The recent riots

xdthe

Just now, Jedai said:

In general this statement is false. In the situation? I can get why it would make some people mad but I don't really think it should be used as the crux to start attacking law enforcement, otherwise, Riot and people roleplaying around it looked fine to me. 

It isn't really, if you say it in front of a group of 20 aggregated African american males in 2020 especially. Again I can't blame you, you may be from somewhere else and you don't get it.

Edited by Jola
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Jola said:

It isn't really, if you say it in front of a group of 20 aggregated African american males in 2020 especially. Again I can't blame you, you may be from somewhere else and you don't get it.

I'm black and my local PD is the NYPD. If you read what I said, "In this situation" people can be mad but it shouldn't of been used as the main crux to then ATTACK the Police. There were way more things that I seen occur that would of justified it. The year is irrelevant when the past 20 years have had enough Police brutality going on and I've met Officers who are minorities who've used the word without incident in more casual settings. Hence my point of, "In this situation." In the climate of the situation, an IC mistake was made and then a bigger IC mistake was made on part of the protesters but the joy of it, it's IC. I don't necessarily agree on the part of the protesters but people have attacked the Police for less so it's not a big deal. Otherwise like I stated before, the Riot itself was fine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

Wow, thank you for that comprehensive and well thought out argument which exactly addressed all my concerns. Consider my eyes opened! 

You're clearly butt hurt about the situation, I'm sorry that you didn't get to do a couple shoot outs, chases and traffic stops while the riots were going on.

Like did you just expect them to say OKAY HES BLACK THATS THE HOMIE and dap him up? 

Edited by Jola

lot of people scrolling weapons out of their ass, lot of people spam clicking everywhere. some of the administrative action was questionable to say the least but im sure they’ll review that stuff. 

overall i found it very enjoyable roleplay, just wished some of my fellow roleplayers roleplayed better both cops and protestors 

Didn’t attend or witness the riots myself but heard about them ICly and had some role play about specifically avoiding them and making use of the fact that PD and SD were busy at them. Only thing that stood out to me though was that an FD station was burned which seemed like a really odd and questionable choice. 

1 hour ago, SugarDavis said:

The fact of the matter is that a black-mexican cop made soft use of the N word and people freaked out and started brawling and assaulting cops with dangerous/deadly weapons. That is absolutely garbage quality RP and only furthers a notion that people who RP as black can continue to pedal shitty stereotypes of black people via the characters they control. There's a common trend on this server that people who RP in Davis as black characters seem to think all black people do is say the N word, yell "fuck the police", and act violent. I don't know about others, but every experience I've had with a black character in Davis/Strawberry has left me leaving the interaction thinking OOCly "has that person ever even interacted with a black person?" because all they did was push stereotypes. The brawl on Covenant street, and then the later on riots, did nothing to improve those feelings.

Sad part is, he's not wrong. Majority of people, old & new view people who RP in davis that way. It's a stigma that once applied, is next to impossible to erase.

• Thanks 1

So we are really going there? We are going to bring the protests and riots into game? We will call each other racists and fck each other up. One cop said the n-word and the other group thought "yesssss.. we are going to act on that and fck things up". 

You guys would not do it if it was not for the ooc things going on rn. I mean, didnt the admins say that people are here to have fun and get away from everyday worries - and yet some group thinks that they want to press this ooc thing on others - startimg burn down businesses, fuck up doctors, post daily ooc BLM messages on FaceBrowser, call people racist, et cetera. People ig are not real life police, ya know..

This will lead to a toxicity in the community which has never been seen before - already people take things ooc if you say anything which is not their viewpoint - calling oocly racist et cetera. 

Tbh - i do not like that all that they are trying to bring an ooc situation fully ig and overplay whwn one cop says something dumb. 

Just now, Kenshi Haroku said:

Sad part is, he's not wrong. Majority of people, old & new view people who RP in davis that way. It's a stigma that once applied, is next to impossible to erase.

Same with the stigma of the LSPD I guess we'll just have to live with it.

Just now, Tsarna said:

So we are really going there? We are going to bring the protests and riots into game? We will call each other racists and fck each other up. One cop said the n-word and the other group thought "yesssss.. we are going to act on that and fck things up". 

You guys would not do it if it was not for the ooc things going on rn. I mean, didnt the admins say that people are here to have fun and get away from everyday worries - and yet some group thinks that they want to press this ooc thing on others - startimg burn down businesses, fuck up doctors, post daily ooc BLM messages on FaceBrowser, call people racist, et cetera. People ig are not real life police, ya know..

This will lead to a toxicity in the community which has never been seen before - already people take things ooc if you say anything which is not their viewpoint - calling oocly racist et cetera. 

Tbh - i do not like that all that they are trying to bring an ooc situation fully ig and overplay whwn one cop says something dumb. 

my guy, we have white power factions open right now on the server with nazi signs in their OOC topics and nobody gives a shit, if you want to talk about racism start with that.

• Groz locked this topic