Rule about Entry fees.

Vash Baldeus

33 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

In the incident that took place here, the guard was not in the middle, nor was he blocking my way in any way. Neither of those guards mentioned a word about entry fee, not before nor after they checked my ID for adult age. Nor did anyone prior me in the line roleplay paying anything to anyone.

How am I supposed to know there's a fee, and how much if no one gives any signs (RP or say anything)? I am not a mind reader.

There’s ALWAYS been a fee to enter these places in-game, so why assume anything different? Just because they were taken away OOC’ly doesn’t change that fact. You can reasonably ascertain that there will be a fee, especially for a club. It’s common sense. Very rarely will you find one without it. If you've entered that club before and it had a door fee, unless they publicly announced in-character that there wouldn't be one, why would it be any different? Process has changed, sure, but taking away automatic entry fees was an OOC change, not an IC change. Your character should expect there to be an entry fee, as that has been the standard all the way up until now.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Anyway, if they can't place a sign with furniture, or just decide to do it inside, maybe they can use /createscene at the door to rp a sign with the price and avoid all this.

This is what I suggested earlier. A /createscene describing a sign with an entry fee would be a very easy solution.

Edited by Kestalas
2 hours ago, zaXer. said:

@Vash Baldeus you walked through this, the only difference was that ther was TWO guards, instead of one shown in the picture.

xPVz6Ep.jpg

What makes you think that you can walk around all the barries, avoid the guards (by pushing into them to make them move game-wise) and enter without doing absolutely anything RP wise? You got called out and kicked out of the place afterwards, then you whine here. 

Why?

Fucking LOL

Can we please keep administrators from OOC micromanaging businesses on the server? What happened to good old capitalism, let the market and the people decide. If a club with an entrance fee is a bad thing it won’t win from the clubs that do it differently. If it’s my business and I decide that I want an entrance fee it’s entirely up to me. If you don’t like it, take your business elsewhere. It is perfectly acceptable for a club to do this as they see fit. Whether this is outside or inside the club. 

Advanced issue found

7 hours ago, DanneBRE said:

Admins already confirmed you need to take payment outside the clubs/Bars.

This is not true, only one admin said this previously and it is now discussed. The official standpoint is this: 

Screenshot_20200421-152301_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 1

In terms of being realistic yeah the fees should be collected on the outside before even entering the club.

Also, in no way, shape or form does anyone need to STATE they've got entry fees. If you had been to anything that even resembles a club in real life you'd understand that fees are always charged and the price isn't always stated on a sign or anything like that.

Entry fees can change depending on the night too or the time. Some clubs are free before 11 which is open to anyone. That will be stated on their real life social media. Look up the information beforehand before you go to a club. LIKE THE REST OF US DO WHEN WE GO OUT IRL unless we've been to it like a million times before. 

11 hours ago, Shokkoth said:

Are you saying that you're going to a club and you dont expect to get charged?

When you walk into a bar and the bartender says 'Hows it going? Would you like a drink?' and you reply with a 'Yeah, i wouldn't mind a pint of heineken please!'. He then comes back carrying a pint and says 'There you go. That's going to be 4.99 please!' Do you pay him or do you shit on him for not mentioning the price in the first sentence?

This is a false equivalent.

10 hours ago, Sacred said:

it's an ic issue, why are u bringing this ooc? why should this be enforced as a rule break?

I'm pretty sure that Nervous himself kindly asked business owners to pay back the excess government pay a few days ago, I think that asking for the entry fee inside the business after they got the govbucks already shouldn't be allowed since they're not technically customers.

6 hours ago, Havana said:

I've definitely seen clubs & bars take the payment inside, at a little booth/front desk. Sometimes by either employees or bouncers/guards. And considering the gov bonus maxes out at 20k, it's unlikely that collecting it inside is even worth abusing. Collecting inside can also be a way to show off the interior & how busy/entertaining the place is, before you pay. So you don't pay $500 and walk into a disappointment.

20k can make a difference between making the bank and breaking the bank.

And clubs usually have the view of their club blocked before you pay, so you can't actually see what the club looks like.

3 hours ago, liafriuli said:

This is not true, only one admin said this previously and it is now discussed. The official standpoint is this: 

Screenshot_20200421-152301_Chrome.jpg

Regardless, if they charge an entry fee? Revoke their GOV 20k for 20 people who entered. Because why else they need it for, especially if their employees do /startshift and are paid by GOV.

Why? Because as long as a single person enters the place and exits less than 30 seconds in even without paying the entry-fee, the business owner gets the 20k from government after 20 total people ENTERED his business.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
16 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Regardless, if they charge an entry fee? Revoke their GOV 20k for 20 people who entered. Because why else they need it for, especially if their employees do /startshift and are paid by GOV.

Why? Because as long as a single person enters the place and exits less than 30 seconds in even without paying the entry-fee, the business owner gets the 20k from government after 20 total people ENTERED his business.

Absolutely not. Bartenders dont get the 4K government stipend so they still have to be paid by the bar owner. The bar script allows them to start shift for log keeping purposes and to access the script for drinks but that’s it. Also guards are employed by private security companies, they won’t be using /start shift either. 

Edited by Kestalas
Just now, Kestalas said:

Bartenders can’t start shift, so they still have to be paid by the bar owner. Also guards are employed by private security companies, they won’t be using /start shift either. 

Not all places, again, you can't have both. And act shady on-top? No. Should I remind you the abusers who abused the gov' payment when it was bugged? Just shows why they do those fees, also most if not all clubs doubled their entry fee for w/e reason, after the removal of the scripted entry fee.

Also, they can do start shift, if they are scriptwise HIRED by employer. Same applies to Guards.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • mj2002 locked this topic