Unrealistic Portrayal / Owning Houses in Poor Areas

aldo

I get you but the only solution I see is to put all houses on the free market. Rich people will leave, lower middle class will take over MIrror Park etc and then Ranch/Davis will be left for the working class as it should be.

On the topic of renovating houses in the ghetto i'm NOT TRYING to be a dick here either but that does happen. 

https://www.ziprealty.com/property/192-Olmstead-Dr-Sacramento-CA-95838/9160528/detail?src=list

That's a pretty nice house until you realize it's in the worst area in Saracamento and other houses in the street have bars on their windows and there's daily shootings etc etc. I used to live in Sacramento so I know how it is down there. It's not desirable to live there at all, BUUUT now imagine you're on an Island with a FINITE amount of houses, there's no where else. It's affordable, the house it's self is nice, would you take the risk and say fuck it and buy it anyway? Might. Some people might... 

- OPEN ALL HOUSES!

Edited by Late

What needs to happen is:

Ban real estate agencies or realtor rpers from buying up houses in these areas to flip them for profit, as that's something common i've seen as it's profitable.

Ban people from having unrealistically high-class interiors in some shitty house in grove st or brouge, which makes no sense.

Lower cost for these houses from 3x market value + furni fee to 2x market value + furni fee instead.

Specify somewhere in the server rules that it is unrealistic portrayal to be a rich character in the hood, have harsher punishments for this since it is immersion breaking seeing 9f cabrios that cost like 350,000 parked outside of the davis gas station. If possible specify that this isn't allowed through a question in the server application, as it's usually new players doing this.

This is all server management can do to fix this problem, IMO. And is what needs to happen. I know people will say "Just report it to roleplay quality management", but it happens all the time, it is not our job to continously report instead of reporting. There were literally like 10 sportscars during the riots that happened in davis, people that do shit like that should get punished by losing assets.

Just now, DLimit said:

Continue to file reports. Eventually, all of the players will be removed and better examples will be made for future references.

Yeah idk about that mate but i'll take ur word for it. Either way, something still needs to be done about the unrealism. I'm all for renting from someone, but I've had pretty retarded experiences with landlords in the past on this server, so I'm pretty hesitant these days to even indulge in said roleplay.  I'd much prefer own a house and RP it how I'd like to, than have to follow another man's rules and risk being /evicted without rp at any point.

I'm sure the vast majority of rpers in the ghetto would much rather do that as well, especially those that lead factions and require houses to use as stash spots & roleplay points. 

Adding on to that, I generally stash all of my stuff in the same house my char lives in, and I'm not particularly comfortable using a rentable house as a stash spot, I've had my stashes taken with minimal roleplay and it was still considered valid by the admin who responded, hence why I'm so against renting from people.

If you're leading a faction and have no home in the area, you've quite literally just gotta stand on the street all day with a bunch of shit on your person, and imo it gets pretty irritating to most players.

1 minute ago, El Ghetto Man said:

Yeah idk about that mate but i'll take ur word for it. Either way, something still needs to be done about the unrealism. I'm all for renting from someone, but I've had pretty retarded experiences with landlords in the past on this server, so I'm pretty hesitant these days to even indulge in said roleplay.  I'd much prefer own a house and RP it how I'd like to, than have to follow another man's rules and risk being /evicted without rp at any point.

I'm sure the vast majority of rpers in the ghetto would much rather do that as well, especially those that lead factions and require houses to use as stash spots & roleplay points. 

Adding on to that, I generally stash all of my stuff in the same house my char lives in, and I'm not particularly comfortable using a rentable house as a stash spot, I've had my stashes taken with minimal roleplay and it was still considered valid by the admin who responded, hence why I'm so against renting from people.

If you're leading a faction and have no home in the area, you've quite literally just gotta stand on the street all day with a bunch of shit on your person, and imo it gets pretty irritating to most players.

Well, with the new rules regarding renting households? Landlords have tor REALISTICALLY rent out properties to tenants. Meaning? Two-bedroom households will have enough people for two bedrooms, maybe even a couch, if realistic. Also, landlords are expected to provide sufficient R.P. before evicting tenants. My character provides tenants with 1 extra week to pay their rent past the monthly due date, as long as it's not a habit. One two-bedroom apartment? I'll rent it to a maximum of four people (two COUPLES) and a minimum of one person.

Report landlords that do not R.P. this properly... trust me... My character goes far enough to support the victim of any theft, as it both provides the tenant with the ability to regain his/her items while also allowing the landlord to capitalize on the breach of contract.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Late said:

I get you but the only solution I see is to put all houses on the free market. Rich people will leave, lower middle class will take over MIrror Park etc and then Ranch/Davis will be left for the working class as it should be.

On the topic of renovating houses in the ghetto i'm NOT TRYING to be a dick here either but that does happen. 

https://www.ziprealty.com/property/192-Olmstead-Dr-Sacramento-CA-95838/9160528/detail?src=list

That's a pretty nice house until you realize it's in the worst area in Saracamento and other houses in the street have bars on their windows and there's daily shootings etc etc. I used to live in Sacramento so I know how it is down there. It's not desirable to live there at all, BUUUT now imagine you're on an Island with a FINITE amount of houses, there's no where else. It's affordable, the house it's self is nice, would you take the risk and say fuck it and buy it anyway? Might. Some people might... 

- OPEN ALL HOUSES!

Yeah bro it happens IRL, just like in the property listing you mentioned.

But the difference is that that renovation (although it looks quite nice and would likely be a relatively comfortable place to live in) is still far from the luxury interiors that I've seen some players create using the furniture system in the ghetto. If the places were modern, nice looking but still fit in with the atmosphere of the area, I'd be all for it bro,

In fact, I'd buy one of those houses from said player in a heart beat for w/e price they wanted.

Just now, El Ghetto Man said:

Yeah bro it happens IRL, just like in the property listing you mentioned.

But the difference is that that renovation (although it looks quite nice and would likely be a relatively comfortable place to live in) is still far from the luxury interiors that I've seen some players create using the furniture system in the ghetto. If the places were modern, nice looking but still fit in with the atmosphere of the area, I'd be all for it bro,

In fact, I'd buy one of those houses from said player in a heart beat for w/e price they wanted.

Agreed.

Nice studio apartment in Rancho... looks cheap yet has some decent furniture inside of it:

aR46BBx.png
PjqZYPC.png

I have always disliked it when people rush to buy a house in the ghetto, when their character drives some fancy ass car, and has four more parked in a parking lot somewhere ready to go to the next car meet or street race with his pimped out elegy. There is a property rule against this/discouraging people from it and I will more than gladly free up a house or two (if the report checks out) for those whose RP is essential in that part of the city, and do not have a property of their own. 

Feel free to report, and it could take a bit to go through the report but it may free up a house for your character/faction/both. 
WXv8M4s.png

@Late I disagree with unlocking houses for ALL. I'd rather nitpick who goes where based on their story/roleplay/admin history, rather than let anyone get it first. I promise you it'd create the same problem you see in South Los Santos. 

Edited by Bombie
1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Most lower-income communities rent locations, rather than "OWNING" them. In fact, 99% of the time, lower-income places ARE owned by wealthy individuals in the real-estate industry.

Yes but a lower-income house isnt rented out by 10 different strangers at the same time.

But yes if the rent rule is enforced and landlords are forced to stop renting out the room/house after the capacity has already been reached then it makes stashing items in the house possible. Which is a very good start for this.

Edited by aldo