Rule about Entry fees.

Vash Baldeus

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

Not all places, again, you can't have both. And act shady on-top? No. Should I remind you the abusers who abused the gov' payment when it was bugged? Just shows why they do those fees, also most if not all clubs doubled their entry fee for w/e reason, after the removal of the scripted entry fee.

Also, they can do start shift, if they are scriptwise HIRED by employer. Same applies to Guards.

Re-read my edited response. They can start shift with the bar script but it does not pay the 4K hourly stipend. It only allows them access to use the script to get drinks and create items. Therefore guards won’t get paid by the script either. The government bonus is there for a reason. The abusers all had to give the money back or got punished and that was only because of a bug. You make it seem like they could abuse it all the time, but when it’s fixed, they won’t be able to. 

Edited by Kestalas
3 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

Re-read my edited response. They can start shift with the bar script but it does not pay the 4K hourly stipend. It only allows them access to use the script to get drinks and create items. Therefore guards won’t get paid by the script either. 

I was hired at a SAUNA, without any scripts(bar or w/e) and was paid the 4k hourly by gov. Also care to explain why all clubs doubled their entrance fee after the scripted fee was removed? Cause right now, it is inflated, and no justification behind it. Unlike IRL where clubs promote free entry for women to balance out the gender game, or cheaper entry for women. Or better, one free drink with upon entry fee paid.

Otherwise I do not see a good enough reason for all this shady behavior.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
3 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I was hired at a SAUNA, without any scripts and was paid the 4k hourly. Also care to explain why all clubs doubled their entrance fee after the scripted fee was removed? Cause right now, it is inflated, and no justification behind it. Unlike IRL where clubs promote free entry for women to balance out the gender game, or cheaper entry for women. Or better, one free drink with upon entry fee paid.

Otherwise I do not see a good enough reason for all this shady behavior.

Then you were paid IC’ly from the owner, not the script. That was an IN-CHARACTER choice. I don’t see how that has anything to do with what we’re talking about. 

You’re still not grasping that this is an IC issue. If clubs want to charge double, that is not an OOC issue. This isn’t hard to understand. It’s not shady. It’s business. You have no grounds to tell them how to run their business. You don’t have to see a reason for it. Welcome to capitalism. Yeah it sucks that they did that, but it’s their business. They can do what they want with it. This is also the reason Nervous decided not to force businesses to collect fees outside their door, because it’s an IC issue. 

Edited by Kestalas
Just now, Kestalas said:

Then you were paid IC’ly from the owner, not the script. That was an IN-CHARACTER choice. I don’t see how that has anything to do with the bar script. 

You’re still not grasping that this is an IC issue. If clubs want to charge double, that is not an OOC issue. This isn’t hard to understand. It’s not shady. It’s business. You have no grounds to tell them how to run their business. You don’t have to see a reason for it. Welcome to capitalism. 

No, I actually got scripted messaged "Government pay 4,000". They want to entice people coming? Make it interesting, not shady.

4 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

No, I actually got scripted messaged "Government pay 4,000". They want to entice people coming? Make it interesting, not shady.

How is it shady? I agree it may not be smart business to double entry fees, but that doesn’t mean it’s shady.

You’re coming from an OOC position to suggest Admins intervene to force businesses to act a certain way. How do you not understand that’s wrong? That’s an IC government issue. That’s why we have an IC business code and business inspectors. Take it IC. 

Edited by Kestalas
Just now, Kestalas said:

How is it shady? I agree it may not be smart business to double entry fees, but that doesn’t mean it’s shady.

You’re coming from an OOC position to suggest Admins intervene to force businesses to act a certain way. How do you not understand that’s wrong? 

Because as it stands right now people do not understand that when you run a business your goal is to make profit and entice people come in not scare them away with hiding the fee until the very last moment.

8 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Because as it stands right now people do not understand that when you run a business your goal is to make profit and entice people come in not scare them away with hiding the fee until the very last moment.

It doesn’t sound like anyone else really was scared away besides you, since you were asked to leave. 

Again, up until now, your character has paid entry fees to pretty much every business in their world. Especially night clubs. Just because they were removed OOC’ly doesn’t mean anything from your characters point of view.

As far as your character knows, there is still an entry fee to businesses. Nothing has changed. There was no IC announcement from the government for a suspension of entry fees. You’re using OOC knowledge and assumed there would be no entry fee. That’s your fault, not anyone else’s. 

Edited by Kestalas
6 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

Again, up until now, your character has paid entry fees to pretty much every business in their world. Especially night clubs. Just because they were removed OOC’ly doesn’t mean anything from your characters point of view.

As far as your character knows, there is still an entry fee to businesses. There was no IC announcement of a suspension of entry fees. You’re using OOC knowledge and assumed there would be no entry fee. That’s your fault, not anyone else’s. 

The difference, that fee you were notified about it along with sum before you even ENTER. I expect people to adhere to some realism, a person does not have to go through a while ID check process and not being blocked, passes on and then shouted at for not paying without being told about it. As I said IC I can not know if there is an entrance fee, when there is no signs, employees fail to notify me or I don't see anyone else in the LINE ahead of just show ID and enter without paying (maybe they did, but without ANY RP)

Edited by Vash Baldeus
1 minute ago, Vash Baldeus said:

The difference, that fee you were notified about it along with sum before you even ENTER. I expect people to adhere to some realism, a person does not have to go through a while ID check process and not being blocked, passes on and then shouted at for not paying without being told about it. As I said IC I can not know if there is an entrance fee.

This is an in-character problem, I don’t know how else to say it. If the guards didn’t disclose the fee, that is not a problem to be remedied by an OOC rule. It’s for the government to enforce. That’s why there is a business code and rules for businesses to adhere to IC’ly. Make a formal IC complaint about the business to the government / licensing officials. Then they can investigate it properly. 

Edited by Kestalas
Just now, Kestalas said:

This is an in-character problem, I don’t know how else to say it. If the guards didn’t disclose the fee, that is not a problem to be remedied by an OOC rule. It’s for the government to enforce. That’s why there is a business code and rules for businesses to adhere to IC’ly.

Edited my message, you've missed it.. I think.

As I said IC I can not know if there is an entrance fee, when there is no signs, employees fail to notify me or I don't see anyone else in the LINE ahead of just show ID and enter without paying (maybe they did, but without ANY RP)

Anyway, I still believe the way should be changed on how business charge their entry fee. For example, charging uhm.. 600$ for VIP after you already paid entry, give me an example of an advantage to VIP versus regular seats.. Because most places in town, 0 incentive, IRL you get private bar, or sound proof room to have your music of choice in there.. etc.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • mj2002 locked this topic