Delivery Driver Paychecks - Bank vs. Cash

Griz

Just now, icarusfeather said:

I said we dont need any MORE crime free areas. The crime free areas we have already are fine. Seems like there's a reading comprehension problem here.

2 hours ago, Cellestine said:

By that logic, we shouldn’t have crime free areas anywhere then.

2 hours ago, icarusfeather said:

That's exactly what I'm saying.

You weren't super clear about it. My bad.

Either way, I'm more for the suggestion of making crates being handled via bank over making the area a green zone. I feel like there'd be a lot more risk involved hijacking big trucks instead of taking everything it's driver has on hand for money. Steal the truck, hide it somewhere, unload the crates into your own truck and ditch the hijacked one, sell the crates for full profit on your own. (and get robbed in the process because these robberies happen way too often)

Edited by KarMagick
6 minutes ago, KarMagick said:

Either way, I'm more for the suggestion of making crates being handled via bank over making the area a green zone. I feel like there'd be a lot more risk involved hijacking big trucks instead of taking everything it's driver has on hand for money. Steal the truck, hide it somewhere, unload the crates into your own truck and ditch the hijacked one, sell the crates for full profit on your own. (and get robbed in the process because these robberies happen way too often)

Yeah, I totally agree with OPs suggestion.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I've roleplayed a trucker for about 6 months and got robbed constantly and then went into security where I had to deal with robberies constantly happening to truckers. It's absolutely ridiculous for it to happen so often and there needs to be a stop to it. But making it a safe zone is not the way, because then you would be destroying the roleplay that could be created on both legal and illegal roleplaying side.

Safe zones have their place, be it protecting players on their first 10 minutes of gameplay or preventing unrealistic robberies from happening at government buildings. But at locations where players are making a huge amount of money and already have a lot of gameplay hours, it's a cheap and unfair solution.

Edited by icarusfeather
30 minutes ago, icarusfeather said:

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I've roleplayed a trucker for about 6 months and got robbed constantly and then went into security where I had to deal with robberies constantly happening to truckers. It's absolutely ridiculous for it to happen so often and there needs to be a stop to it. But making it a safe zone is not the way, because then you would be destroying the roleplay that could be created on both legal and illegal roleplaying side.

Safe zones have their place, be it protecting players on their first 10 minutes of gameplay or preventing unrealistic robberies from happening at government buildings. But at locations where players are making a huge amount of money and already have a lot of gameplay hours, it's a cheap and unfair solution.

Agreed.

4 hours ago, icarusfeather said:

I can see your point to a degree, but what role play would it be preventing when you can engage in the same robberies outside of the port? You can still rob trucks, but it would be more realistic to do so when they are en route to their destination, not on the grounds of a major city shipping port. To me, the robberies at the port are lazy. Plan a robbery on the road, follow them, do it when they reach the destination. The port is just an easy spot to corner them and to me that just promotes poor role play. I don’t see any difference in a government building versus the port. Both would be highly populated and highly unrealistic for any public, visible illegal activity such as a robbery to happen. I get maybe drug smuggling, arms dealing, RP with paying off shipping officers to look the other way, etc. But robbing trucks? I feel that should be disallowed at least on the port grounds. It wouldn’t happen at a major city shipping port. So I think that would be a good compromise. 

Edited by Cellestine
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

The port does not need to be a safe zone like banks and the airport, however, the quality of roleplay there, especially robberies, need to be improved. When I used to roleplay as a trucker, I have been robbed there multiple times, and ALL of these robberies were extremely poorly roleplayed. The robber simply did a /me frisks [myName]. then told me to /showitems. And as I was getting robbed, many other truckers were arriving and loading up their crates right behind my truck, yet they decided to ignore me getting robbed, and the robber ignored them too. That's a lack of fear when there were literally other people looking, but he just kept robbing me like nobody is around. On top of that, he was /pm'ing me, threatening me that he will report me if I don't do it quickly. 

Report them.

10 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Report them.

I mean, if they risk getting ajailed just to rob five grand off of me, I am just going to admire their courage and give it to them. One day, they will be breaking rules in a more serious situation, and they will get the punishment they deserve. I don't want to add to the admin workload just because I lost five grand and the truck.

• mj2002 locked this topic