The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

1 hour ago, shiroq said:

30 odd bodies found a day, yet somehow we have 8 officers drag racing and getting suspended for it. We have officers constantly pulling people over for simple tints and all kinds of other minor things wasting their time. If there is lack of resources to deal with on going things, why are certain resources not being diverted to where it matters?

Traffic officers don't typically deal with bodies. Investigative Officers do. Traffic and basic units are plenty but the latter is harder to come by as it involves a LOT of IC paperwork. Would you be interested in writing up paper work for people that get DM'd or fall off roofs due to bugs, over and over and over. Hence, the lack of resources. Most people just want to roleplay beat cops. There isn't a high demand for the more investigative side of things. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, joaoivis said:

lscKOI9.png

Not sure if this was a regular speeding mallrat or a terrorist attack. Counted more than 9 cruisers before taking this pic chasing someone. This put the lifes of the people passing by in danger too since you have at least 10 cars speeding around town. Just my opinion.

This seems like an IC situation. Why not go ask ICly? I think know what that chase was about and there was a good reason for the amount of units chasing that car.

Edited by SULLI
8 minutes ago, SULLI said:

This seems like an IC situation. Why not go ask ICly? I think know what that chase was about and there was a good reason for the amount of units chasing that car.

The good old "Take it IC bud".

Damn we must have some pretty dangerous people on the roads because if there was "Good reason" for that man cruisers involved in the chase when it was in an area with a high volume of pedestrians, a high number of complex intersections and multiple choke points?

Why can't some of those units be setting up roadblocks or using other means to stop a chase? Why does there need to be 10-15 cars performing PIT maneuvers? 

1 hour ago, SULLI said:

Traffic officers don't typically deal with bodies. Investigative Officers do. Traffic and basic units are plenty but the latter is harder to come by as it involves a LOT of IC paperwork. Would you be interested in writing up paper work for people that get DM'd or fall off roofs due to bugs, over and over and over. Hence, the lack of resources. Most people just want to roleplay beat cops. There isn't a high demand for the more investigative side of things. It is what it is.

You're saying that like we're supposed to be okay with it

13 minutes ago, ZFusco said:

What would you propose we do?

First off you can't rely on the people to solve your problems for you, just like any other faction you have a whole range of leaders (even more than most) who're suppose to develop ways to make their department more realistic, saying that most bodies are bugs is a lame excuse, as far as I know you can identify how someone died just weed out the realistic deaths roleplay around it, saying that there is a lack of people who want to investigate is also bogus because there are unmarked SUV roaming South Central 24/7 itching to hear a gunshot, what other purposes do they serve, what pressure is being put on prostitution and organized crime two widely active sectors of the community, the emphasis has to be put on roleplay not just acting as if this is a police simulation mod.

2 minutes ago, Jola said:

First off you can't rely on the people to solve your problems for you, just like any other faction you have a whole range of leaders (even more than most) who're suppose to develop ways to make their department more realistic, saying that most bodies are bugs is a lame excuse, as far as I know you can identify how someone died just weed out the realistic deaths roleplay around it, saying that there is a lack of people who want to investigate is also bogus because there are unmarked SUV roaming South Central 24/7 itching to hear a gunshot, what other purposes do they serve, what pressure is being put on prostitution and organized crime two widely active sectors of the community, the emphasis has to be put on roleplay not just acting as if this is a police simulation mod.

Investigative work is extremely demanding, and most people don't want to. You can't force people to roleplay a certain way.

Just now, Jola said:

Okay then just be a mediocre police department, I'm totally fine with that. Hopefully, other departments will take the initiative to do that type of rp.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink.

People are here to play a game, they join departments they enjoy and that makes them not burn out. Some enjoy patrol, some enjoy traffic, some enjoy investigation.

Some detectives would hate doing traffic stops all day, some beat officers would hate doing house breaches and warrants all day, some traffic officers would hate writing up investigations.

All officers are trained in a preliminary investigation, which they then forward to the Detectives. That’s just how it is.

And if you do try to force people to Roleplay, people leave.

Just now, Kenshi Haroku said:

So you're demanding people to do something that they have no affinity for, or no desire to do just for you?

I'm not demanding anything I'm making suggestions which is the purpose of this topic if you're fine with your department... delete the topic lol 

Do you have the desire to do paperwork? I'm pretty sure you don't but you do it anyway for the sake of roleplay.

1 minute ago, SpartanofSparta said:

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink.

People are here to play a game, they join departments they enjoy and that makes them not burn out. Some enjoy patrol, some enjoy traffic, some enjoy investigation.

Some detectives would hate doing traffic stops all day, some beat officers would hate doing house breaches and warrants all day, some traffic officers would hate writing up investigations.

All officers are trained in a preliminary investigation, which they then forward to the Detectives. That’s just how it is.

And if you do try to force people to Roleplay, people leave.

That is understandable and if this is the case other factions should be allowed to handle those aspects of roleplay if they want to, new factions can even be created to handle it, I don't see what is the point of being a detective if you're only going to ride around in an unmarked 24/7 doing traffic stops or calling out shootouts but if that floats your boat then fine but I'm sure that there are people willing to do it so other avenues should be created to allow them to

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic