The recent riots

xdthe

3 hours ago, Pillowy said:

I'm not trying to go down this route, I just thought it was an interesting point that got up about script limitations affecting IC actions. Something that's always been on my mind with how heavy the server is on the actual game mechanics n' all.

I agree, which is why I said in my other post that these script limitations and the knowledge of them plays into interactions, it's not a comment towards your statements or anything, to be clear.

• Upvote 1

Having previously wanted to see this play out organically after having a night with an LSFD perspective compared to tonight on the protestors side, it's time for this to stop IMO.

The "roleplay" (quotes because I wouldn't call it that) is just.. not what this community should strive for. Barely a cohesive sentence formed, lackluster roleplay looking for any excuse to attack someone and a really bad narrative being pushed by people making characters specifically to CK them to push their agenda.

Tonight was an eye opener and I'm glad the LSPD, LSFD and LSSD gave me the chance to look at this from a lawful characters perspective and provide some amazing roleplay that I'll remember fondly for a long time, because after being one of the protestors tonight, my opinion has changed dramatically and I feel this should come to an end by morning. 

The Roleplay of it is shit. The thing is I think everyone knew it would be. I dunno why there were people on the forum being like "Oh there should be a riot its so cool!" Because I knew nobody would RP it properly. People would use it as an excuse to DM, protestors and cops alike and so they did. As people have said in this thread its a very uncomfortable topic to RP and personal to a lot of people that needs to be treat with respect and isn't. Instead people are just running around with bats and smashing in cars and smashing up ambulances and running up to randoms and beating them down with zero RP about BLM or anti police or the death that happened or whatever just blatantly people using this opportunity to get away with causing havoc. Then the cops arent any better just opening fire on peaceful protesters or comlete randoms like what the fuck? Thats the response by them? Whip out some AK's and start mowing people down? This isn't Call of Duty. You'll have all seen the police brutality videos on twitter and the like during these protests and the controversy these have caused. This is just TEAR GAS and RUBBER BULLETS so imagine if LS was real, the shit coming out of that riot right now. Police just shooting paramedics in the head and shit, unleashing bullets upon bullets on a peaceful protest on the stairs of city hall because "Oh they said mean things to us! They threw insults." So you put a bullet between their eyes!? THATS meant to be good RP? There's a reason why this past day there's been a string of red admin text on my chat, the most punishments I've seen in a half hour span since I joined. Its because the RP isn't good because nobody can RP a rioter without acting dumb and nobody can RP a cop trying to control a riot without getting frustrated and acting like Rambo.

And for those saying "Oh so we're just mean to ignore stuff like COVID and the riots that happened and George Floyd? This is meant to be in America! Its super unrealistic to not acknowledge current events." Currect, and no you're not meant to ignore it but it doesn't mean you HAVE to be a part of it, America is huge and a lot of people can be unnaffected by these events and if you look at stuff like Facebrowser people are RPing it and acknowledging it and I think thats fine and I don't get why we had to go beyond acknowledgement to pretty much RPing The Purge? Because the arguments about BLM going on on Facebrowser IMO was far better when it came to "RPing current events, this is America we cant ignore American events" than a bunch of people running around with wrenches, smashing up vehicles and pummeling someone's face in until the cops roll up, whip out the shotties and blow their brains out, then start blowing the brains out of anyone photographing.

Very poor RP from both sides, because both sides don't actually wanna RP it, they wanna RP "wouldn't it be cool if there was a riot?" aka running around smashing shit up and harming people but getting no admin punishment consequences because "Oh I was just RPing and proesting, BLM and all that!" and same with police "Oh I was just defending myself ignore my shotgun that I blasted someones head off with"

Edited by CrunchyOnion
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Tsarna said:

So we are really going there? We are going to bring the protests and riots into game? We will call each other racists and fck each other up. One cop said the n-word and the other group thought "yesssss.. we are going to act on that and fck things up". 

You guys would not do it if it was not for the ooc things going on rn. I mean, didnt the admins say that people are here to have fun and get away from everyday worries - and yet some group thinks that they want to press this ooc thing on others - startimg burn down businesses, fuck up doctors, post daily ooc BLM messages on FaceBrowser, call people racist, et cetera. People ig are not real life police, ya know..

This will lead to a toxicity in the community which has never been seen before - already people take things ooc if you say anything which is not their viewpoint - calling oocly racist et cetera. 

