Unrealistic Portrayal / Owning Houses in Poor Areas

aldo

2 minutes ago, Late said:

This is what happens when half the houses in the game are locked behind a request system that has been closed for weeks. We need LESS restriction, not more. This is simply the IC property market reacting to the housing crisis. People want HOUSES not apartments. 

If rich people are moving into shit areas then surely those places are becoming rejuvenated neighborhoods and that's an IC problem your poor gang character will have to deal with no? 

Yeah because some dude who belongs in Rockford hills moving into Grove Street where he could be shot and killed is totally 100% IC.

Just now, El Ghetto Man said:

Yeah because some dude who belongs in Rockford hills moving into Grove Street where he could be shot and killed is totally 100% IC.

Why does every one believe that all owners are LIVING inside these households? What if they are landlords?

I don't know ANY ONE, in the hood, any more, that OWNS any property.

Edited by DLimit

Some dude who belongs in Rockford hills CAN'T get a house in Rockford hills due to the ridiculous house request requirements system. So the only alternative IC and OOCly is to move to a less desirable area. If enough people move to said area who don't "belong" there, then the area isn't so much a ghetto anymore it's becoming rejuvenated as per my original post.

Edited by Late
Just now, DLimit said:

Why does every one believe that all owners are LIVING inside these households? What if they are landlords?

Because it's pretty lame bruh, I don't wanna rent from some rich giuy, I wanna own a house that I can rp in without paying ridiculous rent prices every week.

Just now, Late said:

Some dude who belongs in Rockford hills CAN'T get a house in Rockford hills due to the ridiculous house request requirements system. So the only alternative IC and OOCly is to move to a less desirable area. If enough people move to said area who don't "belong" there, then the area isn't so much a ghetto anymore it's becoming rejuvenated as per my original post.

There's hundreds of apartments with luxurious interiors all over Los Santos, I don't see how it's gang rpers' fault that they want houses and not apartments, not everyone lives in a house irl in fact the vast majority of people in modern LA live in apartments lmao.

And no, the ghetto isn't becoming 'rejuvinated' or whatever you say, it's literally filled with over 20 gangs., it's not an IC issue, it's an OOC one. These people realistically wouldn't dare set foot in the ghetto.

4 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

Because it's pretty lame bruh, I don't wanna rent from some rich giuy, I wanna own a house that I can rp in without paying ridiculous rent prices every week.

It's realism, though... most gang bangers, in the present, bang to pay rent and food bills.

Imagine having to undergo severe acts of desperatism for survival... begging the landlord to not evict you, promising to pay him his rent one week late, in order to conduct an armed robbery to pay for your rent.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, DLimit said:

It's realism, though... most gang bangers, in the present, bang to pay rent and food bills.

Doesn't matter whatsoever. I'm not here to simulate what I do irl (Renting a house) Im here to roleplay a fucking poor resident of a ghetto neighborhood. I'd rather own a house than rent it from some rich moron who farmed all his money so he could buy houses in the ghetto and flip them for ridiculous prices like 300-350k.. Period.

Edited by El Ghetto Man

Doesn't matter whatsoever. I\m not here to simulate what I do irl (Renting a house) Im here to roleplay a fucking poor resident of a ghetto neighborhood. I'd rather own a house than rent it from some rich moron who farmed all his money so he could buy houses in the ghetto and flip them for ridiculous prices like 300-350k.. Period.

"Doesn't matter whatsoever. I\m not here to simulate what I do irl (Renting a house) Im here to roleplay a fucking poor resident of a ghetto neighborhood."

THAT'S THE HOOD, BRO. Welcome to the real life of a lower-income family that's struggling to pay the bills. Mom's too strung out to pay the bills? Dad got laid off? Guess what? You're slanging to pay the bills.

Been doing that since I was 13 when I was banging. Just saying.

Edited by DLimit

There's hundreds of apartments with luxurious interiors all over Los Santos, I don't see how it's gang rpers' fault that they want houses and not apartments, not everyone lives in a house irl in fact the vast majority of people in modern LA live in apartments lmao.

And no, the ghetto isn't becoming 'rejuvinated' or whatever you say, it's literally filled with over 20 gangs., it's not an IC issue, it's an OOC one. These people realistically wouldn't dare set foot in the ghetto.

I didn't say it was your fault. Did I not call out the ridiculous house request system? Everyone wants to own houses. The problem is half of the middle class houses are locked away and inaccesable so people are searching for alternatives.

The one house on Del Roystein's BLVD that's closest to the PD, isn't as ghetto as the one on Grove Street so someone who can't find a house else where might by it. It's on the corner, it's 2 blocks or so away from the heart of the ghetto it isn't that dangerous. Another peson see's the white man in the house on the corner nearest the PD, so he buys the house next door to him. Then slowly over time more "rich" people move in. That's what I mean by becoming rejuvenated.

Don't feel so personally attacked, I was just explaining what is/will happen if houses aren't opened up to the free market. I don't think reserving houses for "gangs" is the right way to go, as we need less restrictions. 

As a side note, the only places Habeeb has been threatened just for walking on the street is Mirror Park and the "safe" neighbourhoods lol. 

Just now, DLimit said:

"Doesn't matter whatsoever. I\m not here to simulate what I do irl (Renting a house) Im here to roleplay a fucking poor resident of a ghetto neighborhood."

THAT'S THE HOOD, BRO. Welcome to the real life of a lower-income family that's struggling to pay the bills.

I dunno why ur defending mallrats running around and buying rundown homes in ghetto neighbourhoods only to furnish them to be 'luxury interiors' and sell them for 400k. It's retarded and needs to stop, period.