Rule about Entry fees.

Vash Baldeus

Just now, Jeroen said:

Businesses should clearly state outside of the club the entry fee, why do I think they should?

Because businesses earn money if someone enters through the government, even if they're halted by a guard asking them to pay.

The script counts them as a customer and the club gets paid, even if they're turned away mere meters inside the club.

You guys threaten this topic as a potential exploit opportunity but you are wrong.

The clubs will earn $20,000 government money every single night, no matter what. An average (not good!) night 30 people enters the club easily. Does it really matter if two-three people leave the club? Even if 30 percent of the incomers leave the club, the club still doesn't earn a single penny on the leavers. Nobody can exploit this in a way to make extra money. And I speak about an average, ad-hoc opening, not something we advertise in advance. 

Edited by liafriuli
Just now, liafriuli said:

You guys threaten this topic as a potential exploit opportunity but you are wrong.

The clubs will earn $20,000 government money every single night, no matter what. An average (not good!) night 30 people enters the club easily. Does it really matter if two-three people leave the club? Even if 30 percent of the incomers leave the club, the club still doesn't earn a single penny on the leavers. Nobody can exploit this in a way to make extra money. And I speak about an average, ad-hoc opening, not something we advertise in advance. 

Because this:

7 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Businesses should clearly state outside of the club the entry fee, why do I think they should?

Because businesses earn money if someone enters through the government, even if they're halted by a guard asking them to pay.

The script counts them as a customer and the club gets paid, even if they're turned away mere meters inside the club.

People should at the very least see a notice saying "Paid Entry", the price asking.. could be done inside or outside. The issue is no transparency about the entry being a charged thing.

29 minutes ago, liafriuli said:
  • You can ask the guards.
  • You can ask the business owner.
  • You can message the business on Facebroswer.
  • You can ask about it from your friends.
  • You can ask it from anybody who went in previously.
  • You can check the posters made for Facebrowser (many businesses do that).

And even after these options you can still say no if you find the few hundred bucks too much for the venue. Nobody points a gun to your head to pay. This suggestion comes from your personal frustration but this is something you can (and you should) handle in-character in my pov.

Legally in most states, it’s required to have a conspicuous sign stating the cover charge for an establishment. Whether there are other options, it should be done regardless. I do agree it’s an IC issue though. The LS government should be able to enforce this through their business inspectors.

Edited by Kestalas

Most clubs dont actually display the entrance fee outside. 

You either need to ask the bouncers or go to the actual ticket booth or however they work their entrance system. This is for the simple reason that you're more likely to pay the fee once you're already in there.

As for the suggestion... looks like someone got butthurt because they didnt get a free entry. Handle it IC and dont tell people OOC how to run their business....  if they want to charge 5k entry and display the pricing on the roof that's fine with me, because its their business lol

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Shokkoth said:

Most clubs dont actually display the entrance fee outside. 

You either need to ask the bouncers or go to the actual ticket booth or however they work their entrance system. This is for the simple reason that you're more likely to pay the fee once you're already in there.

As for the suggestion... looks like someone got butthurt because they didnt get a free entry. Handle it IC and dont tell people OOC how to run their business....  if they want to charge 5k entry and display the pricing on the roof that's fine with me, because its their business lol

I was not me not getting free entry, or the amount they asked for, it was the Way they asked for it. Their guards check your ID, then assume you know the $ to pay. If they would say a fucking word, like they should the argument IC would not have happened.

Either way, a sign "Paid Entry" is enough to let someone know he needs money to enter. Also Ticket booths usually have the fee for a ticket on display.

Are you saying that you're going to a club and you dont expect to get charged?

When you walk into a bar and the bartender says 'Hows it going? Would you like a drink?' and you reply with a 'Yeah, i wouldn't mind a pint of heineken please!'. He then comes back carrying a pint and says 'There you go. That's going to be 4.99 please!' Do you pay him or do you shit on him for not mentioning the price in the first sentence? You are obviously going to get charged. If you dont realize that then you can ask 'Hey, will i have to pay for that drink? If so, how much?' same goes for the club entry. 'Hey, is it free entry?' 'How much is the fee?' if you dont ask you cant expect someone to go out of their way to tell you. And once they do tell you that its not free entry you can just say 'Oh shit i didnt realize it costs money to run a club and i need to pay to use their services. Ill just run around the city hoping i can get free shit. Thanks though!' and then you turn around and be on your way. 

Or you could come on the forums and complain that someone doesnt do things the way you want them to, even though you have no say it in because once again its their business. There's a club in Paleto that often hosts cool events and costume competitions. Are you going to come here and complain that it involves buying a mask for 5k and there should be a rule against it? SMH

Edited by Shokkoth
Just now, Shokkoth said:

Are you saying that you're going to a club and you dont expect to get charged?

When you walk into a bar and the bartender says 'Hows it going? Would you like a drink?' and you reply with a 'Yeah, i wouldn't mind a pint of heineken please!'. He then comes back carrying a pint and says 'There you go. That's going to be 4.99 please!' Do you pay or him do you shit on him for not mentioning the price in the first sentence? You are obviously going to get charged. If you dont realize that then you can ask 'Hey, will i have to pay for that drink? If so, how much?' same goes for the club entry. 'Hey, is it free entry?' 'How much is the fee?' if you dont ask you cant expect someone to go out of their way to tell you. And once they do tell you that its not free entry you can just say 'Oh shit i didnt realize it costs money to run a club and i need to pay to use their services. Ill just run around the city hoping i can get free shit. Thanks though!' and then you turn around and be on your way. 

Or you could come on the forums and complain that someone doesnt do things the way you want them to, even though you have no say it in because once again its their business. There's a club in Paleto that often hosts cool events and costume competitions. Are you going to come here and complain that it involves buying a mask for 5k and there should be a rule against it? SMH

Entrance fee should be a transparent thing, lets the person know that if he wants to enter, he has to pay. I don't talk about the amount, I am talking about making it a known thing. Because some places do not charge shit, some do.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

Alright.

Lets say you go to a club IRL and same thing happens. There is no entrance fee information displayed.

Do you:

1) Contact the owner/manager and make a complaint

2) Just go away and dont go back to the said club ever again

3) YOOOOO THERE NEEDS TO BE A  RULE AGAINST THIS IMMA CONTACT GOD TO PUT IT INTO THE BIBLE!

• mj2002 locked this topic