Insurance rate raised for bad driving

Pillsbury

32 minutes ago, Chief said:

@Pillsbury @Brett

What about approaching it from a driver’s license point of view as well? Combat it from both ends. Create a point system based on the amount / severity of citations just like in real life that eventually add up to you permanently losing your driver’s license, making it hard to get around legally. It could be added to the existing system PD uses.  Sure, you can drive without one, but there’s always a risk. I’d even venture to say that you could combine it with your idea and make insurance rise based on the amount of points on your driver’s license, making it more expensive to purchase and maintain a vehicle. Insurance companies place huge weight on your driving history, so it makes perfect sense to do it that way. 

Now you sir.. you are a god-sent. What a perfect way of pretty much merging everything into one? This is essentially the idea I was speaking to Brett about ant a few other people within the legal system. I also feel personally, points will be the only way to track it and allow for insurance to go up, PD/SD also gives citations in-game for certain criminal offenses, some that are not even traffic related. I love the idea ?

44 minutes ago, Chief said:

@Pillsbury @Brett

What about approaching it from a driver’s license point of view as well? Combat it from both ends. Create a point system based on the amount / severity of citations just like in real life that eventually add up to you permanently losing your driver’s license, making it hard to get around legally. It could be added to the existing system PD uses.  Sure, you can drive without one, but there’s always a risk. I’d even venture to say that you could combine it with your idea and make insurance rise based on the amount of points on your driver’s license, making it more expensive to purchase and maintain a vehicle. Insurance companies place huge weight on your driving history, so it makes perfect sense to do it that way. 

YEEESSS. THIS.

6 hours ago, Chief said:

@Pillsbury @Brett

Supported.

Definitely support this! It'd be another number that would need to be calculated in the insurance price workings out. Here in UK if you get tickets and points on your license your insurance goes up.

They could do it by having something like: insurance price x 1 = standard insurance insurance price x 1.5 = 1 warning and so on until evenutally the insurance becomes insanely high.

The people who like to say that there isn't an OOC problem with driving on the server often say that it's an IC problem. If it's an IC problem, then it demands an IC solution. And I think that what @Chief has suggested is a fantastic way to do that.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:16 AM, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

I like this

But it most likely won't be implemented because "it can ruin a character" even though they make their own choices. 

Same logic could go for someone when they join a faction and give CK permissions. Even though they make their own choices, a CK would obvious ruin the character. That is an accepted practice, however.

IC decisions have impacts on your character, so I feel this would be appropriate. If you rack up enough citations and/or points on your driver's license and end up losing their license, they could make excellent use of the taxi system, call a friend, or simply drive illegally. Things that can be taken all IC. I don't think this completely ruins your character, not like a CK would obviously.

Edited by Chief
2 hours ago, Chief said:

Same logic could go for someone when they join a faction and give CK permissions. Even though they make their own choices, a CK would obvious ruin the character. That is an accepted practice, however.

IC decisions have impacts on your character, so I feel this would be appropriate. If you rack up enough citations and/or points on your driver's license and end up losing their license, they could make excellent use of the taxi system, call a friend, or simply drive illegally. Things that can be taken all IC. I don't think this completely ruins your character, not like a CK would obviously.

You're comparing apples to oranges right now. A CK for joining a faction and a revoked license are far apart. What I meant in my initial post is, from the standpoint of the penal code, they're not interested in punishing people harshly for the decisions that they make.

An example of that and this isn't speculation is, and just happened to a case I was working in character. The highest charge we have for possession of narcotics is Drug Trafficking, and you need at least 75 grams of narcotics total. If you're caught with say 1200 grams of various drugs on your character, the PD/SD has to charge you the same as if you got caught with 75 grams. There's no multiple counts, which would be realistic IRL, there's a 20 day jail time cap so if you do all of this ignorant stuff and get caught, 20 days and you're done. RP in the jail and you've really cut your time down to 10 days. They're not interested in actually punishing people. And that's because "it can ruin the character and the jail isn't really fun to RP in."

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic