[LSNN] LSPD unofficial street racing event backfires after footage is leaked

LSNN

*Sent from her home network because why would anyone give a shit about a random comment on a news article? Like literally. She's not overly paranoid unlike some people. It's a news article comment, not dark web firearms trafficking.*

Username: KeikoT
Comment: To be fair, it would have just moved somewhere else and there was no way to completely stop it from happening. They helped keep it organized and safe for a while. Once an accident did occur, racing got halted and eventually they stopped it peacefully. With all the cars there, it would have been a mess trying to clear it out. I don't race but I do spectate. It's unfortunate they got put on administrative leave for trying to keep people safe when it would have just been a bad time for everyone involved if they tried to clear it out.

* Sent from his cellphone *

Username: Carp88

Comment: So the LSPD does something positive to prevent the public to be injured by these guys if they tried to flee from them at a high rate of speed through the city just for them to organize and race somewhere else and they get dragged through the mud for this?

Username: LosSantosCitizen

Comment: While I commend the LSPD for trying to pursue an alternative means of handling the issue at hand, this was not the way to go about it. It was an unsanctioned event. I've seen car shows shut down for less by not having a temporary event license, so why the double standard? Sets a dangerous precedent. Other car organizations have had to go through great lengths to get an event approved and sanctioned by the LS Government and emergency personnel, but now it's okay if street cops decide it is? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Same thing happens when a PD car parks on the sidewalk in a non-emergency situation but says they are exempt from the penal code & allowed to do it if they deem necessary. If I parked my car up on the sidewalk, it would get towed in an instant. Double standards have no business in a law enforcement agency. If you're going to enforce the law, you have to follow the law.

Edited by Kestalas
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Codac said:

*Sent from her home network because why would anyone give a shit about a random comment on a news article? Like literally. She's not overly paranoid unlike some people. It's a news article comment, not dark web firearms trafficking.*

Username: KeikoT
Comment: To be fair, it would have just moved somewhere else and there was no way to completely stop it from happening. They helped keep it organized and safe for a while. Once an accident did occur, racing got halted and eventually they stopped it peacefully. With all the cars there, it would have been a mess trying to clear it out. I don't race but I do spectate. It's unfortunate they got put on administrative leave for trying to keep people safe when it would have just been a bad time for everyone involved if they tried to clear it out.

Username: Concerned_Taxpayer

Comment: I'm glad they were keeping the street racers safe while they left young black and Mexican kids to be slaughtered in South Central. Every vehicle spotted in the video should be seized and destroyed.

LSNN Official

The Los Santos Sheriffs County Media Relations has provided the following statement, denying they was involved in the racing and it has been added to the main article. 

We have confirmed with absolute certainty that no Sheriff's Deputies were involved in any sort of illicit activity at the Los Santos International Airport. Any Sheriff's Department presence on the 12th of April was due to public safety concerns - after investigating the situation, we have determined that the presence of Deputy Kane was limited to an active 911 call. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to provide details about public safety investigations. However, to suggest that Mister Kane or any other deputy was involved in illicit activity would be incredibly dangerous to the sanctity of this profession, as we will not allow false accusations to besmirch the excellent public safety record of this department since my administration took charge. Should a deputy have been involved in an illegal street race, I would be the first person to call for him to be placed into handcuffs and walked straight down to the penitentiary. But after speaking to the individuals involved, it's clear that there was no involvement of any kind by a Los Santos Sheriff's Deputy in any sort of illicit activity. Any presence of Sheriff's Deputies was limited purely to calls of service by community members. I am an advocate for the transparency and democratic nature of the news media, I, of course, praise the efforts of the news media to get to the bottom of these circumstances, but I do hold that we should not cast stones without first confirming the true nature of the circumstance at hand and allowing the proper authorities to complete their investigation. With regards to my colleagues at the Los Santos Police Department, I hold a positive relationship with Chief Hughes, and our agencies work hand-in-hand to ensure that this county remains a safe place to live.

Neither my office or the department shall offer comment to questions pertaining to any "argument" which took place during this circumstance.

- Sheriff P. Machado

Name: Richard_Butliquor

Comment: So the fully uniformed deputy, who can be seen enjoying the illegal racing at 0:05 was there for a '911 call?'

What was the call about? Was it something like 'Hello, 911? Yes, we require a deputy over here to find out which department has the best drivers.'?

**Morgan_Freeman_facepalm.gif**

Edited by Shokkoth
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic