The recent riots

xdthe

We are offended because it is a game and we ALL are here to have, foremost, fun. When you start bringing some excuses from OOC world to push your agenda down our throats, then we can say "No - we do not want that!" 
There is enough information about that OOCly (in news, social media, coverage), et cetera - even here, in Estonia! So when I log into the game of Gta World (and I am not alone), then I do not want to see the same problems in there. It is okay, if ya find some IG excuse to riot - do that and be happy, smash peoples heads in, call them racists, whatever. But do not bring your OOC political agendas there. 

As a matter of fact - posting daily ooc information about some movements and taking some anger into the game, is in my opinion, also not okay. Keep that to OOC platforms, if you are eager to change something. 

• Applaud 1
32 minutes ago, arrdef said:

What's the big deal exactly about mentioning BLM / George Floyd at a protest around police brutality? It seems like several people take it as fact that it's "bad rp" to mention these, and I really don't get it.

What's the big deal? In GTA world, George never existed, same as Corona doesn't exist there, much like Los Santos isn't Los Angeles. Same reason why you don't see stuff like [BUYING] Mercedes G Brabus HMU.

Just now, arrdef said:

On which of Uranus' moons is LS located? @jcat

What other events didn't happen? The 2016 Election? The War on Terror?

LS is located in the GTA universe.  The 2016 Election didn't happen.  The War on Terror didn't happen.  COVID didn't happen.  Nothing that didn't happen on the GTAW server or in the GTA universe happened.  Instead, Jock Cranley happened.  North Yankton happened.  The rest of GTA's satire-world and satire-history happened.

If the playerbase needs a rule, staff, give a us a rule.  Then we'll all know how much OOC is considered IC, so we can rp accordingly.

• Upvote 2
Just now, jcat said:

LS is located in the GTA universe.  The 2016 Election didn't happen.  The War on Terror didn't happen.  COVID didn't happen.  Nothing that didn't happen on the GTAW server or in the GTA universe happened.  Instead, Jock Cranley happened.  North Yankton happened.  The rest of GTA's satire-world and satire-history happened.

If the playerbase needs a rule, staff, give a us a rule.  Then we'll all know how much OOC is considered IC, so we can rp accordingly.

It was said long time ago, that corona will not be roleplayed and BLM protests will not be roleplayed either. But honestly? People don't even know who Jock Cranley is. Also GTAW is in HD Universe which means main characters from any game installment....did not exist either.

Edited by Engelbert
2 minutes ago, sio said:

Ah yes, the famous OOC political agenda of "racism is bad"

Ohh.. is it that? Or is it BLM, defund the police, fuck white people? You do not need to start riots and bash people with bats and hamners to let us know that "racism is bad". Believe me, 90% of us know it already.  And I watched the stream of the riot for 10 minutes - it is not about that message, it is about hatred and anger, and get to beat people up and bash in some skulls, calling racist slurs at others, et cetera.

Edited by Tsarna
  • Groz locked this topic