Unrealistic Portrayal / Owning Houses in Poor Areas

aldo

54 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

I don't see why properties should be reserved if they are available without you needing to go in through house requests.

They shouldn't be reserved, but properties need to be monitored more closely. No sane person with a considerable amount of money would go into Davis and own a home there just for the sake of owning it. It's a poor area. They are just taking advantage of the fact that housing in-game is high in demand and hold on to them until they can sell them for profit. Sure there's the inactivity script, but that doesn't always work when people log in to reset it. You can't tell me it doesn't happen. I know you're going to say report them and we do. Problem is PM is extremely short staffed and super busy and these things fall by the way side. If they did a sweep in Davis, I bet they'd find people with a considerable amount of assets owning these homes with no reason or justification to do so.

TLDR: It makes absolutely no sense for a wealthy character to own several houses in south LS simply because, those are poor underdeveloped areas, holding less value to actual moguls and businessmen. And people who own them are chain renting, which is fine, but also rather weird.

Edited by Engelbert

Honestly they shouldn't have enabled people to house flip to begin with. I understand that it's a legitimate business but in a server with limited housing and housing requests that are sparsely open, it shouldn't be allowed. Although I can imagine it being hard to regulate as well with such a small team. I still think they should just do a huge sweep and I think people would be surprised how many people are just hoarding houses lol.

Edited by Saidin

This is what happens when half the houses in the game are locked behind a request system that has been closed for weeks. We need LESS restriction, not more. This is simply the IC property market reacting to the housing crisis. People want HOUSES not apartments. 

If rich people are moving into shit areas then surely those places are becoming rejuvenated neighborhoods and that's an IC problem your poor gang character will have to deal with no? 

Edited by Late
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Engelbert said:

TLDR: It makes absolutely no sense for a wealthy character to own several houses in south LS simply because, those are poor underdeveloped areas, holding less value to actual moguls and businessmen. And people who own them are chain renting, which is fine, but also rather weird.

You'd be surprised... despite being less profitable, individuals will own lower-income places to rent them out based on the sole notion that they are always in demand. You'll attain a higher probably of attaining a tenant in a poorer neighborhood than in a wealthier neighborhood simply because their is a larger supply of lower-income members within society that are willing to rent something affordable.