Delivery Driver Paychecks - Bank vs. Cash

Griz

Just now, QuadTurboW16 said:

I mean, if they risk getting ajailed just to rob five grand off of me, I am just going to admire their courage and give it to them. One day, they will be breaking rules in a more serious situation, and they will get the punishment they deserve. I don't want to add to the admin workload just because I lost five grand and the truck.

It's not about the 5 grand. Its about the fact that their actions bring down the quality of roleplay on the server. If they all just get caught in the end, this discussion wouldn't be here to begin with. If player actions are degrading the quality of roleplay overall, even if a single action seems somewhat small to make a fuss over, just report them. If it's their first offense, they'll probably be warned or told off. Maybe it isn't though, and it'll get them banned.

Paychecks should be sent to the banks, yes, but if you see bad roleplay that degrades the quality of the server, then report them immediately.

• Applaud 1
On 10/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, mj2002 said:

It's not about the 5 grand. Its about the fact that their actions bring down the quality of roleplay on the server. If they all just get caught in the end, this discussion wouldn't be here to begin with. If player actions are degrading the quality of roleplay overall, even if a single action seems somewhat small to make a fuss over, just report them. If it's their first offense, they'll probably be warned or told off. Maybe it isn't though, and it'll get them banned.

Paychecks should be sent to the banks, yes, but if you see bad roleplay that degrades the quality of the server, then report them immediately.

I agree with this, and many other posts on the discussion so far. While "admiring their courage and giving it to them" would be an objectively admirable thing to do, it sets a precedent that it's "okay". The steps to changing the robbery culture at this particular location must be a group effort for recurring victims. Otherwise, the status quo will not change and this seemingly terrible style of robberies will continue. Removing the large amount of cash from driver's hands would be a good first step. 

I also agree that heightened awareness by law enforcement would be a good deterrent. However, we've reached a point where the frequency of these robberies is far beyond the realms of realism. It'd be more realistic for illegal cars, firearms, or other goods to come through the port. This may already happen, but if it does, it's probably role played incredibly well. Whereas, these chain robberies of (un)suspecting delivery drivers is just a bit too much.

Thanks for the input, everyone! 

• Applaud 1
On 10/7/2020 at 4:33 PM, icarusfeather said:

In my opinion it should NOT be a crime free area. There are no fresh new players there, and it is the IC government's fault for not patrolling there as according to a PD officer it isn't even covered within any PD patrol routes. They used to contract the security to Gruppe 6, then when the government was disbanded they never renewed the contract. That is something that should be handled IC and the robberies there are due to the failure of government.

By that logic you may as well rob at the airport then because no players patrol there. 

Irl docks are highly regulated and guarded places with lots of activity going on and lots of security cameras. That should be NPCed at all times. 

Hell you would not be able to go inside too much without having the right papers and clearence let alone barge in on a motorcycle wearing a masked outfit and robbing truckers at the freaking loading point rolf. 

Edited by Cantafford
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Cantafford said:

By that logic you may as well rob at the airport then because no players patrol there. 

Irl docks are highly regulated and guarded places with lots of activity going on and lots of security cameras. That should be NPCed at all times. 

Hell you would not be able to go inside too much without having the right papers and clearence let alone barge in on a motorcycle wearing a masked outfit and robbing truckers at the freaking loading point rolf. 

Good job regurgitating the same exact argument made 2 times already. I don't know if you just didn't read the thread at all or you have and still don't care. 

We don't play IRL. We play Los Santos. This isn't a NPC server, it's a roleplay server. If you dont want roleplay and you just want to NPC everything, play FiveM or GTA Online. Like I said before, adding more safe zones are a cheap and shit solution to actually roleplaying things. The safezones we have put in place are there to protect either new players, or robberies where it REALLY does not make sense. We have all the resources needed to protect it, so why not use it?

Edited by icarusfeather
32 minutes ago, icarusfeather said:

Good job regurgitating the same exact argument made 2 times already. I don't know if you just didn't read the thread at all or you have and still don't care. 

We don't play IRL. We play Los Santos. This isn't a NPC server, it's a roleplay server. If you dont want roleplay and you just want to NPC everything, play FiveM or GTA Online. Like I said before, adding more safe zones are a cheap and shit solution to actually roleplaying things. The safezones we have put in place are there to protect either new players, or robberies where it REALLY does not make sense. We have all the resources needed to protect it, so why not use it?

The docks especially the main docks from a big city are heavyly guarded places where it's impossible to enter without clearence let alone do robberies...end of story... it is a no brainer they should be NPCed and a no crime zone... 

Let's stay on topic tough. One day I think I will make a suggestion about making the docks crime free area and you can post that reply there and I will address every point you've made and why I think it's wrong ?

Edited by Cantafford
3 hours ago, icarusfeather said:

or robberies where it REALLY does not make sense. We have all the resources needed to protect it, so why not use it?

Except robberies at the port really don't make sense. A major city shipping port is not something you can just drive onto and rob unsuspecting truckers. Engaging in more covert illegal RP such as bribing port officials, illegal arms dealing, drug trafficking, etc. is more realistic, but robberies? Highly unrealistic. Just because we don't have Port Police in-game doesn't mean that we should treat it as if it's a ghost town. There needs to be some compromise here. It shouldn't be a safe zone from all crime, but robberies shouldn't be allowed directly on the port grounds. As I said before, there are plenty of opportunities to rob truckers once they leave the port. Nothing is stopping them from doing so. It's pure laziness and it should never have been allowed from the start.

Edited by Cellestine
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Cellestine said:

Except robberies at the port really don't make sense. A major city shipping port is not something you can just drive onto and rob unsuspecting truckers. Engaging in more covert illegal RP such as bribing port officials, illegal arms dealing, drug trafficking, etc. is more realistic, but robberies? Highly unrealistic. Just because we don't have Port Police in-game doesn't mean that we should treat it as if it's a ghost town. There needs to be some compromise here. It shouldn't be a safe zone from all crime, but robberies shouldn't be allowed directly on the port grounds. As I said before, there are plenty of opportunities to rob truckers once they leave the port. Nothing is stopping them from doing so. It's pure laziness and it should never have been allowed from the start.

Exactly. Irl to rob a truck you would need to know where it's going, where it makes stops along the way and plan the robbery in advance and do it in a secluded area.

Just robbing a random trucker at the pickup point at gunpoint in a place where you could not even enter realistically and is heavily guarded it's stupid and unrealistic.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Please can this apply to ALL jobs such as working in a 24/7!

Because of the robbery problem on this server, my character comes to work at a 24/7 with literally nothing worth stealing - no cash and nothing of any worth in inventory.  BUT - the problem is, when the timer ticks over and you get paid, you now have a bunch of cash on you and you either risk getting it stolen when a robber enters, or you close up, go to bank, deposit and then come back.

Could an admin include this point in the first post, so that a dev doesn't miss it?  I was good and searched first so I didn't make a new post...but my wish for it to apply to all jobs might get lost/not read.

Edited by Paenymion

Don’t make it a safe zone. I’m sure some very good RP comes from the port with weapons/drug suppliers that we aren’t aware of. However, an exception should be made and disallow trucking robberies on port grounds. It makes no sense. The port realistically has a security gate that controls the flow of traffic and only allows in authorized personnel. You wouldn’t have people just riding into the port like it’s an unmonitored parking lot. There are plenty of opportunities to rob these truckers once they’ve left the port. Stop being lazy. If you’re truly doing robbery for the RP, prove it. Plan out a good one. Stop cornering truckers on what would realistically be a very busy shipping port. 

Edited by Cypher
  • mj2002 locked this topic