Tbh - i do not like that all that they are trying to bring an ooc situation fully ig and overplay whwn one cop says something dumb. 

its not ooc bro there was a block party of like 30+ people happening and cops shot one of them, ofc it would turn into a riot. IDK about the randoms coming in their sportscars just to riot for fun but the original people doing it on covenant avenue actually had a decent reason, it's not like they planned it and did it because of the OOC riots like you are suggesting.

also kinda weird how people OOCly complain about protests happening because it "pushes an agenda"  so they dont wanna see it ingame but dont care when there's literal white power factions that have modded nazi tattoos on their chests and in their /attributes, both are IC stop crying

Edited by Shekh
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Shekh said:

also kinda weird how people OOCly complain about protests happening because it "pushes an agenda"  so they dont wanna see it ingame but dont care when there's literal white power factions that have modded nazi tattoos on their chests and in their /attributes, both are IC stop crying

This, its all IC the riot wasnt for some ooc thing. It happened all IC, ofc some dmers and trolls showed up, but they were dealt with.

1 hour ago, CrunchyOnion said:

The Roleplay of it is shit. The thing is I think everyone knew it would be. I dunno why there were people on the forum being like "Oh there should be a riot its so cool!" Because I knew nobody would RP it properly. People would use it as an excuse to DM, protestors and cops alike and so they did. As people have said in this thread its a very uncomfortable topic to RP and personal to a lot of people that needs to be treat with respect and isn't. Instead people are just running around with bats and smashing in cars and smashing up ambulances and running up to randoms and beating them down with zero RP about BLM or anti police or the death that happened or whatever just blatantly people using this opportunity to get away with causing havoc. Then the cops arent any better just opening fire on peaceful protesters or comlete randoms like what the fuck? Thats the response by them? Whip out some AK's and start mowing people down? This isn't Call of Duty. You'll have all seen the police brutality videos on twitter and the like during these protests and the controversy these have caused. This is just TEAR GAS and RUBBER BULLETS so imagine if LS was real, the shit coming out of that riot right now. Police just shooting paramedics in the head and shit, unleashing bullets upon bullets on a peaceful protest on the stairs of city hall because "Oh they said mean things to us! They threw insults." So you put a bullet between their eyes!? THATS meant to be good RP? There's a reason why this past day there's been a string of red admin text on my chat, the most punishments I've seen in a half hour span since I joined. Its because the RP isn't good because nobody can RP a rioter without acting dumb and nobody can RP a cop trying to control a riot without getting frustrated and acting like Rambo.

And for those saying "Oh so we're just mean to ignore stuff like COVID and the riots that happened and George Floyd? This is meant to be in America! Its super unrealistic to not acknowledge current events." Currect, and no you're not meant to ignore it but it doesn't mean you HAVE to be a part of it, America is huge and a lot of people can be unnaffected by these events and if you look at stuff like Facebrowser people are RPing it and acknowledging it and I think thats fine and I don't get why we had to go beyond acknowledgement to pretty much RPing The Purge? Because the arguments about BLM going on on Facebrowser IMO was far better when it came to "RPing current events, this is America we cant ignore American events" than a bunch of people running around with wrenches, smashing up vehicles and pummeling someone's face in until the cops roll up, whip out the shotties and blow their brains out, then start blowing the brains out of anyone photographing.

Very poor RP from both sides, because both sides don't actually wanna RP it, they wanna RP "wouldn't it be cool if there was a riot?" aka running around smashing shit up and harming people but getting no admin punishment consequences because "Oh I was just RPing and proesting, BLM and all that!" and same with police "Oh I was just defending myself ignore my shotgun that I blasted someones head off with"

Could not agree more - people who wanted to find an excuse to DM et cetera, have found one. They actually do not know about how riots begin and how to handle it, and this mainly because people are not OOC riot police, meaning one person can always make IC-ly some mistake, which THEN will be used from the other side to go berserk, and hammer/wrench everyone on sight, because this is what rioters do IRL also - hit people with hammers, et cetera, in their minds.

My exact problem with that is exactly that - people are using their OOC feelings or whatever, to project their issues to others. Example: the PD ig has always been the same and yet, nothing has happened so far. Now, all of a sudden, when people are drooling over watching real life riots in Youtube and other channels, they want to play Riot Simulator, because you actually do not need character development for that at all, just a hammer or a wrench.

If this would be more thought through and not taken from RL, it could be something good and organic (it clearly is not now, since people who are sharing OOC posts every single day about OOC movements, OOC killings are at the forefront) And demands - defund the cops? Seriously? 1:1 taken from RL. But right now, it is forced because some members of the community are having too much OOC feelings in it - and those should stay OOC. Mark my words - if it keeps going, the more toxic and violent it will become. And many of us want to escape from day to day issues into game, not bring it there with us. And that is exactly what the rioters are doing - everyone can see the TIMING of it all. 

Edited by Tsarna
  • Groz locked this topic