Delivery Driver Paychecks - Bank vs. Cash

Griz

Short description: Delivery driver paychecks should be sent to the driver's bank account, not their wallet. This would be to simulate a check instead of cash payments. 

Detailed description: Most delivery companies send invoices via accounts receivable (mail, e-mail, etc.) instead of in-person cash payments. This would mitigate unrealistic robberies occurring at the Port of Los Santos, which is GTA V's reimagination of the Port of San Pedro. This port is heavily guarded and operated by its respective port authority (municipal government). Similarly, the purchase of crates should be done with funds that are in the driver's bank account, not cash on hand. To my knowledge, delivery drivers don't realistically pay for the things they are delivering. Either way, pay for crates via bank account could be RP'ed as lease fees, operator expense, etc. This would remove delivery driver's inherent requirement of carrying significant cash on hand while they're delivering boxes. Thus, less unrealistic robberies and more productivity and undisturbed role play for delivery drivers. 

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server?: As previously mentioned, it would help mitigate unrealistic robberies occurring at a port authority operated and secured shipping yard. Realistically, tractor trailer owner operators aren't being paid significant amounts of cash as they conduct business at the port. Furthermore, the port itself (in the real world) is heavily secured. This includes checking in, manifests, checking out, guards, gates, cameras, and so forth. This would add more realism to the way truckers are paid.

Additional information: Pending the outcome of this game suggestion, I might also suggest a rule amendment to have the Port of Los Santos be explicitly mentioned as a crime free area. 

Edited by Griz
  • Applaud 1
14 hours ago, Griz said:

Short description: Delivery driver paychecks should be sent to the driver's bank account, not their wallet. This would be to simulate a check instead of cash payments. 

Detailed description: Most delivery companies send invoices via accounts receivable (mail, e-mail, etc.) instead of in-person cash payments. This would mitigate unrealistic robberies occurring at the Port of Los Santos, which is GTA V's reimagination of the Port of San Pedro. This port is heavily guarded and operated by its respective port authority (municipal government). Similarly, the purchase of crates should be done with funds that are in the driver's bank account, not cash on hand. To my knowledge, delivery drivers don't realistically pay for the things they are delivering. Either way, pay for crates via bank account could be RP'ed as lease fees, operator expense, etc. This would remove delivery driver's inherent requirement of carrying significant cash on hand while they're delivering boxes. Thus, less unrealistic robberies and more productivity and undisturbed role play for delivery drivers. 

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server?: As previously mentioned, it would help mitigate unrealistic robberies occurring at a port authority operated and secured shipping yard. Realistically, tractor trailer owner operators aren't being paid significant amounts of cash as they conduct business at the port. Furthermore, the port itself (in the real world) is heavily secured. This includes checking in, manifests, checking out, guards, gates, cameras, and so forth. This would add more realism to the way truckers are paid.

Additional information: Pending the outcome of this game suggestion, I might also suggest a rule amendment to have the Port of Los Santos be explicitly mentioned as a crime free area. 

Been an advocate for this since trucking came out. Payments should have always gone to and from the bank. Truckers don’t buy supplies normally, let alone use their own cash. I get it’s a script thing, so at least utilize the bank for everything instead of the wallet. Big support from me. 

The port should always have been a crime free area. We may not have a dedicated Port Authority or port police in-game, but it’s just silly that people are allowed to drive into the port and engage in senseless criminal activity. There is a gate at the front and exit that basically simulates control of who goes in and out of the port and it’s completely ignored. If people want to engage in robberies, plan them out during their route to delivery, not at the port. 

Edited by Cellestine
  • Upvote 1
On 10/5/2020 at 12:30 PM, Cellestine said:

The port should always have been a crime free area. We may not have a dedicated Port Authority or port police in-game, but it’s just silly that people are allowed to drive into the port and engage in senseless criminal activity. There is a gate at the front and exit that basically simulates control of who goes in and out of the port and it’s completely ignored. If people want to engage in robberies, plan them out during their route to delivery, not at the port. 

In my opinion it should NOT be a crime free area. There are no fresh new players there, and it is the IC government's fault for not patrolling there as according to a PD officer it isn't even covered within any PD patrol routes. They used to contract the security to Gruppe 6, then when the government was disbanded they never renewed the contract. That is something that should be handled IC and the robberies there are due to the failure of government.

1 hour ago, icarusfeather said:

In my opinion it should NOT be a crime free area. There are no fresh new players there, and it is the IC government's fault for not patrolling there as according to a PD officer it isn't even covered within any PD patrol routes. They used to contract the security to Gruppe 6, then when the government was disbanded they never renewed the contract. That is something that should be handled IC and the robberies there are due to the failure of government.

By that logic, we shouldn’t have crime free areas anywhere then. That’s basically what you’re saying. It should all be kept IC. Why should new players be protected then? It’s the governments fault for not patrolling the airport right? Wrong. 

There are some things that should be handled OOC’ly, just like it’s not realistic to commit crime right in front of the police station. You wouldn’t be able to commit crime at the port the way it happens now. Disagree with you completely, with all due respect. 

Edited by Cellestine
3 hours ago, Cellestine said:

By that logic, we shouldn’t have crime free areas anywhere then. That’s basically what you’re saying. It should all be kept IC. Why should new players be protected then? It’s the governments fault for not patrolling the airport right? Wrong. 

There are some things that should be handled OOC’ly, just like it’s not realistic to commit crime right in front of the police station. You wouldn’t be able to commit crime at the port the way it happens now. Disagree with you completely, with all due respect. 

That's exactly what I'm saying. As long as nobody protects the port, crime will still happen there. We don't need any more crime free areas to protect players, that's just ridiculous and bordering on powergaming. 

EDIT: I'm not saying we should have NO crime free zones, I'm saying that the port does NOT need to be another one.

Edited by icarusfeather
clarification

The port does not need to be a safe zone like banks and the airport, however, the quality of roleplay there, especially robberies, need to be improved. When I used to roleplay as a trucker, I have been robbed there multiple times, and ALL of these robberies were extremely poorly roleplayed. The robber simply did a /me frisks [myName]. then told me to /showitems. And as I was getting robbed, many other truckers were arriving and loading up their crates right behind my truck, yet they decided to ignore me getting robbed, and the robber ignored them too. That's a lack of fear when there were literally other people looking, but he just kept robbing me like nobody is around. On top of that, he was /pm'ing me, threatening me that he will report me if I don't do it quickly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic