State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish to see the server drive in a more realistic manner, and I think that could be achieveable with an actual driving school, something I am thinking of starting on my alt character as a side thing (of course I have no power to give licenses, it'd be just for RP purposes). If anyone is interested let me know!

• Upvote 1

For someone who RP's going to MVA's and rescuing people, I've often seen myself seeing the same kind of people actually getting caught up in these situations. Getting people to drive some what realistic is down to there own devices and if they want to get a speeding ticket, that's on them. Adding speed bumps in high populated areas would be a huge help, even add some speed cameras? 

• Upvote 1

After reading some comments on the topic, adding highway patrol will fix absolutely nothing, seeing people want to have it as a glorified traffic division which is beyond absurd. People who enjoy doing traffic enforcement already joined the appropriate divisions in LSPD/LSSD/SASP to do such, so saying people would like to do it in a new faction when they already can do such activities in 3 existing factions is ridiculous.

Adding a new possible exam to get a drivers license could be benificial for new players to know the speed limits within the city, as many sadly don't. Good alternative would be placing a small circle of existing speed limit besides the actual speedometer they are going, like google maps provides depending on what kind of road you drive in. (60 city limits, 75 county roads, 100 highways)

EXAMPLE: 

Spoiler

0c3013773c38ab47da78c191db08fd28.png

Adding speed cameras on main roads and maybe intersections to ensure people are slowing down completely or doing the rolling stop (15 mph) to prevent car accidents from happening so often. Unpaid fines can eventually result in a potential financial warrant which JSA deals with I believe? Essentially extra RP for them if they wanna go around seizing assets for unpaid fines. 

I'm also for upping the monetary fines for traffic related offenses alongside with jail time / impound time and license suspension so people begin driving normally, as long as they are always fully aware of the actual speed limit and the fact you need to require to slow down on intersections, which can be enforced with cameras alongside with providing the speed limit besides the actual speedo. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

imagine having the highly sought after highway patrol that everyone and their grandma has asked about since like 2018 and every other gtaw affiliate server has with a smaller playerbase than ours and manages just fine with? 

brazy haha

already exists

brazy haha

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

In my experience, people want other people to drive more realistically. However, when it comes to solutions that may actually effect them, people usually don't support it.

I don't think that's the case. It's just that majority of players don't want to drive realistically, and they don't post comments here in this specific topic at the moment.

There's no real consequence to anything so nobody fears driving infractions.  Plus, a lot of LEOs ignore most infractions, and don't even stop at lights or follow the speed limit themselves.  Only time I really see traffic enforcement is when the server is quiet in the mornings and afternoons.  It's literally the most dangerous time to drive, from a getting pulled over/ticketed perspective.  At night you can drive like a total loon and nobody cares because the cops are all tied up on shootings and pursuits.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, DLimit said:

Most speeding tickets should really be charges for public endangerment and reckless driving.

this is very true and I am also guilty of letting people go or giving tickets to people that DEFINITELY should have been arrested for a misdemeanor or felony. it happens quite a lot, and the reason it's done is usually because we don't wanna fuck somebody over cus they held the W key for 3 seconds too long and GTA acceleration put them at 110mph cuz every car is overtuned as fuck. not really sure what the solution to that is tho because telling everyone to be harsher won't really change anything. i'm still not tryna ruin someones development over all that

• Upvote 2

So I agree with some of the criticisms in this thread I think there is a general disconnect from a lot of the feedback. You can tell a lot of it comes from a lack of perspective on American driving, yet alone driving all together, or they way our traffic court works. Just for context Been on a Judge and Lawyer on separate characters on this server for several years. My Lawyer character does not have a great driving record by design as I roleplay him as a bit of a speed demon who loves high end sports cars. I've always gotten several tickets IRL in America multiple states so I've seen first hand how traffic court works in multiple areas of the US.

One issue and I've been wanting to make this suggestion for a while is a points system similar to criminal points but for traffic expenses. Systems like this exist is several states NY is the first one that comes to mind. Basically if you rack of points you can lose your license but more importantly the second you get a single point on your license your insurance goes up. So imagine license points is connected to a multiplier. Say you get some points for your fist offense, now your insurance cost on all your cars are 1.2x the normal cost. Get more points its becomes 1.5, etc, etc. 

7 minutes ago, joshua said:

this is very true and I am also guilty of letting people go or giving tickets to people that DEFINITELY should have been arrested for a misdemeanor or felony. it happens quite a lot, and the reason it's done is usually because we don't wanna fuck somebody over cus they held the W key for 3 seconds too long and GTA acceleration put them at 110mph cuz every car is overtuned as fuck. not really sure what the solution to that is tho because telling everyone to be harsher won't really change anything. i'm still not tryna ruin someones development over all that

23 hours ago, DLimit said:

Most speeding tickets should really be charges for public endangerment and reckless driving.

I think is absolutely the wrong way to address it and creates more issues than problems. Coming from someone who has a Judge character and Public defender character our court system is overworked the way it is. Overcharging traffic offenses to felonies or misdemeanors has been a problem in the past and the DA's Office end up pleading them down anyway. Misdemeanor charges you can justify but Felony charges for traffic violations are unrealistic. And this is what I mean by people not being familiar with the way the law works in the States or even as they exist now on the server. It is near impossible to get charged with a felony for a traffic violation for simply driving to fast or a little recklessly. You can accidently kill someone and not get charged with a felony because our law is designed in a way to not be punitive to simply human error. DUIs and like things like Vehicular Manslaughter like intentionally harming someone with a vehicle are some of the few vehicular felonies that exist. Over charging is not the answer it just clogs up the courts with things that should of just been a ticket.

• Upvote 1