recognize your words as more than just partisan bluster.

This is where I'll shift my attention to readers. If you're someone who reads through this thread and is seeing the same old smear tactics, attack lines, and hyperpartisan mudslinging and physically cringe... you're someone who recognizes the value in cutting through the bullshit.

I'm not asking you to support me based on a pretty speech or by trying to insult and demean Oswald. I'm not asking you to support me based on rhetoric or style or 'vibe.' I'm asking based on not just positive ideas of what Los Santos could be; I'm calling on your support if you are someone who knows that this city could be and should be a better place to raise a family and recognizes that the only way to gain the change we seek is to elect someone who isn't afraid to get the work done on all levels of government. I've written the legislation. I've worked with people from all political identities. I'm ready to get to work on Day One and I'm not asking you to trust me just based on my word but based on what I've done- no matter how my colleagues might twist, contort, or fabricate everything from my birthplace, my moral values, and my heartfelt commitment. 

Have a good one dear,

M. Saleh

Edited by Al-Malikah
grammar
  • Upvote 2

Username: FreddyMellet
Comment:

So I did what was called a "job" wherein people are hired for goods and services by individuals who are paying for goods and services. My service was political consulting. Every step of the way I informed my customers at the Republican party that we share a vision for a better Los Santos while we might disagree on the specific ways to get there. I Informed both Democratic and Republican colleagues every step of the way on this jounrey and this is a fact understood not only by Oswald Halford but also by your employer District Representative Joseph Hoffman- Congratulations on the job by the way, I'm truly glad he has such passionate and engaged staff. Because the Republican Party agreed with the basic tenets of my strongly held beliefs as to citizens civil liberties, they purchased from me my writing services at a cost, they did not purchase my loyalty because my loyalty cannot be bought or sold. The only loyalty I hold is to my city which is why I've written legislation free of charge to representatives from both sides of the aisle. The wellbeing of everyday people isn't a political ping pong for you to play with and shrug when you lose it somewhere under the couch, it's a sacred trust and I recorgnize that. 

Do you think it isn't betrayal to become a valued member of a team, do work for them that you are highly respected in the team for, then go start a competing entity with the same work that you were writing for the team? Maybe we don't hold the same definition of a betrayal but I find that quite the betrayal, you know fine and well that both the Republicans and the Democrats alike are and were pushing for the same change you wanted, hell you've even been writing some of it, you were offered a position to push that change yourself, the single and only reason you've decided to go independent from my view is the want for ultimate power, if you are unwilling to push for the change in the team(s) you already stood by, who's to say you're going to listen to the public? or even your team? if you have one yet that is. Nobody was trying to buy your loyalty, you were respected and given a voice.

We are not enemies just because I do not swaddle myself in Republican colors or claim to be part of any one party. We are allies whether you intend to smear me or not because we are all American and we are committed to making lives better for the average Los Santos citizen.

I agree that we are not enemies and I personally have some level of respect for you, we do work towards the same goals, the issue I take with is the fact that you've ran off to do it alone with an attempt that seems frankly unprepared and not thought out fully. I don't hold any personal grudge with you.

Let's establish. Nobody has the cities treasury data. When I received a question that stated, "The city is going broke, how are we going to pay for this?" I stated that during my conversations with everyday citizens in Los Santos they feel that their taxes are adequately high. It's my experience that whenever we talk about feeding the poor, housing the homeless, or investing seriously in public and mental health, out of the woodwork you get folks saying "How are you going to pay for it?" As a city, we've found a way to pay for our essential services every step of the way. We found a way to pay for our sharp police force, our dedicates Sheriff's Department, and even the Fire Department you used to work at. To fund these agencies is recognized as an essential expense. 

My main argument is that housing is essential. My arguement is that education is essential. My argument is that people should not have to wonder where their next meal will come from and that people deserve equal response times from their medical services no matter where they live. These qualify as essential for me.

So while no candidate knows the exact tax revenue, we know what our tax priorities should be. I also mentioned at the time that I wouldn't be opposed to increasing taxes specifically on luxury goods, but I'm going to organizing a meeting Mr. Cambridge of the Department of Finance to discuss what's been working for Los Santos financially and what has not.

In short what you've said is you don't have the answers for how you're going to expense any of it and what you've been saying while noble and no different to the other parties, is frankly guess-work, you're guessing you can do these things and have no actual substance behind your words.

Yes, taxes are high, how is the public portrayal looking when you say that's how you plan to fund everything? Tax cuts are what the people want, which again is why this all seems unprepared.

In regards to people asking how you plan to fund it all, it's a common question in politics because many make claims and don't follow through on them, it's got nothing to do with the fact that the causes you're wanting is for the less privileged, it's just a matter of enquiry in to whether the implementation is actually even possible with your plan, but again it seems you don't have one.

No Freddy, I wasn't born here. This is less of a dog whistle and more of an air-horn by the way. I am open about the fact that much like our founding fathers, my family and I escaped political violence from my home country many ago which forced us to go from one war-torn country to the next seeking for safer shores. Over ten years ago I made my home on this shore and since then I have dedicated my life to helping people. None of the folks I've served soup to or helped with their legal troubles rejected my help based on the color of my skin, my funny name, or where I was born. I'd ask that we elevate the conversation beyond this type of rhetoric, but I understand you've got a job to do and I'm ready to meet your points head on. 

I apologize if you misunderstood what I meant, it's not intended to be racist or anything of that nature, the point I'm making is that people who were born and raised here want to be represented by those same people, the ones that were born and raised alongside them, having greater understanding of the issues in the neighborhoods they grew up in and the likes. While your service to the judicial system after moving here is appreciated, I don't think it makes you qualified to represent the needs and wants of the people who have lived here their entire lives, knowing it's deep-rooted history and the likes.

You were physically there Freddy. You can play pearl-clutching online dramatics, but you were there, you heard the volume of questions I was asked, and the folks in attendance folks heard the answers. I am going to be holding frequent events from now until election day, I released this platform as a precursor to a website release, and I am going to continue to go door to door in every neighborhood. 

My problem with LSNN's article isn't with you, it's with LSNN, they represented your event in a good light when realistically it didn't go great for you which I think can be further seen with the overwhelming negativity you have in replies to this blog post, I find the fact that they want to ask their own questions rather than publish the questions of the people they already heard and your answers to them is quite mistrustful.

So the all-talk line would work if I didn't write the damn bills. I fully recognize we're fighting for similar ends, but if you could link me to one piece of legislation I'd be more than happy to recognize your words as more than just partisan bluster.

I don't work for the Republican Party you should know as it seems throughout your reply to me that you potentially think I do, I don't at all and it's only as of recent I started supporting their party, previously being an independent.

The reason why I started supporting them is the environment they hold, they have an open floor for constructive debate in which people can say their part and genuinely be heard, the party is fully interested in molding itself to the people's needs, which is what both you and I want, I'm sure it's why you respected them as well just like myself.

You say that we're fighting for similar ends, some would argue to pretty much the same ends, it really raises the question as to why you would ditch the party for this attempt? Is it all a game for ultimate power, having too much of an ego to work under and with other people?

This is where I'll shift my attention to readers. If you're someone who reads through this thread and is seeing the same old smear tactics, attack lines, and hyperpartisan mudslinging and physically cringe... you're someone who recognizes the value in cutting through the bullshit.

Up until I saw these few lines I respected your reply, but now you're blatantly calling criticism some propaganda rhetoric because you've gotten overly frustrated, if the overwhelming response is that people aren't happy, instead of calling them idiots maybe you should try explain yourself a bit better after establishing a much needed proper plan?

In short, you don't give any real reason to support you over any other party who are pushing the same wants and needs with better infrastructure. Rather than 'snap back' at me, I suggest re-thinking your strategy for this election moving forward, with that being said I appreciate your good intentions, and I'd still call you a friend, but I want what is best for Los Santos and I'm not pleased with your execution of any of this, and I find my thoughts are held quite universally. I'm not here to advertise Oswald's campaign, I'm here to question yours as a citizen, nobody wants an administration that's all talk. Your main goals are primarily for the people, yet the majority of the people seen, aren't in support of you, that should tell you something.

Edited by Freddy Mellet
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic