Easier to obtain attachments for illegal guns

RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

You seen a gangster in real life sporting a glock with laser pointer and a silencer? I haven't.

Silencer not so much, a LASER most definetly especially at night time if you wanna make sure you hit a opp in his head. Coming from someone that is from this type of environment I can tell you that flashy guns with attachments is something everyone wants, just like the freshest clothing, a fresh haircut, a good perfume and some chains

2 minutes ago, RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD said:

I can tell you that flashy guns with attachments is something everyone wants

Wants is not the same as has. A gucci glock is hella expensive. Items such as a barrel or trigger can cost half of the guns MSRP and an aftermarket slide can go over that original MSRP.

Let's be real. The kind of attachments you're thinking of are a 33rd extended magazine and a red laser, because that's whats trendy for wannabe bangers with a Glock. Magazines are like $30-40 a pop and a cheap chinesium weapon laser will cost maybe $20. A decent laser could be $80 and mags for a Glock are typically cheap regardless. This is nothing.

Spoiler

What you think a flashy Glock looks like

13b9504c0b5701e58c0341b58a299ed4.jpg

What a flashy glock actually looks like

efff137b78c173f8cba02904967fb44b.jpg

That's custom frame stippling, a $500 aftermarket slide modified to accept a $700-$900 Trijicon RDS, $20 transparent 20 or so round mag, Surefire(?) light, $250 in federal tax stamp and probably a $1000 suppressor. The threaded barrel required to mount the suppressor, maybe $200. AFtermarket trigger, probably another $200. And let's not even talk about the autosear and the requirements needed to possess one of them.

So, given that GTA 5 doesn't have a laser sight mod, all it is you really want for a "flashy gun" is a $30 magazine.

25 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Hide contents

So, given that GTA 5 doesn't have a laser sight mod, all it is you really want for a "flashy gun" is a $30 magazine.

yes, it should be easy to get an extended mag, and drum mags, as for everything else nobody really cares since it's not what bangers would use 

5 hours ago, RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD said:

Modern day LA as of night now is pretty boys with skinny jeans and waves driving foreign cars that will smoke you with a flashy ass Glock that holds monkey nuts, that's facts. 

Yeahhhhh......nah. They stick to problem solvers.

Tell me something chief. Do you think they're gonna spend 500-700 bucks on a Glock?
Or a 100-300 bucks on a High Point or a Sigma that they can throw out after they shoot someone?

Ain't even a question. But what do I know? I only worked in the business, and would be willing to bet I ran more ATF trace paperwork on guns used in crimes than anyone else on this server, probably combined - so I see what's commonly used in crimes. (For those who care, it's actually Taurus PT 24/7 in 9mm. Bi Tone slide of course. With Kel Tec's of all shapes coming in a close second). Common denominator is cheap.

Big problem on this server? Gang bangers carrying HK USP's and Desert Eagle XIX's around like they're throwaways. For one, neither of those are comfortable to carry, and neither of those guns are get caught up with guns because you're out at least a grand on each one. Two, you talking about a Glock with monkey nuts. Do you even know how impractical shit like that is? We can break this down further. A Beta C, which is your hundred round drummers costs like 400 bucks and weighs right over 2.2 pounds. That's nearly as much as your gun. And on top of that with 100 rounds of ammo weighs about 2.7 pounds. A Glock 17 unloaded weighs right at 1.4 pounds. Let's do some quick maffs. That's 6.3 pounds. I have AR-15's that weigh less than that. Granted, they're fancy boys with carbon fiber furniture but it's still truth. I know since all the stuff you already said, you don't have a clue just how unwieldy that is, but it ain't no punk especially to handle. A Beta C on a pistol is a novelty item to piss around at the range with and make super dope youtube videos. They're not for every day use - in fact, they're giant pieces of shit and jam once or twice per cycle.

Just stop....
Stay off of tumblr, and instagram, and stop watching youtube docs about flashy gangsters. It's all for the camera. It's not realistic.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic