Easier to obtain attachments for illegal guns

RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD

55 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Yeahhhhh......nah. They stick to problem solvers.

Tell me something chief. Do you think they're gonna spend 500-700 bucks on a Glock?
Or a 100-300 bucks on a High Point or a Sigma that they can throw out after they shoot someone?

Ain't even a question. But what do I know? I only worked in the business, and would be willing to bet I ran more ATF trace paperwork on guns used in crimes than anyone else on this server, probably combined - so I see what's commonly used in crimes. (For those who care, it's actually Taurus PT 24/7 in 9mm. Bi Tone slide of course. With Kel Tec's of all shapes coming in a close second). Common denominator is cheap.

Big problem on this server? Gang bangers carrying HK USP's and Desert Eagle XIX's around like they're throwaways. For one, neither of those are comfortable to carry, and neither of those guns are get caught up with guns because you're out at least a grand on each one. Two, you talking about a Glock with monkey nuts. Do you even know how impractical shit like that is? We can break this down further. A Beta C, which is your hundred round drummers costs like 400 bucks and weighs right over 2.2 pounds. That's nearly as much as your gun. And on top of that with 100 rounds of ammo weighs about 2.7 pounds. A Glock 17 unloaded weighs right at 1.4 pounds. Let's do some quick maffs. That's 6.3 pounds. I have AR-15's that weigh less than that. Granted, they're fancy boys with carbon fiber furniture but it's still truth. I know since all the stuff you already said, you don't have a clue just how unwieldy that is, but it ain't no punk especially to handle. A Beta C on a pistol is a novelty item to piss around at the range with and make super dope youtube videos. They're not for every day use - in fact, they're giant pieces of shit and jam once or twice per cycle.

Just stop....
Stay off of tumblr, and instagram, and stop watching youtube docs about flashy gangsters. It's all for the camera. It's not realistic.

With your logic mobsters shouldn't be using M4's and assault rifles. They should be limited to shotguns and pistols.

If there are issues with portrayal? You all need to report it to the IFM or whatever admin bureau handles poor roleplay portrayal. 

However I don't want player's agency to be limited just because you are all afraid of the bad RPers. I want the freedom to customize weapons. Will I walk around with a tec9 and drum mag? No.  

Just now, changooman said:

If there are issues with portrayal? You all need to report it to the IFM or whatever admin bureau handles poor roleplay portrayal. 

However I don't want player's agency to be limited just because you are all afraid of the bad RPers. I want the freedom to customize weapons. Will I walk around with a tec9 and drum mag? No.  

Agreed. And I'm not saying that it doesn't exist and isn't used sometimes. And I'd like to see attachments on the server. But my argument isn't against the attachments, but the notion that every gangbanger is walking around with a show piece in the waistband because of some instagram gangsters and music videos. Like, y'all do know that isn't real, right?

3 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Agreed. And I'm not saying that it doesn't exist and isn't used sometimes. And I'd like to see attachments on the server. But my argument isn't against the attachments, but the notion that every gangbanger is walking around with a show piece in the waistband because of some instagram gangsters and music videos. Like, y'all do know that isn't real, right?

I totally agree with you. People seem to be caught up with glamour from the media. It really wouldn't be practical with some of the attachments that are available, like the drum mags, to be carried around so nonchalantly. 

Do you think there should be rule changes to this for game/roleplay balance? As in you must now RP taking out pistol sized weapons if they have a large attachment? Etc. 

Edited by changooman

I totally agree with you. People seem to be caught up with glamour from the media. It really wouldn't be practical with some of the attachments that are available like the drum mags to be carried around like that. 

Do you think there should be rule changes to this for game/roleplay balance? As in you must now RP taking out pistol sized weapons if they have a large attachment? Etc. 

Honestly I think what might help out in conjunction with a rule governing it would be some education. You're not carrying a pistol with a drum mag attached to it. Flashlight? Yeah okay sure. I know plenty of people who carry with a flashlight on their gun. Suppressor? Not a chance. Extended 30 round mag on your pistol? The Glock 33 round magazine is nearly nine inches long. That's nearly 23 cm long for the non gun owning countries. It's just impractical. But the problem is people don't want to see that. They just see some idiot flashing one on his snapchat and are like "Oh yeah, he must carry that everywhere."

1 minute ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Honestly I think what might help out in conjunction with a rule governing it would be some education. You're not carrying a pistol with a drum mag attached to it. Flashlight? Yeah okay sure. I know plenty of people who carry with a flashlight on their gun. Suppressor? Not a chance. Extended 30 round mag on your pistol? The Glock 33 round magazine is nearly nine inches long. That's nearly 23 cm long for the non gun owning countries. It's just impractical. But the problem is people don't want to see that. They just see some idiot flashing one on his snapchat and are like "Oh yeah, he must carry that everywhere."

If you're willing? I would say you should write up a guide since from what I can tell from your posts, you seem to be more knowledgeable on firearms and what not. I'm sure people who are willing to improve their portrayal and take some pride in their RP would benefit from it.

The rest who pretend like it's some ls-rp dizz nicca video can probably just be dealt with a report. 

If you're willing? I would say you should write up a guide since from what I can tell from your posts, you seem to be more knowledgeable on firearms and what not. I'm sure people who are willing to improve their portrayal and take some pride in their RP would benefit from it.

The rest who pretend like it's some ls-rp dizz nicca video can probably just be dealt with a report. 

If I had the time I would, and I might be able to piece one together eventually.

But a problem with reporting - even the admins don't know sometimes. And that's not their fault. Because a lot of them probably don't have exposure to the stuff.

To some people, pulling a Skorpion from the waist band of your skinny jeans seems plausible because they've never held a Skorpion in hand or tried to carry one. They used to come with leather scabbards to carry on your belt for a reason. But people don't get that.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

If I had the time I would, and I might be able to piece one together eventually.

But a problem with reporting - even the admins don't know sometimes. And that's not their fault. Because a lot of them probably don't have exposure to the stuff.

To some people, pulling a Skorpion from the waist band of your skinny jeans seems plausible because they've never held a Skorpion in hand or tried to carry one. They used to come with leather scabbards to carry on your belt for a reason. But people don't get that.

I am glad our Vz61 is still popular in the world, but as you said, having it tucked in your pants, naaah. We tried when we had one at shooting range, we tried to be gangsta with it too. While it IS possible to shoot auto in one hand, your entire arm will not thank you after few hours, as the impact on your muscle is the same as working out for 3 hours without break. The smg was designed for CQB encounters withing buildings mostly, while retaining the firepower of the assault rifle. 

• mj2002 locked this topic