Crack Cocaine | Addiction System Overhaul | Overdose | Drug Quality | Doctors & Hospitals

iAMTemple

Opinion  

561 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the positive effects described here would be enough to create a demand for drugs.  40% bonus HP for 5 minutes just isn't worth it.  Make it 50% and last one hour.  Also if possible, make it improve shooting accuracy.  I think there has to be actual OOC benefits to generate a good amount of scripted drug use, otherwise people just won't bother with the ingame item (easier to just do /me snorts some cocaine if you're only doing it for RP/story purposes).

Edited by Paenymion
16 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

I don't think the positive effects described here would be enough to create a demand for drugs.  40% bonus HP for 5 minutes just isn't worth it.  Make it 50% and last one hour.  Also if possible, make it improve shooting accuracy.  I think there has to be actual OOC benefits to generate a good amount of scripted drug use, otherwise people just won't bother with the ingame item (easier to just do /me snorts some cocaine if you're only doing it for RP/story purposes).

Drugs should make it harder to shoot, not better. They impair you.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is what a lot of people miss.

People don't take recreational drugs because they turn them into superman, they take them because they're fun.

There seem a lot of people on this thread focused on what IG bonuses they'll receive, hp boosts etc.

RL, these drugs simply don't do that and as the above poster pointed out, many of them severely impair either your co--ordination, judgement ability or both.

With very few exceptions & certainly not the most common recreational such as weed / molly, mushrooms, LSD or coke, there should be no IG HP boosts. If anything, many of them should cause co-ordination issues (which should also be the same with alcohol).

I do agree that drug duration for everything except coke, should be increased - the effects of alcohol / weed / molly / shrooms and LSD last several hours.

4 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

This is what a lot of people miss.

People don't take recreational drugs because they turn them into superman, they take them because they're fun.

There seem a lot of people on this thread focused on what IG bonuses they'll receive, hp boosts etc.

RL, these drugs simply don't do that and as the above poster pointed out, many of them severely impair either your co--ordination, judgement ability or both.

With very few exceptions & certainly not the most common recreational such as weed / molly, mushrooms, LSD or coke, there should be no IG HP boosts. If anything, many of them should cause co-ordination issues (which should also be the same with alcohol).

I do agree that drug duration for everything except coke, should be increased - the effects of alcohol / weed / molly / shrooms and LSD last several hours.

You also have to take into consideration that this is a game and will therefore require balancing as such. Making drugs 1:1 with IRL effects will not help with creating a demand for them.

4 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

this is a server, people will be ooc influenced on what they can gain via taking this drug. People aren't gonna repeatedly pay thousands for drugs if it has no tangible benefits, for those that do it I applaud you but they're the minority, nowhere close to enough to pump out the hundreds of thousands of grams, if not millions, on the server

On 1/11/2021 at 3:08 PM, changooman said:

You also have to take into consideration that this is a game and will therefore require balancing as such. Making drugs 1:1 with IRL effects will not help with creating a demand for them.

With respect, that reasoning is rife with a meta / powergame mindset.

I've characters that have taken plenty of drugs and never once was the reason to gain IG stat boosts.

The reason there is such a problem with drug prices on the server is because the fundamental issue is that their is far too much supply.

You won't increase demand noticeably by increasing the stat boosts drugs give, because the same people using them for such a purpose exist today as they will tomorrow. You're just giving an unrealistic edge to characters already poorly RPing by using drugs to help them in their next confrontation with police / whoever in a completely unrealistic and poor quality manner.

Edit: I'd also urge caution on drug addiction rules - obviously some drugs are very addictive and have physiological effects when withdrawal kicks in - but alot of drugs are less addictive than say, alcohol (in fact almost all drugs are less addictive than liquor). 

One thing people should be mindful of is that if addiction becomes unrealistically common, it will actually result in putting players off drugs completely and have the opposite effect than intended.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy