The recent riots

xdthe

I genuinely thought it must have been admin-started but it's exciting that it wasn't. I love that it happened because of buildup and aggravating a gang in a low-income area. Maybe the use of the N-word without the hard R wouldn't be enough to instigate something like that on its own but it would be enough to tip it over like it did.

My Mexican character looks white so she was smacked with a bat, kicked, and almost robbed by a random rioter, but helped by one of the other gang members standing by and taken to the firefighters for help. It was chaotic and enthralling.

Something which I really enjoyed about the riots was the coming together of everyone. At first it was just a small group of black people at Covenant street, slowly but surely more and more people came together and rallied against the police. At the peak of the riots we had a solid 60 protestors going at it. Honestly one of the coolest and most memorable experiences I'll ever have,

1 hour ago, Wisci said:

Unsure if this was responded to, but most of the voided situations were due to poor roleplay / admin punishments.

For example, the two shootings at City Hall voided were due to someone intentionally instigated a fight by pulling a lethal melee weapon, changing character and coming back for round two. I don't know if this was to try to instigate more riots, just for fun with poor judgement or what.

The shooting he's talking about was the one involving Officer Rosario which was voided due to desync, I didn't agree and still don't with the decision because the whole event was brought on by the officer's wrecklessness, shooting in to a crowd of protesters while out of formation with his lethal in a scriptwise brawl he started when there was a line of officers behind him with rubber bullets and batons specifically for this type of situation but this isn't the thread for it. 

Luckily staff did an amazing job at keeping everything under control the rest of the night and I have to compliment them for not stepping in and squishing RP like this when with the current climate they'd be more than justified to give a no and shut it all down without a word.

12 minutes ago, jcat said:

People did at city hall.

Double post so yikes for me but nobody was protesting the treatment of George Floyd specifically IC, the name was mentioned when people were trying to get their point across which I feel is justified but in no way was the protests taking part in front of city hall started because of George Floyd.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST

People saying that it shouldn't have started over the N-word, clearly don't understand how easily a simple situation can turn ugly really fast. Plus, that was just the spark. The real issues started when people were shot at. I think the riot was perfectly reasonable to happen for those reasons and I certainly wish some things weren't voided, but it is what it is. It was the most engaging thing I've been a part of in a while. It was different. I hope that it's not discouraged in the future. Everyone just has to go in and understand that there will be issues with people getting worked up and a select few will make OOC mistakes. At that point, Admins will step in and correct it and the RP will resume. This was a great experience. 

Edited by Chief
Just now, BINGBONGGHOST said:

nobody was protesting the treatment of George Floyd specifically IC

Yelling justice for George Floyd IC is protesting the treatment of George Floyd IC.  It would've been so much better if people were yelling justice for the character that got shot in Davis.

The protests are for legit reasons. But how they were conducted were poor. I don't see where on earth firefighters and medicals teams would be attacked. This makes me think that the protests diverted from an IC standpoint, to just RPG fun.

Just now, Gambler said:

I don't see where on earth firefighters and medicals teams would be attacked.

That's normal irl.

Just now, Gambler said:

the protests diverted from an IC standpoint, to just RPG fun.

Pretty much.

Just now, Gambler said:

The protests are for legit reasons. But how they were conducted were poor. I don't see where on earth firefighters and medicals teams would be attacked. This makes me think that the protests diverted from an IC standpoint, to just RPG fun.

In real life, riots can go out of hand and bystanders do get hurt. It's not unrealistic, mob mentality exists.

• Groz locked this topic