Unrealistic Portrayal / Owning Houses in Poor Areas

aldo

10 hours ago, El Ghetto Man said:

They should start utilizing the houses and apartments on the West/North side of the city.

Please no, we have enough issue as it is with our own apartments. 

0c32a57693a018615e67d162d44472d7.jpg

The apartments above "Cougar Avenue" are shitty 45k apartments with a motel room interior by default. It's heavily controlled by a gang along with the rest of Morningwood yet we have dozens of people living in those apartments while owning multiple cars worth 5 times what the apartment is. It's frustrating, especially as you grow. We're at a point where we basically have to have a waiting listen for our new members where we have to notify them when a property become available. There are plenty of places on the map which accommodate the needs of legal RPers and mallrats. The lowest income apartments are not it.

This is just another issue that will continue to kill illegal RP until it's addressed.

Just now, Henning said:

Please no, we have enough issue as it is with our own apartments. 

0c32a57693a018615e67d162d44472d7.jpg

The apartments above "Cougar Avenue" are shitty 45k apartments with a motel room interior by default. It's heavily controlled by a gang along with the rest of Morningwood yet we have dozens of people living in those apartments while owning multiple cars worth 5 times what the apartment is. It's frustrating, especially as you grow. We're at a point where we basically have to have a waiting listen for our new members where we have to notify them when a property become available. There are plenty of places on the map which accommodate the needs of legal RPers and mallrats. The lowest income apartments are not it.

This is just another issue that will continue to kill illegal RP until it's addressed.

Shit that pretty much adds some more validity to my points if I'm being honest, this is even a problem on the west side of the city. You'd think that most players would have enough common sense to where they'd buy a house or apartment that's realistic for their sports car driving character, and not move into an area where gangs operate frequently.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
4 minutes ago, aldo said:

Yes but a lower-income house isnt rented out by 10 different strangers at the same time.

But yes if the rent rule is enforced and landlords are forced to stop renting out the room/house after the capacity has already been reached then it makes stashing items in the house possible. Which is a very good start for this.

The new system prevents owners from renting out units to an excessive amount of tenants. Report the players that fail to abide by this guideline.

1 hour ago, Late said:

Some dude who belongs in Rockford hills CAN'T get a house in Rockford hills due to the ridiculous house request requirements system. So the only alternative IC and OOCly is to move to a less desirable area. If enough people move to said area who don't "belong" there, then the area isn't so much a ghetto anymore it's becoming rejuvenated as per my original post.

This is poor logic though and insinuates the player's OOC needs over the realistic needs of their character. Some dude who belongs in Rockford Hills wouldn't live in the ghetto. I lived in South Florida in between Boca Raton and West Palm Beach. You wouldn't catch people who are from the rich part of Boca Raton DEAD in a house in the lower income / project / ghetto areas. It just wouldn't happen. Not when they still have the money to live elsewhere. The OOC issue of housing being limited doesn't justify someone completely abandoning their character portrayal, being so desperate to go live in a gang territory. That makes absolutely zero sense.

Edited by Saidin

People with fancy import/domestic cars don't commute from South Central to Downtown LA for their 9 to 5's IRL, and it shouldn't happen in the server. Some restrictions should be applied to these low-income areas for the sake of faction immersion and character portrayal, because it's outrageous to see gang members living in rich areas but the opposite's completely fine and not policed by the admins simply because the people abusing this system don't belong to a faction. This is part of the RPG mentality that plagues civilian RP. Sadly, reporting this stuff rarely changes anything, and until some kind of large scale RP quality enforcement happens we'll continue to see it.

Don't let the "It's an IC situation" argument fool you. The people doing this have zero intent in RPing any of the aspects of living in a place like South Central. They only need a cheap address, a garage or maybe something to remap to flip/rent to increase their asset count. There's no 'IC' angle to this, it's clearly an OOC issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Edited by Gryphboi
spacing
Just now, El Ghetto Man said:

Shit that pretty much adds some more validity to my points if I'm being honest, this is even a problem on the west side of the city. You'd think that most players would have enough common sense to where they'd buy a house or apartment that's realistic for their sports car driving character, and not move into an area where gangs operate frequently.

Let's not give these people too much credit. They don't give a fuck about realism.

For them they want the least expensive apartment available so that they have the maximum amount of money they can use on a super car or a night club. I'd say it's more of an issue on the west side then it is on the south side. At least a large chunk of people avoid the southside out of fear of the gangs and shit. People have tried to tell me Morningwood was a retirement community even though it's had gangs since the original eMe back in 2017.

I used to dabble in the house market but 1 thing I never did was try and buy a house in the ghetto, simply because my character has no business being there and she is terrified of even going to Davis' dealership.

If someone that is wealthy, or generally doesn't fit to be in the area, they shouldn't purchase a property there just to flip it. I would understand if it's a person that grew up in the rougher areas and trying to make it as a Realtor, but someone that lives in Mirror Park or Vespucci shouldn't be investing in Davis, that's just me though.

Let the people that live in these areas do their thing. Your wealthy character (if wealth has been obtained the legal way) shouldn't be investing in project houses/apartments. A business I could see, perhaps as a silent partner, but not houses.