Easier to obtain attachments for illegal guns

RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD

Short description: Make it easier to get attachments for guns.

Detailed description: So basically in real-life Los Angeles most gang members actually have guns with different types of attachments, such as extended magazines, lasers, scopes and all types of other stuff. Most guns in the US that are owned by gang members hold hollow tip rounds, to my knowledge these are all in the game but you never see them. It's not just more realistic to have those types of attachments but this also gives gang roleplayers the chance to actually win a shootout against a LSPD officer with a Carbine Rifle. 

Commands to add: /attachments (Might already be a thing but yeah make it so you can take it off and pass it on etc.)

Items to add: All items are already in-game.

How would your suggestion improve the server?: It makes it more immersive.

Additional information: This is what most guns in present day Los Angeles look like.e8ae136ecc02e7c485cae7e27324d6bffddcc7ca.pngtumblr_ornwtpb4Ar1rarngto1_500.png

• Upvote 5

So I worked in the gun business for a long time. And I saw a lot of bangers come buy guns, and I saw a lot of bangers come sell guns back to me.

29 minutes ago, RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD said:

So basically in real-life Los Angeles most gang members actually have guns with different types of attachments, such as extended magazines, lasers, scopes and all types of other stuff.

You're so far off the mark with this statement it made me laugh out loud. Gangbangers aren't buying Glocks with compensators and crimson trace setups. They're buying what's cheap. Seeing some banger with a flashy piece in a movie or a Nat Geo documentary isn't what "most" people do.

34 minutes ago, RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD said:

Most guns in the US that are owned by gang members hold hollow tip rounds, to my knowledge these are all in the game but you never see them.

Another pretty baseless statement. First off, ammunition is not an attachment, Second, hollow points, not hollow tips. I don't care what the rappers say. Third, you're not getting the whole being a poor gangbanger thing. It's a money thing again. Tell me if you're a poor gangbanger, what are you buying? 20 rounds for 30 bucks? Or 50 rounds for 21-23 bucks?

There three kickers here. First one is that is actually going to help you against a cop with a rifle. And two, if hollow points get distributed the factions, you know that PD is getting them too. Hell I can drive down to any sporting goods store and buy a box of Hydra Shoks or some Cor Bon and be good. If it's that easy to get them, you know the legal factions are getting them too. The third, and my favorite kicker on this unresearched, not very well written proposal.

None of what you asked for is illegal. You asked for lasers and, sights, and extended mags. I guess a suppressor could fall under "all types of other stuff" but I'm not really going to include it since you didn't and given the content above, I'm almost 100% positive you have no idea what the process is to get a suppressor. And that's okay. But you should also understand that it's not as simple as ordering it off the internet.

So I support the distribution of some attachments. But to make the claim that every banger is carrying around some souped up piece with all that on it, it's incorrect. Does it happen? Sure. Is it the norm? Absolutely not. I reverse image searched both of those images you posted. And I realize you might have got them from discord but they both hit back with a big presence on tumblr. Tumblr is not a good place to do your research.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 2
7 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So I worked in the gun business for a long time. And I saw a lot of bangers come buy guns, and I saw a lot of bangers come sell guns back to me.

You're so far off the mark with this statement it made me laugh out loud. Gangbangers aren't buying Glocks with compensators and crimson trace setups. They're buying what's cheap. Seeing some banger with a flashy piece in a movie or a Nat Geo documentary isn't what "most" people do.

Another pretty baseless statement. First off, ammunition is not an attachment, Second, hollow points, not hollow tips. I don't care what the rappers say. Third, you're not getting the whole being a poor gangbanger thing. It's a money thing again. Tell me if you're a poor gangbanger, what are you buying? 20 rounds for 30 bucks? Or 50 rounds for 21-23 bucks?

There three kickers here. First one is that is actually going to help you against a cop with a rifle. And two, if hollow points get distributed the factions, you know that PD is getting them too. Hell I can drive down to any sporting goods store and buy a box of Hydra Shoks or some Cor Bon and be good. If it's that easy to get them, you know the legal factions are getting them too. The third, and my favorite kicker on this unresearched, not very well written proposal.

None of what you asked for is illegal. You asked for lasers and, sights, and extended mags. I guess a suppressor could fall under "all types of other stuff" but I'm not really going to include it since you didn't and given the content above, I'm almost 100% positive you have no idea what the process is to get a suppressor. And that's okay. But you should also understand that it's not as simple as ordering it off the internet.

So I support the distribution of some attachments. But to make the claim that every banger is carrying around some souped up piece with all that on it, it's incorrect. Does it happen? Sure. Is it the norm? Absolutely not. I reverse image searched both of those images you posted. And I realize you might have got them from discord but they both hit back with a big presence on tumblr. Tumblr is not a good place to do your research.

This. All of this. 

Speaking on my personal opinion.

I'm all for attachments and giving people the option as long as it is realistic and if I am not mistaken they already would like to implement them. I disagree that most modern guns in LA look like these though, especially street guns which are dumped though, even if people post things on social media with those kinds. I don't think that realistically most gang members use firearms like those in most crimes. I would like to see this system expanded if possible though and make it accessible for people to choose to have something like a laser or optic, since they are freely sold in the USA and I do think that it would be nice especially for those who RP around firearms a lot to have the option with no real downsides as long as it is done reasonably.

I don't think we need to introduce ammo types, its un-needed and realistically everyone is just going to get the ammo which does more damage for the sake of it doing more damage, even if it is much much more expensive like in real life. I don't think that this suggestion coming from the place of wanting to beat automatic rifles without equivalent firepower is a good idea, when it should be implement the parts for immersion with the relevant rarity, nor would realistically hollow points even be great for piercing kevlar we rply wear.

Edited by Odin
58 minutes ago, RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD said:

It's not just more realistic to have those types of attachments but this also gives gang roleplayers the chance to actually win a shootout against a LSPD officer with a Carbine Rifle. 

Attachments do not make a firearm more powerful nor do they increase the skill of the shooter. They give miniscule advantages that untrained folk (Your average gangbanger) are not going to be able to capitalize on in the first place. Most of the firearms in LA are going to be .22lr dump guns or cheap Hi-points. Glocks are expensive, Gucci Glocks are even more expensive. 

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

nor would realistically hollow points even be great for piercing kevlar we rply wear.

Hollowpoints are straight ass for penetrating Kevlar or Plates.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic